Gamescom 2012 Sony Edition

KALEL114

Returned
Reaction score
More fighters announced for PSASBR. And they better make ****ing MediEvil III already :argh:

They hinted at 3-4 player reveals at their conference. Sir Dan better be one of them.

It's relieving that we're getting this conference after Sony's participation was put in doubt this year. I really hope Sony picks up its game with Vita.

Also dear god NO MORE WONDERBOOK. :(

Wilkommen zer Wunderbukecom!

(Apologies to all German readers).

To be honest, I typically prefer Gamescom to E3

They both have their ups and downs. Gamescom is much better paced but typically the more exciting news comes from E3.

I wonder if any new PS3 exclusives will be announced. You'd think the likes of The Last Of Us and Beyond would be a good enough line-up for 2013, but then again it's been over a year since we heard anything out of Media Molecule, Sucker Punch or Guerrilla.

Gamescom tends to be more Sony centric. MS has little to no presense there. As a result Playstation (which I own) gets most of the headlines and coverage. Not that Sony gets lost in the E3 shuffle, but they are competing for attention and space there. Gamescom is usually more all about them and with Nintendo skipping out this year, thats definetly how it will be. E3 typically has been more about glitz and shockers. Ive always felt Gamescom was more about showcasing the games and not trying to upstage your competitors with the latest buzz

I wonder if Sony doing Square **** a favor is going to announce the cancellation of Final Fantasy VS 13 here ?

You dont announce a game cancellation at a game event. Thats kinda a buzzkill and negative attention you dont want. The report of the cancellaiot rumor says SE wont even make an official announcement bc doing so will cause their stock to drop. They'll just stop talking about it and let it quietly fade off

You dont announce a game cancellation at a game event. Thats kinda a buzzkill and negative attention you dont want. The report of the cancellaiot rumor says SE wont even make an official announcement bc doing so will cause their stock to drop. They'll just stop talking about it and let it quietly fade off

That game never coming out will cause their stock to drop either way in the long run & I hope their stock drops anyway & if people have never forgot about that Final Fantasy 7 remake. People will not forget about this. So they might as well come out & face the consequences. No one likes them anyway. Especially after these rumors

Last edited:
That game never coming out will cause their stock to drop either way in the long run & I hope their stock drops anyway & if people have never forgot about that Final Fantasy 7 remake. People will not forget about this. So they might as well come out & face the consequences. No one likes them anyway. Especially after these rumors
except thats not how stocks and business work. Whenevera negative piece of info like this is officially announced, it tends to follow a sharp drop in stock. Not talking about it and letting it quietly fade off is the way to minimize any potential stock drop, espeically since there are other projects to focus on which will be emphasized in the coming months. And like I said, you definetly do NOT want to make an announcement at a game convention. Sony will want the focus to be on the games they WILL be putting out, not dissappointing news about something they lost

http://n4g.com/news/1045440/two-unannounced-titles-from-sony-confirmed-for-gamescom

It sounds like invitations to the company's press event confirm that they will reveal two new games at the show. My fear is that one will be another Move-based mess from the Singstar team, but I'd personally love to see two new Vita games announced. We've got enough great PS3 games on the way and the system really needs some love.

EDIT: Oh and also of note is that Black Ops Declassified will be at the show.

Nah I'm not writing with anyone atm.

If Sony doesn't show more Vita or Black Ops Declassified they will be shooting themselves in the foot I hope they also announce more sport games like NBA 2K13 for the Vita

If the two new games aren't for Vita, I would be seriously concerned about the future of that system if I owned one.

I dunno, it's just too early to say, even if they were silent on it at Gamescom too.

I think the conference could very well mirror last years. Announced two Vita games (2011 Resistance and Escape Plan), PS3 price cut/New Slim (2011 Price cut), some sort of music/dance game (2011 DanceStar Party), talk about numbers and how important EU is to them, and end the show with a Last of Us demo (2011 U3).

Yeah I'm thinking these two 'new' titles will be things they haven't even mentioned before. Hopefully the Move title will be the horror one that was shown in a montage a few years ago. And it sounds like MediaMolecule will be there too - hopefully a PSN game before a full PS4 revolution?

It would be so, SO amazing if Sony could pull The Last Guardian out at this one. It'll be two years ago from this TGS that it got its original launch window.

I'm pretty confident that the PS4 will be launched in 2014, if not later.
Just speculation, of course, but I just have this strong feeling.

I think 2014 will be the last year with great titles for the PS3.

It would be so, SO amazing if Sony could pull The Last Guardian out at this one. It'll be two years ago from this TGS that it got its original launch window.

The more time that goes by, the more I start believing it's getting pushed out PS4.

I'm pretty confident that the PS4 will be launched in 2014, if not later.
Just speculation, of course, but I just have this strong feeling.

I think 2014 will be the last year with great titles for the PS3.

I don't think they will give Nintendo a two year cushion and, most likely, another one year cushion to MS. I am still thinking 2013.

The reason why I don't think it'll be in 2013 is because they didn't announce it. The rumors aren't really strong either, just rumors. Also, there will be major titles for the PS3 in 2013, like The Last of Us.

I imagine they'd be leaving these titles for the PS4 if it was going to be released in 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"