BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because most of them are physical characters. Sure, they don't need huge muscles but it helps sell the physicality.

And that's what WW is as well - and yet there's far more leniency for her body shape. Maybe it just comes down to female body preference, some guys like thin girls which is cool, some guys like a girl with some meat on her.

Superman represents what many consider the ideal male physique, while Wonder Woman represents what many consider the ideal female physique. It has nothing to do with an in-universe reason, or them being strong or not, and it has everything to do with them being the ideal man and woman.

Yes, it has everything to do with gender norms and reinforcing outdated stereotypes about what an "ideal" man or woman should or shouldn't look like, this is why I suspect many fanboys don't want her to look "strong" or capable- because that's not their wet-dream, "ideal" woman. Just looking at the pics posted in this thread- they all look like they're from lad mags!

I, for one, hope Gadot gets into kick ass shape. I hope all the fanboys get their knickers in a twist upset that she's too athletic or "masculine" (read: capable) looking.

And that's what WW is as well - and yet there's far more leniency for her body shape. Maybe it just comes down to female body preference, some guys like thin girls which is cool, some guys like a girl with some meat on her.

Oh, I misread you intentions in your post. My bad.

I definitely favor a more robust Wonder Woman.

Yes, it has everything to do with gender norms and reinforcing outdated stereotypes about what an "ideal" man or woman should or shouldn't look like, this is why I suspect many fanboys don't want her to look "strong" or capable- because that's not their wet-dream, "ideal" woman. Just looking at the pics posted in this thread- they all look like they're from lad mags!

I, for one, hope Gadot gets into kick ass shape. I hope all the fanboys get their knickers in a twist upset that she's too athletic or "masculine" (read: capable) looking.

I just want her to gain weight, if she can fill out then great. But I've got my doubts because I've seen people like her eat as much as they want and not gain an ounce.

I just saw this and I suppose it's interesting that they're already introducing Wonder Woman in the DC universe in what was supposed to be a Superman sequel, then became Batman/Superman, and now is starting to look like a Justice League introduction. Doesn't really bother me though, as long as the film is good.

At the risk of sounding negative though, what does bother me is when I saw pictures of this actress. Surely she needs to be gaining 10-15kgs at least for this role because no one's going to buy a Wonder Woman that's a bean pole.

You just agreed that they don't need muscles?

What is this whole argument about then?

"It's because most of them are physical characters. Sure, they don't need huge muscles but it helps sell the physicality."

I couldn't find my magnets. Sorry :csad:

That's the reason why Cavill got ripped and why Affleck will get ripped and why Gadot will get into shape as well. It helps sell the physicality of the character on screen- whether it makes sense for them to muscular/well built/whatever or not.

Or just what people are accustomed to when it comes to those characters. For instance, as long as the girl isn't flat out annorexic or has a gut then I'm fine with a somewhat muscular or curvaceous Wonder Woman as well as a slender one.

With Superman, I "hypocritically" prefer him well built because again that's what I've been accustomed too over the years.

Not a Black and White issue if ya ask me. I do think the issue is overgeneralized because no one says that Wonder Woman should be pure bones they are saying she just needs to look fit and not necessarily have HUGE" muscles.

Last edited:
"It's because most of them are physical characters. Sure, they don't need huge muscles but it helps sell the physicality."

Well, obviously. The point still stands. Unless you thought my question was about people who have no muscles at all? Which would be an interesting interpretation...

Well, obviously. The point still stands. Unless you thought my question was about people who have no muscles at all? Which would be an interesting interpretation...

Alright, so we're gonna do this, huh? Well, even coma patients have muscles. So do quadriplegics :o

Considering that's pretty much the only movies she's done it kinda goes without saying dude.

Well we're in agreement then.

We both agree her acting alone in those films were mediocre at best and while she's hot there are other actresses that just on a purely physical level would have probably been better suited. So what do we have as to why she was cast?

Alright, so we're gonna do this, huh? Well, even coma patients have muscles. So do quadriplegics :o

Nice non-sequitur.

But the point still stands that you agreed huge muscles were not a factor of absolute importance.

Unless you tell me that thumbs up meant something else?

Or just what people are accustomed to when it comes to those characters. For instance, as long as the girl isn't flat out annorexic or has a gut then I'm fine with a somewhat muscular or curvaceous Wonder Woman as well as a slender one.

With Superman, I ''hypocritically'' prefer him well built because again that's what I've been accustomed too over the years.

Not a Black and White issue if ya ask me

I've seen very few images of WW where she's wasn't curvy and athletic. I don't see how it's any different.

Wonder Woman represents what many consider the ideal female physique. It has nothing to do with an in-universe reason, or them being strong or not, and it has everything to do with them being the ideal man and woman.

Um no.

Not at all.

By our societal standards, Gal Gadot's current physique is more in line with the ideal female physique in society.

Though women and men also want women to have curves in the right places.

Google "Emily Ratajkowski" and you'll see what I mean.

Women want to be thin.

WW, in the comics, has more of a physique in line with what males want to aspire to amusingly. She looks like She-Hulk in the comics. It's gross. That look wouldn't translate to live action well.

Nice non-sequitur.

But the point still stands that you agreed huge muscles were not a factor of absolute importance.

let's talk about non-sequitur:

Unless you thought my question was about people who have no muscles at all?

yeah.

No, huge muscles are not a factor of absolute importance. I never said or stated any such thing. Looking strong and physically capable in a superhero role is a different story. One doesn't necessitate the other.

Weightlifting makes women look hot:

1010399_528463787225826_1040475173_n.jpg

If she looks anywhere like this, it'd be perfect. Her strength comes from magic, not über muscles. Her physique needs to look like someone who lives on an island and participates in outdoor activities on a daily basis IMO.

I just hope her performance, or lack thereof, doesn't take me out of the movie.

I've seen very few images of WW where she's wasn't curvy and athletic. I don't see how it's any different.

That depends....Were you conditioned by the designs Wonder Woman had in the DCAU films?

The Wonder Woman in the 2009 film looked hella slender. Like I said though, I don't give a damn as long as she looks "In shape" for either side of the spectrum.

let's talk about non-sequitur:

Unless you thought my question was about people who have no muscles at all?

A suggestion is not a non-sequitur. That wasn't an argument, it was a funny remark.

No, huge muscles are not a factor of absolute importance. I never said or stated any such thing. Looking strong and physically capable in a superhero role is a different story. One doesn't necessitate the other.

Agreed. So I'm looking forward to Gal Gadot's performance once her prep work is finished...

That depends....Were you conditioned by the designs Wonder Woman had in the DCAU films?

The Wonder Woman in the 2009 film looked hella slender.

2009 WW wasn't slender my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"