Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - - - - Part 27

Discussion in 'Wonder Woman' started by Thread Manager, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wonder89 Registered

I love Gal

2. Wonder89 Registered

3. KnightErrant Registered

[​IMG]

4. Wanda Detroit Registered

Sooo wooden. She should give it up and just hand that tiara to the girl from the Thor movies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

That movie is a load of crap.... but, for me at least, ended the debate over her acting ability.

6. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    I laughed so hard when I saw Costner with that haircut and kicking ass. She was the ONLY good thing about that movie.

7. The Guard Registered

But...but...she has the same eyes, nose and mouth and excellent bone structure that she had before!

8. Micromind New World New Rules

I think Gal's acting is serviceable and she has enough range and charisma to carry a movie, her acting may Not win some awards but it's not bad either.

Still people ask -

Is she over the top actress ? Can Gal act with subtlety ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#958 Micromind, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  9. Micromind New World New Rules

There's no winning over people with preconceived notions, me thinks.

DC movies have a really uphill task to gain popularity for various reasons. Sometimes, I wish I was a Marvel (and Disney and Star Wars) fan, my life would have been much easier. :o

Unfortunately, I always liked Star Trek over Star Wars, Bugs Bunny over Mickey Mouse, DC over Marvel, Batman over Iron Man, Superman over Captain America. :oldrazz:

In short, I never liked what was considered as 'cool'.

10. harryoscop Registered

Where is that from?

11. Micromind New World New Rules

[​IMG]

12. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    I see her more natural and comfortable with the role in JL.

13. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Liam Sharp and Nicola Scott.

14. Spider-jedi Registered

i think most people dont think she will be good is because she is a model turned actress. there isnt a long of good actors who used to be models. i dont want her to be serviceable, i want her to prove me wrong and knock it out of the park. ive only seen her in the fast and furious movies and there she was serviceable, anyone could have played that part. in BVS there wasnt much to work with so i cant fully say if she was good i will say the presence of ww did give the movie some life and fun factor.

also i dont think its fair to compare her to pine. that guy is a gem, just from the trailer one can tell he plays the part well. i just dont want a movie where everyone does a good job expect fro the star.

15. whenforeverisnt Registered

Charlize Theron is an exception. And the only reason I bring her up, is because Hollywood didn't take Charlize seriously. Until Monster that is. And who wrote and directed that film? Patty Jenkins. And Patty is on record saying people told her not to cast Charlize. She was kind of viewed as a Megan Fox type. You get her because she was hot and put her in popcorn films (Mighty Joe Young). Charlize was a model turned actress that wasn't taken seriously until she was directed with a very good director that pulled out a phenomenal performance out of her and got her an Oscar. Patty was able to do that with Charlize (granted, Charlize's talent was always there hidden), so I believe Patty will be able to bring out Gal's best performance.

I'm not expecting huge leaps and bounds. I'm expecting her to go from serviceable to alright. But that is an improvement.

16. Wanda Detroit Registered

I think someone who can pull off looking like they are actually crying like she did in those gifs is more than just "alright".

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Just quickly scrolled past all the pictures. I see that there are way too many spoilers in this thread now as well as the main WW thread. I think I might be checking out until after the movie comes out, unless we can have a non-spoiler Gal thread.

18. AnneFan Hathaway #1

The same noises about wooden acting are coming from the same people. People either like Gal or they don't. I love Gal. She was a complete standout in BvS.

19. Patchwork Man Registered

Affirmative. I see those same doubts being aired out every time I come to this site.

In what universe is Bugs Bunny not considered better than that annoying rat?

We're on the same page with regard to the other examples, too. :up:

20. Patchwork Man Registered

When the film arrives, they will all be proven wrong. Patty has expressed the utmost confidence in Gal and the film, i.e. the finished product.

21. AnneFan Hathaway #1

I stand by my earlier post that people either like Gal's acting or they don't. I think it's really that simple. I don't think we will see huge opinion reversals once the film comes out. If anything, there will be doubling down.

22. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

So, do you believe its impossible for someone to *actually* think the DCEU sucks? If so, why?

23. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

Not quite sure what my original comment was aimed at...

Nowadays, it's all too common for people to see a headline/tweet/random video on the internet and believe it completely even though the reality is completely different from what they've decided to believe.

Doesn't mean I think it's impossible for anyone to truly feel that the DCEU sucks... just that it's more common to find people being sheep rather than using their own minds.

24. MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Holy crap what's going on here?! That is some awesome show of strength. Never seen a female do that in a comic book movie.

25. Angel0fDeath Mask Of The Phantasm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.