The Expanse

It's so good to have this back! A nice start to the season indeed. Besides some sketchy-looking cgi in one scene this was quality stuff all around.
Make sure to watch the bonus content as well.

So nice of this show to come back when Succession ends. I can only handle so much TV awesomeness on a weekly basis. :D

For people who have read the books in the series, how accurate would you say the show is as an adaptation? I've thought about starting the Expanse book series as well.

For people who have read the books in the series, how accurate would you say the show is as an adaptation? I've thought about starting the Expanse book series as well.
Currently on the final book, I'd say the series is best described as a 'directors cut' of the books (The world, characters, and large-scale plot are very faithful, but on a scene-by-scene level the show is different)

Currently on the final book, I'd say the series is best described as a 'directors cut' of the books (The world, characters, and large-scale plot are very faithful, but on a scene-by-scene level the show is different)

Thanks for that Kaleb. Interesting to hear.

It would be nice if they release a boxset of all 10 books sometime next year.

Just finished episode 2, This episode really flew by, another great one. I am starting to feel that whatever is happening on Laconia, there is no way they'll be able to provide a satisfactory story from that with only 4 episodes left. Most likely the Free Navy vs Earth will be resolved in full but the Laconia stuff will mostly leave us hanging.
So I hope they have something planned for the future and are willing to share with us as soon as possible.

Anyone seen episode 3 yet?
The fight between the Roci and the Free Navy was absolutely insane :wow:

I have to say, I absolutely love this show and this season so far has been just great. But the way things are going and with only 2 episodes left (?) there is no way this will get a decent conclusion, unless the last episodes are twice as long or something.
I Really hope this isn't the End of this.

Are we sure there's only one episode left? I mean, I know it is, but by no means does it give the impression that the next one is series finale and I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm a bit disappointed that they decided to cut episodes in half, at the very last season, where they should have added even more. I hope it delivers and it doesn't feel rushed.

This week's episode felt like something you'd end the penultimate season or first 3rd of a final season. Not the penultimate episode of the season...

Couple of days ago I watched the first ever episode of The Expanse, just in time for the finale this week. Crazy too think how far this Show has come, starting off as a Mystery about a missing girl to now having full out War playing out in front of us. If this is truly the end it’s been an amazing ride.

Just saw the Finale and what a Finale it was!!!

Love the Ship battles, the Aliens Easter Egg and the POV helmet parts which looked like it make a great computer game. This Show is truly something and if this the end I'm going to miss it and the characters in it.

Because of this I thought I'd do a #BaggersTop5 of my fave Expanse characters, so here we go:

5) Camina Drummer
4) Klaes Ashford
3) Joe Miller
2) James Holden

Honourable Mentions:

*Naomi Nagata
*Bobbie Draper
*Cotyar Ghazi
*Chrisjen Avasarala
*Michael Souther
*Fred Johnson
*Praxideke Meng

1) Amos Burton

Ok, I was pleased with the finale. Filip making out of the Pella was predictable and also disappointing because we won't know if he ever saw Naomi again.

They could probably make a spinoff show on the Transport Union stuff with these character before they make the time jump.

Also I have to say, Ring Entities Ex Machinas was fairly predictable.

So after the premiere, I decided to wait 'til the rest of the season was out to binge it all at once. Just finished.

As a final season, I did find it a little uneven - namely the first few eps feeling a little slow to get going and lacking the big "THIS IS THE END" feel that I'd expect from a truncated final season. But the last few eps more than made up for it as they were pretty much everything I love about this show in a nutshell. The ending left a lot of stuff open plot-wise, and yet still, emotionally, I found it extremely satisfying.

Guess I need to go read those last books now. Or it would be really nice if they would just f***ing adapt them please, lol.

