Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand by my earlier post that people either like Gal's acting or they don't. I think it's really that simple. I don't think we will see huge opinion reversals once the film comes out. If anything, there will be doubling down.

Gal was the standout of BvS by a long shot so as long as the performance is serviceable, I'm good to go.

"Serviceable' isn't good enough for the actress playing the LEAD character, let alone Wonder Woman imo

A lead in a movie should never be serviceable. he/she should be the standout. i personally dont expect great things from Gals acting, shes hasnt been an actress that long imo.

So, I went through every Gal scenes in the movie Criminals...and she did very well.
I can be very critical, but i saw nothing wrong. There's a scene that is quite demanding and complex to act, she is supposed to show different emotions at the same time: sadness, confusion, despair, love, joy.
Well, let's say that she was quite convinsing.

The more people focus on her supposed bad acting, the more they try to find flaws, the more they will find what they want to find, even if it's not there.

Honestly, she is better than Jason Momoa, who doesn't really have a large range, but no is giving him ***** like they do with Gal. Double Standard you say?

She is no Sarah Paulson or Viola Davis, but I think that she can pull it of and give a very good performance.

I think part of the reason Momoa gets away with it (apart from the fact he's a dude) is that he's had main cast roles in a few shows and starred in a few movies.... Gal only had F&F (IIRC) when she was cast as WW....

"Serviceable' isn't good enough for the actress playing the LEAD character, let alone Wonder Woman imo

Has worked for Hemsworth as Thor.

Please save the reply of you thinking he is good, I disagree. :oldrazz:

We will just go in circles.

I think part of the reason Momoa gets away with it (apart from the fact he's a dude) is that he's had main cast roles in a few shows and starred in a few movies.... Gal only had F&F (IIRC) when she was cast as WW....

Yeah, I have seen watched Game of Thrones and Conan...aside from gruntings, i didn't see much acting.

Another exemple is Keanu Reeves, there was a time where people where teasing him because he is so one note, then John Wick happened...he is still the same dull actor, but no one gives a damn, all they see is how good the movie is.

Serioulsy, Gal is better than a lot of actors who for some reason do not get as much hate and criticism. It's like some people need her to fail.:whatever:
Enregistrer

Last edited:

And to that I'll just say to each their own. I would've brought up the whole Chris Hemsworth thing but I got beat to the punch. :oldrazz:

Has worked for Hemsworth as Thor.

Please save the reply of you thinking he is good, I disagree. :oldrazz:

We will just go in circles.
Uh, Thor is suppose to be broad & Hemsworth's acting serves the character very well. And agree to disagree about his acting being bland (Heart of the Sea) And even if he was, he doesn't have the same problem Gal has. Gadot does seem a bit limited in facial expressions. Even that post at the top of the previous pages, half of those pics she has a blank expression on her face. Even in the JL trailer "He said no' she doesn't do a good job of delivering that line either (her face is blank:
justice-league-movie-image-wonder-woman-3.jpeg

(Look at Affleck's face in comparison to hers)

Last edited:
Chris Evans is a prime example of someone who is serviceable in their respective part. The filmmakers play up his strengths and he gets the job done, but let's not pretend he's offering stand-out work in those films.

Last edited:
Uh, Thor is suppose to be broad & Hemsworth's acting serves the character very well. And agree to disagree about his acting being bland (Heart of the Sea) And even if he was, he doesn't have the same problem Gal has. Gadot does seem a bit limited in facial expressions. Even that post at the top of the previous pages, half of those pics she has a blank expression on her face. Even in the JL trailer "He said no' she doesn't do a good job of delivering that line either (her face is blank:

Of course, his face is different, it makes sense in context. Dude just admitted that he failed, while WW is just going on with what she was doing on the computer. How do you feel she was supposed to act?

You feign to ignore that WW (especially this version) is a stoic character, she doesn't need to overreact.

And of course not a word on Ezra crazy eyes when he says he need friends, or Momoa's "I am veryyyy angry" face when he chokes Batman.

Enregistrer
Enregistrer
Enregistrer

Last edited:
Another fact to consider there is that Ben Affleck is older, and a man. He has lines and character to his face that a younger actor or a female actor simply may not have. They are two very different people. Trying to compare their acting ability based on a still photo is just silly. Nevermind that Affleck has been acting since he was what...8 or 9?

A lot of the complaints here seem to be that Gal has certain "set" expressions and a "blank face". That "blank face" is part of the reason she is considered beautiful. She has very few facial flaws, blemishes, etc.

Here's the thing...people are born with a certain bone and facial structure, and even with surgery, can only do so much to alter it.

Not everyone has the craggy, extremely expressive face or particular type of facial structure that is often mistaken for great emoting, when it fact it's just a face with a lot of character in the first place. I see this all the time when people are judging actors, even locally. An actor literally sits there doing nothing but looking attractive, and people fall all over their amazing performance, when in fact they didn't do all that much. There's a reason that both Broadway and Hollywood are full of people with certain types of facial structures.

Watch her performance closely. Look at her eyes, at the softening or tensing of her jaw, at her body language, and very small elements of her facial performance. The movement of the eyebrows, the movement of the eyes themselves...that's acting. It's subtle, but it's there.

No, she's not the best actress who ever walked the Earth. She just started doing it, in many respects, and it would be unfair to expect otherwise. But she's certainly capable, has made solid improvements in her performances in the span of really just a few years, has varied her portfolio considerably (she's not exactly been typecast, she's been in dramas, action films and comedies) and she has sold the types of moments Wonder Woman needs to have very effectively thus far.

And I hate to keep coming back to this, but do you REALLY think WB would just cast an attractive woman who can't play the character and has to carry not only this film, but Justice League movies? Hollywood is full of attractive, exotic women who could look the part and even handle much of the action. There's something special about Gal Gadot, a specific combination of vulnerability, intensity, charm and physical capability, and pretty much everyone who has worked with her has said as much.

Last edited:

You spin me right round (like a record baby)
You spin me right round (like a record baby)

Sooo wooden. She should give it up and just hand that tiara to the girl from the Thor movies.

tumblr_ofkngw20yN1v3mslvo4_400.gif

tumblr_ofkngw20yN1v3mslvo5_400.gif

tumblr_ofjab6ECIj1v3mslvo3_400.gif

tumblr_og66bqRDOs1ugyuoto7_400.gif

I'm seeing lots of facial expressions and range, in these pics and every role I've experienced Gal in--including BvS and the three WW trailers (personally I was touched at how concerned she seemed for Steve, a complete stranger, on the beach as he woke up). I'll never understands geek's need to be negative, especially when provided proof to the contrary.

People are analyzing her acting after this trailer more than after BvS which is bizarre to me.

I am not entering the debate regarding Gals acting ability, but I think some people are taking the term "wooden" a bit too literally :woot:. When people describe an actor or actress as wooden, they don't mean they have a perpetual blank expression :funny:.

This kind of reminds me of times when people described Cavill and Megan Fox as "wooden" and "bland", and people responded with gifs of them smiling or crying to defend them :funny:.

Hopefully after the movie, most people will be satisfied with her performance, and the movie too.

When people describe an actor or actress as wooden, they don't mean they have a perpetual blank expression.

Except, of course, for those people who are literally saying that.

Yeah, there is no denying she's been weak in the trailers, but I think part of the clunkiness comes from the editing. I enjoyed her in her previous film, but then it wasn't hard to stand out for her. I think she'll be fine here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"