Gears of War 2

Gears of War had a great story and I understood it. Co-op is mad fun too!

But nobody really cares about it. The main thing they wanted to show was the advanced next gen graphics.
Not me.
I care much more about story than graphics.
I´ll buy much faster any game (Gears 2 included) with a really kick ass, dramatic story, in the likes of a movie, than because of stellar graphics and co-op.

Of course, kick ass graphics are not bad either ;)

Isildur´s Heir;14132116 said:
Not me.
I care much more about story than graphics.
I´ll buy much faster any game (Gears 2 included) with a really kick ass, dramatic story, in the likes of a movie, than because of stellar graphics and co-op.

Of course, kick ass graphics are not bad either ;)

I'm with you there. If I can get lost in the story, then I'm pretty much suckered into the franshise for life. :up:

1 billion $$$ hahahah

Whats up Mentok!? I have not posted here in over a year! YIKES!

Damn. Thats too rich for my blood. I guess I will have to wait like everyone else :(

I'm good. I had a pretty big break from this place too. Good luck with the game and have fun!

That tech demo was amazing. The soft body physics especially. I'm glad with this gen, developers and getting the chance to really push physics.

Announcement teaser. It's not a trailer. If you want footage then watch the UE3 tech demo they were showing off at GDC.

I know it's an announce, but we usually get at least some pre-rendered cut scene thing...look at Halo 3's announce trailer...it had voice over from the game, and was of a scene that actually took place in the game.

Or GTA: IVs...it had shots of the city.

I dont think it's too much to want something that at least relates in a small way to the game, as opposed to animation.

Gears of War had a great story and I understood it. Co-op is mad fun too!

GoW had a terrible story. It was an extended courier mission, I didnt give a crap about any of the characters on either side, and it gave no background on anything beyond "OMG! MOLE-MEN!"

I actually think they should drop the entire single player campaign, which will most likely suck again, and just make this a multiplayer only game...but that's just me :o

I know it's an announce, but we usually get at least some pre-rendered cut scene thing...look at Halo 3's announce trailer...it had voice over from the game, and was of a scene that actually took place in the game.

Or GTA: IVs...it had shots of the city.

I dont think it's too much to want something that at least relates in a small way to the game, as opposed to animation.

There's no reason that it has to have real footage. Ninja Gaiden II's announcement trailer didn't have from-game footage, nor did Street Fighter IV's.

I actually think they should drop the entire single player campaign, which will most likely suck again, and just make this a multiplayer only game...but that's just me :o

Brilliant idea.

There's no reason that it has to have real footage. Ninja Gaiden II's announcement trailer didn't have from-game footage, nor did Street Fighter IV's.

Well, I'm not excited with no footage. And I dont see how anyone else is either. For all we know, this game is a sim-city clone with Commodore 64 style graphics. Sure, it's probably not, but without a single frame of anything from the game, we dont know.

Well, I'm not excited with no footage. And I dont see how anyone else is either. For all we know, this game is a sim-city clone with Commodore 64 style graphics. Sure, it's probably not, but without a single frame of anything from the game, we dont know.

Yes, that would be the most logical thing to think. Silly me.

The tech demo was amazing, who cares about the launch trailer?

I liked the teaser, the color scheme was great and there's no reason to show any footage when all the teaser's purpose is to announce that the game is being made. That's all. This isn't a "Teaser to get you teh excited for teh awesome game" It's just a teaser to say "Hey, we're making this game, look out for more info"

But we already knew they were making the game. We've known since the first one came out.

Heres what we know based on Magazine interviews and various websites

Gears of War 2 is set to be a Prequel leading us through the events that lead up to Marcus' incarceration in a military prison

Microsoft have always said the GoW was a base line for what they can do and any other GoW games after would be huge in comparison and hit limits on the console that no other had ever achieved.

In the trailer we hear someone say 'If something happens to me, take care of Maria' Now is this Marcus before he goes to prison? or someone else working with Marcus? this much we dont know yet but im sure more will be revealed.

The trailer is amazing and all in all this is set to be a brilliant game.

GoW had a terrible story. It was an extended courier mission, I didnt give a crap about any of the characters on either side, and it gave no background on anything beyond "OMG! MOLE-MEN!"

Nah the story line was great....a few extra bits were thrown in like Cole's history, Marcus was prisoned for something, Where Marcus used to live,His dad was a mercenary, The characteres were likable and the single player was brilliant.

I think what they should do for a sequel/prequel is make the co-op mission upto 4 players. That way the fun will never end just like Halo 3.

It's not a prequel. This is taken from Xbox.com

Gears of War 2 continues the story of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad, locked in an increasingly desperate battle against the nightmarish Locust Horde for the survival of humanity. Gears of War 2 is an larger-than-life saga of survival, loss, and retribution.

Microsoft have lied to me....

Im going to go cry now.

Hang on if its a saga then they could make it a prequel and make number 3 a sequel to number 1.

Thats what id do anyhoo

Microsoft have lied to me....

Im going to go cry now.

Hang on if its a saga then they could make it a prequel and make number 3 a sequel to number 1.

Thats what id do anyhoo

Well, it's been said that the movie will be a prequel. That's only a rumor but it would be interesting.

Of course Gears 2 will be a sequel, just like Halo.
And just like Halo, i can see a prequel happening in the future, just like Halo Wars.
The only difference is that Gears 2 will have flashbacks, something that Halo never did.

BTW, the idea of making it a multiplayer game only is horrible.
I prefer a great single player game, than a great multiplayer any day of the week.
I like MP like any other, but a can only endure shooting people left to right and pick put flags for so long, so, imo, MP became old really fast.

Single Player is much better than playing virtual paintball :o

But we already knew they were making the game. We've known since the first one came out.

But it hasn't been official with a release date. That's what an announcement trailer is for.

Isildur´s Heir;14147762 said:
We didn´t assumed, we all knew.
When Gears of War was released, the word was that it was going to be a trilogy

No, we didnt know, Epic knew. No one was 100% certain that a second one would be made. They just now announced that Gears of War 2 was in development. I mean if we all had to place a bet, im sure we all would have placed our bet that GoW2 WOULD be made.

People underestimate the GoW storyline...We barely know anything!!!

Like that female voice we hear at the end.....The storyline could be made to be amazing if they want to and give a bit more back story on characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"