I'm gonna miss this show. A lot. One of the best pieces of sci-fi I've seen, with some of my favorite TV characters ever. I once said along time ago when I first jumped aboard that this show was filling the BSG-shaped hole in my heart. But now I think there's an even bigger Expanse-shaped hole. :hrt::waa:

The strike groups had familiar names:

Expanse-S06-E06.jpg

Draper, B - Bobbie Draper, The Expanse
Burton, A - Amos Burton, The Expanse
Ackbar, G - Admiral Giar Ackbar, Star Wars
Idaho, D - Duncan Idaho, Dune
Quaid, D - Douglas Quaid, Total Recall
Rogan, A - Alex Rogan, The Last Starfighter
Bowman, D - David Bowman, 2001: A Space Odyssey
Nesmith, J - Jason Nesmith, Galaxy Quest
Shephard, C - Commander Shephard, Mass Effect
Buck, E - Edward Buck, Halo universe
Garrity, K - Kathleen Garrity, one of showrunner Naren Shankar's karate teachers
Ochiai, H - Hidy Ochiai, one of showrunner Naren Shankar's karate teachers
Ripley, E - Ellen Ripley, Alien
Vasquez, J - Jenette Vasquez, Aliens
Hicks, D - Dwayne Hicks, Aliens
Hudson, W - William Hudson, Aliens
Cooper, J - Joseph 'Coop' Cooper, Interstellar
Deckard, R - Rick Deckard, Blade Runner
Anderton, J - John Anderton, Minority Report
O'Neil, J - Jack O'Neil, Stargate
Levine, R - Rob Levine, one of showrunner Naren Shankar's karate teachers
Rico, J - Johnny Rico, Starship Troopers
Starr, L - Lucky Starr, Asimov or Lone Starr, Spaceballs
Thrace, K - Kara Thrace (Starbuck), Battlestar Galactica
Banks, L - Louise Banks, Arrival
Connor, S - Sarah Connor, The Terminator
Flynn, K - Kevin Flynn, TRON
Stone, R - Ryan Stone, Gravity
Neary, R - Roy Neary, Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Riker, W - William Riker, Star Trek: The Next Generation

The strike groups had familiar names:

Expanse-S06-E06.jpg

Draper, B - Bobbie Draper, The Expanse
Burton, A - Amos Burton, The Expanse
Ackbar, G - Admiral Giar Ackbar, Star Wars
Idaho, D - Duncan Idaho, Dune
Quaid, D - Douglas Quaid, Total Recall
Rogan, A - Alex Rogan, The Last Starfighter
Bowman, D - David Bowman, 2001: A Space Odyssey
Nesmith, J - Jason Nesmith, Galaxy Quest
Shephard, C - Commander Shephard, Mass Effect
Buck, E - Edward Buck, Halo universe
Garrity, K - Kathleen Garrity, one of showrunner Naren Shankar's karate teachers
Ochiai, H - Hidy Ochiai, one of showrunner Naren Shankar's karate teachers
Ripley, E - Ellen Ripley, Alien
Vasquez, J - Jenette Vasquez, Aliens
Hicks, D - Dwayne Hicks, Aliens
Hudson, W - William Hudson, Aliens
Cooper, J - Joseph 'Coop' Cooper, Interstellar
Deckard, R - Rick Deckard, Blade Runner
Anderton, J - John Anderton, Minority Report
O'Neil, J - Jack O'Neil, Stargate
Levine, R - Rob Levine, one of showrunner Naren Shankar's karate teachers
Rico, J - Johnny Rico, Starship Troopers
Starr, L - Lucky Starr, Asimov or Lone Starr, Spaceballs
Thrace, K - Kara Thrace (Starbuck), Battlestar Galactica
Banks, L - Louise Banks, Arrival
Connor, S - Sarah Connor, The Terminator
Flynn, K - Kevin Flynn, TRON
Stone, R - Ryan Stone, Gravity
Neary, R - Roy Neary, Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Riker, W - William Riker, Star Trek: The Next Generation
That’s you for that. When I first say it I knew it be an Easter Egg wet dream. My eyes was drawn to the Aliens Easter Egg but kick myself at the SG-1, The Last Starfighter, BSG and TNG Easter Eggs, u thought I was better than this lol.

I still can't believe Amazon paid all this money for this show, and isnt adapting the huge climactic trilogy. Amazon can spend a billion on LOTR and hundreds of millions on Wheel of Time, but not on the climax of Expanse. :cmad:

As I am re watching the show I just realized why Amos is calling Clarissa Mao "Peach".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"