Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
hemsworth, evans, gal are all great imho. i've only seen gal in bvs, but i'd not replace any of them.

Evans is iconic in the role, Hemswoth getting there. We'll see about Gal. Definitely excited.

0zxkuak0i86x.gif

In any case, we've only seen her in limited capacities thus far, so all we can really do is keep an open mind at this point. It's not like the material in BvS gave her much to work with.

I'm curious to see how she does in a two hour film that actually gives her an emotional character arc to work with.

Last edited:
17127309_407948289567751_4696710681372655616_n.jpg

I think this shot is great. That's basically what I hope to see in the movie from Gal, strong, fierce, acting like that. Not saying I want her to do that face all of the time but be more broad as opposed to subdued. Like the "I am Diana, daughter of Hippoltya' line should have been delivered stronger imo.

That's all I have to say on the matter. See ya when the next trailer drops

What are those? A-are those? MUSCLES? *gasp* B-but I thought she was too skinny for WW! :o

I am not entering the debate regarding Gals acting ability, but I think some people are taking the term "wooden" a bit too literally . When people describe an actor or actress as wooden, they don't mean they have a perpetual blank expression .

This kind of reminds me of times when people described Cavill and Megan Fox as "wooden" and "bland", and people responded with gifs of them smiling or crying to defend them .

Hopefully after the movie, most people will be satisfied with her performance, and the movie too.

Actually you dove right into the acting debate and then had quite a few things to say, even snickering at those who disagreed by posting pics/gifs.

IMO, Gal is most def not wooden. I realize that wooden doesn't just relate to facial expressions...for me it boils down to: can I tell the actor is acting, or do I lose myself in their performance? I'm a big fan of Madonna's music, but most of her roles I could tell she was acting, she didn't convincingly become the character she was playing. So I labeled her wooden. Not only does Gal boast myriad facial expressions, a range of gestures/mannerisms and a cool voice with variance in tone, pitch and enunciation...Most importantly I also absolutely see Wonder Woman herself when Gal graces the screen. She did it. She became Diana. Kudos!

Last edited:
Goddamn.

I knew she was pregnant, but she about to pop any minute now. 9 months already.

C66v0Y8U0AARhE9.jpg

What are those? A-are those? MUSCLES? *gasp* B-but I thought she was too skinny for WW! :o

In this day and age where we have real life references for strong athletic women, it's not too much to have hoped the casting would have done better reflecting that. In that pic it's pretty clear that she's athletic and toned--- but I wouldn't get carried away and start calling tone arms muscular. The average female profession tennis player has twice as much muscle (it seems).

I accept Gal in the role and thought she was awesome in BvS, but she is skinnier than what I would picture an amazon training her entire life would be. It's like the casting of Wolverine, he was awesome in the role and totally owed it, no doubt, but looking at the comics as a reference phyiscally he was a total mismatch and again, not at all what I would have casted. So sometimes it works and I think it will work for Gal, but let's all stop pretending she's a muscular athletic jock--- she's not, she's beautiful and fit and fits the mold of Hollywood casting. You have to learn to accept that and stop acting like their isn't a legitimate argument to be made about her body not fitting a certain of WW that a lot of people would have loved to see casted.

In the end I'm good with what we got, nothing's perfect. I'm rooting for her big time and have a feeling she will totally own it and we won't care she's not a jock, WW is SOOO much more than that anyway.

Forgive the hypothetical but I bet most that made hay out of Gadot's physique, if a "muscular jock" had been cast would be complaining about how that person lacks "feminine grace" etc.

Look... A large swath had their eyes set on their own pick. But it's been years now.

And I hate to keep coming back to this, but do you REALLY think WB would just cast an attractive woman who can't play the character and has to carry not only this film, but Justice League movies?

Yes, they've cast limited actors in massively iconic roles before.

batman_v_superman_6_0.jpg

17127309_407948289567751_4696710681372655616_n.jpg

I think this shot is great. That's basically what I hope to see in the movie from Gal, strong, fierce, acting like that. Not saying I want her to do that face all of the time but be more broad as opposed to subdued. Like the "I am Diana, daughter of Hippoltya' line should have been delivered stronger imo.

That's all I have to say on the matter. See ya when the next trailer drops
Are we sure that these are Gadot's own biceps? :o

I thought they were Zach's?

Yes, they've cast limited actors in massively iconic roles before.

batman_v_superman_6_0.jpg

Like or hate them both but Henry's performance in the Tudors and UNCLE make that asssertion look weak AF. Sorry.

Like or hate them both but Henry's performance in the Tudors and UNCLE make that asssertion look weak AF. Sorry.

He was fine in Tudors (usimg his real accent i believe) but youre overrating his performance in Uncle. Carrying a whole film is no mean feat and - with multiple opportunities - he still hasnt done it.

His main asset by far is still his looks.

Last edited:
He was fine in Tudors (usimg his real accent i believe) but youre overrating his performance in Uncle. Carrying a film is whole film is no mean feat and - with multiple opportunities - he still hasnt done it.

His main asset by far is still his looks.

He was charming, charismatic, funny and still delivered a "hero" performance. UNCLE's failure is far from on his shoulders. The script and director frankly failed it by having totally forgettable villains. He nailed the character and the dialog and he even had chemistry with the cast as a whole.

Point is... No, Cav is not a wooden actor with limited range in my eyes, and I dare say I am the only one to think so.

The thing is... most cbm don't really 'need' Oscar winning actors.

They really don't. A lot of people love to think that but it's simply not the case. Obviously we want the actors in these parts to be good but is being Oscar caliber mandatory? Absolutely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"