Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
She also loved civil war. Don't see how her opinion is any less valid.
It's less valid because she claimed there was a conspiracy causing bad reviews for Batman v Superman. She said Disney was paying off critics to give good reviews to Marvel and bad reviews for Batman v Superman. She claimed she had evidence and proof and never produced any.

Nice review, TheVileOne! Yours and THR are the only ones I've read, I've just been skimming scores otherwise.

It's less valid because she claimed there was a conspiracy causing bad reviews for Batman v Superman. She said Disney was paying off critics to give good reviews to Marvel and bad reviews for Batman v Superman. She claimed she had evidence and proof and never produced any.

I'm aware of that but that's a separate issue which has no bearing on actually liking a film. She liked BvS, so what, there are many people who also liked it. She vehemently hates suicide squad so again, it doesn't explain her opinion on a movie being less valid.

She said she had proof? :lmao:

TheVileOne,

Great review! Without going into spoilers, could you please answer me on how much screen time Vader has and whether he is utilized well?

Thank you!

Will have to just say wait and see.

Krennic's a decent villain, but he didn't really blow me away. He's not as good as the Imperial villains on Rebels.

Does Jones sound exactly the way he does on "Rebels" or do they attempt to alter his voice differently with other filters?

A non-spoiler review...

[YT]hfyCol7UbRU[/YT]

I just want to know if we get any Rebels Easter eggs aside from The Ghost in that shot.

Sounds better on Rebels. He did sound different.

I dont like his Rebels voice. It does the job, but I dont particularly like it. If it sounds worse in Rebels that is a big disappointment.

I dont like his Rebels voice. It does the job, but I dont particularly like it. If it sounds worse in Rebels that is a big disappointment.
Right there with you Marv. It doesn't really even sound like him. What is a bit annoying here is you could easily get someone who can do the Vader voice, in all its glory.

John Campea shares five moments from the trailers that are NOT in the final cut of the film:

[YT]6OpPPlN5FVo[/YT]

I'm glad first three are not in the movie. Other two - hard to judge without context.

John Campea shares five moments from the trailers that are NOT in the final cut of the film:

[YT]6OpPPlN5FVo[/YT]

None of those disappoint me except for the TIE Fighter shot. That was one of the shots that stuck out to me and was actually one of the first things I thought of when Rogue One was brought up recently.

[YT]6OpPPlN5FVo[/YT]

:dry: Really irks me that those moments were cut. I liked all of them.

Is it just me or does it seem like its becoming moe common for trailers and marketing to use footage and lines not in the final film. I know its always happened occassionally, but it seems like its becoming more frequent. Is it actually becoming more common?

There is a lot of stuff in the trailers not in the movie.

:dry: Really irks me that those moments were cut. I liked all of them.

Is it just me or does it seem like its becoming moe common for trailers and marketing to use footage and lines not in the final film. I know its always happened occassionally, but it seems like its becoming more frequent. Is it actually becoming more common?
Nope. Go check out old trailers and you will see it has always been common. Trailers are made for movies in production, and the stuff that can't be cut almost never makes the trailers. Because spoilers.

Yet another Nostalgia Wars movie having to rely on old tricks and nostalgia to gather any positive criticism

Ah.

4xSUWUb.gif
Someone seems upset their RT score ain't all that close anymore. :oldrazz:

A non-spoiler review...

[YT]hfyCol7UbRU[/YT]

Thanks, Will give this a watch, Dave gave another non spoilery review on Periscope this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"