The Rise of Skywalker General Star Wars Episode IX News/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stripe on Han's pants was a Corellian Blood Stripe. They are given for gallantry.

ZJ6AYXv.jpg

I hope we see some new interesting planets. I know they don't want to use too much CGI but normal earth looking planets can be a little bit boring. Prequels had good looking planets.

Off topic, but was it ever explained why Han's blood stripes were yellow in RotJ instead of red?

Does anyone else find it odd that a Star Wars production, a J.J. Abrams Star Wars production at that, doesn't have a closed set to prevent photos like this? I would understand if it was a Marvel movie since they're always filming on the streets of Atlanta where set photos are inevitable, but this looks like a random open field in England that could be easily secured by crew and security. I know that The Last Jedi had a few leaked photos from set as well, but Abrams is all about secrecy.

Does anyone else find it odd that a Star Wars production, a J.J. Abrams Star Wars production at that, doesn't have a closed set to prevent photos like this? I would understand if it was a Marvel movie since they're always filming on the streets of Atlanta where set photos are inevitable, but this looks like a random open field in England that could be easily secured by crew and security. I know that The Last Jedi had a few leaked photos from set as well, but Abrams is all about secrecy.
This is a part of filming on location. You can't prevent people from filming you with drones or from like a mile away. It is why location filming for TFA leaked as well.

This is a part of filming on location. You can't prevent people from filming you with drones or from like a mile away. It is why location filming for TFA leaked as well.

Security's slacking these days. That wouldn't happen when George Lucas was in charge. He'd personally hunt down and destroy anyone who leaked footage. :o

Yeah, Drizzle, they just do more location shooting with these than Marvel with their hard-on for greenscreen . I suppose sure, they could secure it better, but set pics just about always tend to leak for big movies shooting outdoors, these scoopers are crafty. Happens.

Yeah, Drizzle, they just do more location shooting with these than Marvel with their hard-on for greenscreen . I suppose sure, they could secure it better, but set pics just about always tend to leak for big movies shooting outdoors, these scoopers are crafty. Happens.

The ratio of practical sets to greenscreen is probably exactly the same for Star Wars as it is for Marvel. Marvel does do a lot of on location shoots. They shot the post credits scene of Infinity War in Atlanta and photos from that leaked online. But that's more understandable considering it's the middle of a city and much easier for discreet photos to be taken. Just found it funny, is all.

Security's slacking these days. That wouldn't happen when George Lucas was in charge. He'd personally hunt down and destroy anyone who leaked footage. :o
I just had this image of random characters Lucas has created as security on one of his sets. Capturing people taking photos and bringing them to him to deal with, Jabba style. It so goofy, I love it. :funny:

The new Abrams regime with its peaceful attitude and location shoots is clearly showing the people too much leniancy. Within its ranks should be formed a group made up of those still loyal to the Lucas Empire. A remnant if you will. To work behind the scenes to strangle this weak willed Abrams and bring his pathetic Republic to its knees. Then the restoration of the mighty Lucas Empire will begin. Once more cgi and green screen will rulllleeee the franchise...and we shall have...peace.

Last edited:
As a stuffy aristocratic type who’s help the resistance needs and who must learn to look past his self-center-ness?

An inkling: maybe a MoCap character?

I'm really digging the new casting so far. Welcome aboard Matt Smith.

Him, Monaghan or Russel smell Knights of Ren, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"