WOLVERINE's Gavin Hood At Comic Con?

I wouldn't mind hearing from a Mod on this. They don't have to tell us anything, but it would be nice to understand maybe a little bit why it was closed down.

The original poster is known on the Dragonball forum for posting negative comments, claiming he has an inside source which he can't reveal, who says the movie is going to be a disaster but of course can't provide anything to back it up.

I suspect he got tired of that forum and tried to move in here. His thread was removed because it was a lie.

the interesting issue is that both movies are from Fox.....

maybe he really has a source, at the end of the day...

I remember that. Was that the same person who posted photos claiming she worked for Fox, then she really didn't?

I think those were two different people, but I could be wrong. Haha. It's been a while.

There won't be a panel but some of the people involved the in the process of bringing Wolverine to the big screen will be at the Con (besides co-creator Len Wein).

I'm guessing that there's a chance that some form of preproduction artwork will be shown by one of these people.
Comic-Con 2008 :: Programming for Friday, July 25

12:00-1:00 Costume Illustrators, Production Illustrators, and Concept and Storyboard Artists— The making of a film or television show is a collaborative process. Costume illustrators and concept and storyboard artists, brought onto productions to develop images under the guidance of the designers, serve a key position in the web of communication that is essential to filmmaking. This panel offers a glimpse into the fundamental importance of illustration as well as the seamless creativity between the key conceptual departments on favorite feature films and television productions. Moderator William David Hogan, director and storyboard artist (Into the Blue 2, Whiteout) will host costume illustrators from CDG, Local 892, including Oksana Nedavniaya (Narnia: Prince Caspian, Twilight), Phillip Boutte, Jr. (Star Trek 2009, Terminator Salvation), Felipe Sanchez (Speed Racer, Wolverine), and Christian Cordella (G.I. Joe, The Mummy 3), alongside illustrators and artists from Local 790: Ricardo Delgado (Age of Reptiles comics, Eagle Eye), Jeff Errico (Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, Crank), Tim Burgard (The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine), Mark Moretti (Valkyrie, The Day the Earth Stood Still), and Trevor Goring (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Watchmen). Room 32AB
1:00-2:00 Production Designers— For the second consecutive year, Comic-Con attendees will have the opportunity to interact with a lineup of master production designers—the artists responsible for creating the looks of today's most celebrated sci-fi/fantasy films and television. Organized by the Art Directors Guild, IATSE Local 800, these production designers will show clips, answer questions, and share their methods for creating imaginary worlds and convincing environments. Participating panelists (listed alphabetically) include Richard Hudolin (Battlestar Galactica, Caprica—BSG prequel), Alex McDowell (Watchmen, Corpse Bride), J. Michael Riva—(Iron Man, Spider-Man 3),—Barry Robison (Wolverine, The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader). Moderating the panel is John Muto, designer of Terminator 2 3D, Species, and Home Alone. Room 32AB

Comic-Con 2008 :: Programming for Saturday, July 26

4:00-5:00 Costume Designers: Designing for Feature Films— Meet the women and men who are the costume designers on this year’s blockbuster films. Panel moderator Mary Vogt (Men in Black, Batman Returns) will talk to fellow members of the Costume Designers Guild, Local 892, Michael Wilkinson (Watchmen, 300), Michael Dennison (The Spirit, The Eye), Isis Mussenden (Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian), and Kym Barrett (Speed Racer). Room 3

Also, as has been mentioned before there's going to be lots of animated X-Men and Wolverine at the Con plus Zak Penn will also be present.

Comic-Con 2008 :: Programming for Thursday, July 24

4:15-5:15 Lionsgate/Marvel: Hulk vs. Wolverine— Alberta, Canada: Over the past week, the Incredible Hulk has been tearing a line across the Canadian wilderness, leaving a swathe of destruction in his wake. He has to be stopped, and there’s only one man up to the job. He’s the best at what he does, but what he does isn’t very nice. He’s Wolverine, an elite agent of Canada’s top secret Department H, and he’s been put on Hulk’s trail with a single objective: stop the green goliath...at all costs. Hulk and Wolverine are about to enter the fiercest battle of their lives. And they have no idea that there are a few unpleasant surprises waiting for them on the other side. Meet Craig Kyle (supervising producer/co-writer), Frank Paur (producer/supervising director), Christopher Yost (co-writer), and others involved in this Marvel Animation milestone and watch the complete Hulk vs. Wolverine months before its January 2009 Blu-ray and DVD release! Hall H
Comic-Con 2008 :: Programming for Friday, July 25

12:30-1:30 The Art of Adapting Comics to the Screen— The cinematic renaissance of comic book-based films continues, and here's your chance to learn what it takes to adapt these dream projects to the screen! Creative Screenwriting magazine's senior editor Jeff Goldsmith hosts an amazing panel of Stan Lee (co-creator of Iron Man), Zak Penn (screenwriter, The Incredible Hulk), and Mark Fergus (co-screenwriter, Iron Man). Room 5AB
Comic-Con 2008 :: Programming for Saturday, July 26

8:30-10:00 Marvel: Wolverine and The X-Men Animated Screening— When an explosive event shatters the lives of the X-Men and takes away their mentor, the beaten heroes walk away from it all. But then they're given a rare glimpse into the future, and see a world in utter ruin, ruled by mutant-hunting Sentinels. So now the most legendary of all X-Men takes the lead—Wolverine! Reuniting these broken heroes, Wolverine embarks on the ultimate mission—to prevent the world's destruction. To rescue us from ourselves. To save the future. Meet Boyd Kirkland (lead director), Craig Kyle (supervising producer), Greg Johnson (head writer), and others involved with this new animated series and watch the first three episodes of this epic new X-Men series before its Nicktoons 2009 premiere. Room 6CDEF
Source:http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_thu.php
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_fri.php
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_sat.php

Awesome! As I remember the person who was banned in the X3 forums was banned for continuously posting illegal pictures from the movie, as in they didn't have permission from 20th Century Fox to post them.

I think she was the one who claimed to work for Fox. :whatever:

Phillip Boutte, Jr. also worked on wolverine

The IESB is here at Comic Con 2008 and left a great party to post and make sure you had the latest info from San Diego!

Word is (and I mean this 100%) that WOLVERINE footage will be shown at the FOX panel tomorrow at 11:30 in Hall H!

Lucky attendees will get to see the very first footage from the new X-Men film starring Hugh Jackman.

IESB contest winner Kevin Beauchamp gets a front row seat at the panel thanks to FOX!

The FOX panel is NOT one to miss tomorrow!

If you are attending Comic Con, get your ass to the FOX panel and keep your eyes open boys and girls...there may just be someone special there to present the clips!

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5249&Itemid=99

Cool. It will be nice to finally hear some legitimate reports about how the film looks so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"