• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gavin Hood's Vision

icelemt38

Civilian
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]And here’s one for good measure… had a chat with a high-ranking, unmotivated-to-******** member of the Wolverine team… and the take is that the movie is about 90% what Gavin Hood wanted as they finish up post. So… how evil does that make Fox and will the studio get a break? Or is 90% of his vision for the first-time action film director of a comic book film not enough? Or do you think you know what percentage of compromises that Zack Snyder and Chris Nolan (the first time around) and Bryan Singer really made when making their comic book films for Warners?[/FONT]
http://www.mcnblogs.com/thehotblog/archives/2009/03/weekend_estimat_39.html#comments

I saw this posted on another site, it's from David Poland's blog and I didn't know where to post this but I think its great news.

Last edited:
90% sounds pretty good to me in that if Gavin and Fox really clashed as much as reports say they did, it seems as though Gavin won most of those.

Gavin never read any comics, so I can easily see him being ok with Deadpool shooting lasers and stuff.

I think 90% sounds good. I don't know if anyone (besides the giants) ever truly get 100%.

Now lets just hope the film is great :up:

Lets hope the script was great. Gavin can direct the hell out of it...but if the script sucks then:( Lets hope the 10% was Deadpool.

90% of what Hood wanted? If true, that's great. Too bad I have almost no idea what Hood's vision is, as he has hardly said anything about the movie. :csad:

Gavin never read any comics, so I can easily see him being ok with Deadpool shooting lasers and stuff.

But someone else has to write the script before the director can have a vision on it.

90% of what Hood wanted? If true, that's great. Too bad I have almost no idea what Hood's vision is, as he has hardly said anything about the movie. :csad:

No kidding, as far as we know, Barraka-pool was his idea, not Rothmans.

Yeah Rac...you are Obi Wan not Darth Sideous! Resist the dark side.

That's pretty good.

Although I think that 10% is probably the length. Maybe Rothman's promotion kept him from interfering more during the final post-production stages...

He definitely has his own priorities and faithfulness to the comics isn't necessarily one of them. For example, the only reason ?Gambit got his accent in the film is because the actor, Kitsch, insisted on it; Gavin wasn't going to bother otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"