BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No strawman at all, but it's always fun to try to drag that out. You and others posit that Superman must be presented as "well built" (your words) because he's always been drawn that way (whether it makes sense given the internal logic of the fictional world or not). Please present some official DC literature pertaining to the metabolism thing and why Supes is muscular (and indeed how one so powerful under our yellow sun could actually become so muscular).

It's the classic fanboy double standard is all. The women (even if they're amazon warriors) must remain waif-like, whilst the men (being the male power fantasy, obv) must be "well built" and muscular.

"He's always been drawn that way!" is the best reason that can be given. Just funny is all.

Very good observation. There's no reason Superman has to be buff is there?

You're clutching at straws brother. No-one knows her name, most F&F fans would probably struggle to name her. If this is business it is misguided.

I think it's highly naive to think her connection to a franchise that just came 1.5 billion or whatever over the last 2 films, played no role in her getting a serious consideration.

Read what i said. It's not her name it's her face, they got her for cheap I'm sure of it but she is not an entirely unknown actress due to her connection to those films, regardless if she was the main draw.

I'm positive if she hadn't "made a name" for herself in the fast films she would not have been cast otherwise.

I wish I could be. This film feels like it keeps changing almost on a weekly basis.
It's an interesting combo indeed, and that's what I'm liking. We have Ben Affleck as Batman, which took people by complete surprise, with strong reaction. We now have Gal as Wonder Woman, and another strong reaction. And it's a big budget movie, with three iconic characters meeting. For what could be a relatively safe movie, the studio is doing it a little different.

I think it's highly naive to think her connection to a franchise that just came 1.5 billion or whatever over the last 2 films, played no role in her getting a serious consideration.

Read what i said. It's not her name it's her face, they got her for cheap I'm sure of it but she is not an entirely unknown actress due to her connection to those films, regardless if she was the main draw.

I'm positive if she hadn't "made a name" for herself in the fast films she would not have been cast otherwise.

shes cheap, attractive,athletic and has an accent.....thats why she got cast.

Read what i said. It's not her name it's her face, they got her for cheap I'm sure of it but she is not an entirely unknown actress due to the her connection to those films regardless if she was the main draw.

I'm positive if she hadn't ''made a name'' for herself in the fast films she would not have been cast otherwise.

C'mon man, not entirely unknown? She is unknown. Fast and Furious was always about Vin and Paul, she was a background character. How many people knew her name before today?

I am optimistic about Affleck, him I'll give a chance......Gadot on the other hand.….....FFFFF**************KKKKKKKK NNNNNNOOOOO!!!! Horrible horrible choice, just as bad as Gina Carano since both cannot act to save there lives.

Last edited:
I will say this - I'm glad they chose a girl who isn't an American.

Very good observation. There's no reason Superman has to be buff is there?

Well the only person who it would make sense to be muscular is Batman, he's the only one who relies on his physical strength.

Superman: Super-strength from sun because he's not human.
Wonder Woman: Super-strength from gods because she's not human.
Green Lantern: Super-strength from Guardians because of alien ring.
Aquaman: Super-strength from lower atmospheric pressure, because he's not human.
Martian Manhunter: Super-strength because he's not human
The Flash: Super-speed from the Speed Force because he's a metahuman.
Cyborg: Super-strength from being a machine.

Batman: Above average strength from training.

shes cheap, attractive,athletic and has an accent.....thats why she got cast.

That's every other victoria secret model out there. Maybe she's been hiding her acting talents somewhere and we'll see it this film who knows?

I still it's rediculous to think her connection to the F&F films had no connection to her getting cast here. This isn't some unknown indie actress who's talents blew people away, there's a big reason besides those elements you listed that she got cast.

I'm sorry but she is not at all what I picture when I think of WW, I've always imagined her kinda like Xena from back in the day. Kinda thick and looks like she could take a punch

Well the only person who it would make sense to be muscular is Batman, he's the only one who relies on his physical strength.

Superman: Super-strength from sun because he's not human.
Wonder Woman: Super-strength from gods because she's not human.
Green Lantern: Super-strength from Guardians because of alien ring.
Aquaman: Super-strength from lower atmospheric pressure, because he's not human.
Martian Manhunter: Super-strength because he's not human
The Flash: Super-speed from the Speed Force because he's a metahuman.
Cyborg: Super-strength from being a machine.

Batman: Above average strength from training.

100% correct. And yet people still want all the male characters to be built like pro-wrestlers.

That's every other victoria secret model out there. Maybe she's been hiding her acting talents somewhere and we'll see it this film who knows?

I still it's rediculous to think her connection to the F&F films had no connection to her getting cast here. This isn't some unknown indie actress who's talents blew people away, there's a big reason besides those elements you listed that she got cast.

yes cause she was the hot action girl from the fast and furious movies

She played a minor role in the films though, didn't she?

It would be like casting Jon Favreau as Max Lord based on the success of the Iron Man films because he appeared as Happy Hogan.

Considering that's pretty much the only movies she's done it kinda goes without saying dude.

It's the classic fanboy double standard is all. The women (even if they're amazon warriors) must remain waif-like, whilst the men (being the male power fantasy, obv) must be "well built" and muscular.

"He's always been drawn that way!" is the best reason that can be given. Just funny is all.

Superman represents what many consider the ideal male physique, while Wonder Woman represents what many consider the ideal female physique. It has nothing to do with an in-universe reason, or them being strong or not, and it has everything to do with them being the ideal man and woman.

I'm sorry but she is not at all what I picture when I think of WW, I've always imagined her kinda like Xena from back in the day. Kinda thick and looks like she could take a punch

No, no. Didn't you hear? WW doesn't need to look capable because she's got the power of the Gods. :whatever:

Superman on the other hand MUST look strong and capable...because...? Right, he's "always been drawn that way". :o

Yeah, I'm glad it's not like they're filming already. She has literally no time to get into proper shape. Haha, what.

100% correct. And yet people still want all the male characters to be built like pro-wrestlers.

It's because most of them are physical characters. Sure, they don't need huge muscles but it helps sell the physicality.

yes

59670318e803708fe47f1e247206dbde.jpg
3879_-_animated_gif_chuck_norris_dodgeball_thumbs_up.gif

Yeah, I'm glad it's not like they're filming already. She has literally no time to get into proper shape. Haha, what.

shes was a soldier and did a lot of stunts in the FF movies, shes in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"