Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Han Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems cool enough. He looks nothing like Harrison Ford but that's ok.

Good choice, I'm happy for him. Physical resemblance is less important than capturing the spirit of the character as played by Ford. Hopefully this guy can do that. I've never been completely on board with this movie but there is a strong team behind it that gives me hope.

Ehh I think he has some of the look. But that really is the least important thing. It's more of the characterization that counts. Just like the ST09/STID the characters (most of them) did not look like their counterparts, but they sure did feel like them on screen.

I like the casting choice. I think he'll do fine. He's was great in Hail, Caesar.

He was one of my least fav choices on the short list but I trust all involved to get this casting right, if they think he is the best one for the role then I trust their instincts. Afterall I didn't see the auditions so what do I know?

He still looks creepy as hell to me.

He's got a close enough look and he's a solid actor. Seems promising.

That's your response?! lol

Welllll.....

giphy.gif

Eh, I don't think I'd be happy on paper with anyone they picked, so I'm just giving this the benefit of the doubt until we get footage of him.

I would have been super happy with Taron Egerton because he is a good actor and hot but I'll give Ehrenreich a shot.
I didn't say I wasn't giving him a shot. But he has to stop looking creepy. :cwink:

He looks like Jack Nicholson in his crazed look in every image I have seen of him. :funny:

Not my fault you watched an all time great trailer, with some of the best Star Wars imagery ever, and then responded with lunacy.

Hey don't hold it against me. I mean, what can I say?

*becomes expressionless, adopts a bored voice*

"I rebel."

:o

Ehrenreich was my least favorite option on the list, but oh well. He'll get the benefit of the doubt from me.

I'm still pretty "Eh..." on the whole concept of this movie, outside the people behind it. So, I too am in wait and see mode. The guy looks fine to me, I suppose... I was hoping they'd cast younger, though, so he'd clearly "19-23 year old Han" and Ford would remain "31+ year old Han"... But oh well.

He looks exactly like Han Solo!!!!! my hype for this movie is gone from zero to hype. can't wait!!!!

not

I’m glad with the casting, I’ve heard good things about him, and I guess more than anything I trust Lord and Miller to do the right thing. There are multiple reasons to be excited for me.

1. The Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Cripsin. Honestly some of the best of the old Legends EU. I know the Thrawn Trilogy gets more attention but her trilogy about the old smuggler was just amazing, and showed how deep and intriguing the character of Han was/is. Though of course they will not pull directly from those books, it shows the great potential of a younger Han Solo story, and really showing a different aspect of him that fits his character.

2. Lord/Miller-these two are just great directors, and with Han being darkly humorous himself you know they will nail things like that. I just really am excited about them at the helm.

3. Most importantly to me is Kasdan. I think the man understand and is the voice of Han Solo (in terms of writing) than anyone else. I remember with TFA I was afraid how they would handle Han in the film, and again Kasdan delivered the perfect Han. So I think he gets what makes the character tick and will give him an interesting back drop.

I understand why some are hesitant about this film, but years ago when I read the Han Solo trilogy it really made me excited for the potential in a film such as that. I think as it draws closer many will be happy about it

That is for damn sure. :funny:

I wanted someone more like River Phoenix. :csad: I thought this was young Han Solo? This guy looks mid-30s like me... but he's short. I guess he has that going for him. The hair and makeup people can work some magic I guess too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"