Garfield Animated Movie

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Mark Dindal To Direct ‘Garfield’ Animated Movie For Alcon Entertainment

The Emperor’s New Groove and Chicken Little helmer Mark Dindal is set to direct a Garfield animated feature set up Alcon Entertainment, which acquired the rights from the creator Jim Davis, who will serve as an exec producer. Paul Kaplan and Mark Torgove co-wrote the screenplay. John Cohen (Despicable Me) and Steven P. Wegner (Dolphin Tale 2) are on board to produce the project with Alcon co-CEO’s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. Bridget McMeel from Amuse is also an executive producer along with Davis.

Reactions: CJ
Fair enough. I like Dindal's animation direction.

Chicken Little is garbage, but Emperor's New Groove and Cats Don't Dance are good. Maybe they can get Bill Murray back as Garfield. Don't know who else would be as good now that Lorenzo Music is passed on.

giphy.gif

I mean, I guess Chris Pratt as Garfield makes more sense than him playing Mario, but still....why? They really couldn't have come up with anyone better for the part? Hollywood is so damn lazy that they should be the ones voicing Garfield. Yes, they, collectively. Every actor, actress, director, producer, writer, makeup artist, agent, caterer, etc. just reading Garfield's lines together like an orange lasagna-loving hive mind. :o

Last edited:
Watching people melt down over this will be fun

Now dammit his voice is not that interesting for him to be getting all these voice acting roles.

The internet is going to have a Garfield day with this one

I don't wanna pile on but...

Why?

Lorenz Music and Murray are both of a definite type that we associate with Garfield.

Pratt is just... Pratt. Hollywood has right now this lowest common denominator approach that equates the avuncular dude bro or the loveable asshat as the defacto "average guy" voice whether live action or animated.

It doesn't matter whatever supposed edgy dialogue you write in the end on so many levels what we end up with is just... Generic.

Just another lazy stab at the four quadrant brass ring that makes something for everyone with no specific appeal that ends up being flavorless pablum. Granted... This Garfield. Not Grapes Of Wrath. My outrage is dull reflex action at best with how suboptimal this and most recent castings of Pratt, which, yep, includes both GOTG films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"