The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if any Kaleesh will be in the movie. Love to see more on my favorite character's species. :p

I wonder if any Kaleesh will be in the movie. Love to see more on my favorite character's species. :p

It would awesome to see more Kaleesh in live-action form. I used to be quite a advocate of Grievous and the CIS...the Republic was boring :p.

So far; in terms of "Critical Reception", the last Disney Live Action film to have been received pretty well and that was created on a big scale basis was the first Pirates film.

Since then, all of their live action grand scale attempts (as far as I can recall): The rest of the Pirates films, John Carter, Prince of Persia, and The Three Musketeers, have really showcased some of the worst forms of storytelling and critical reception that I've seen in awhile.

I have no doubt that Star Wars will make a lot of money at the BO since the brand pretty much sells itself at this point; it's the quality of the story that I'm worried about since we haven't really gotten a critically acclaimed film from both fans and the GA for a long time.

So far; in terms of "Critical Reception", the last Disney Live Action film to have been received pretty well and that was created on a big scale basis was the first Pirates film.

Since then, all of their live action grand scale attempts (as far as I can recall): The rest of the Pirates films, John Carter, Prince of Persia, and The Three Musketeers, have really showcased some of the worst forms of storytelling and critical reception that I've seen in awhile.

I have no doubt that Star Wars will make a lot of money at the BO since the brand pretty much sells itself at this point; it's the quality of the story that I'm worried about since we haven't really gotten a critically acclaimed film from both fans and the GA for a long time.

Uh are you forgetting Avengers? Disney owns Marvel and Lucasfilm and its future projects are being handled in the same way. Disney will distribute and oversee the project the same as they did the Avengers. That was a critically and financially praised film so I think we are in perfectly good hands.

Last edited:
It seems to me all four Pirates movies get a pretty decent reception, screw the critics I say! I love all four Pirates, Prince of Persia, John Carter, but I'm not sure what Three Musketeers Disney has done that wasn't the animated one starring Mickey Mouse...

It seems to me all four Pirates movies get a pretty decent reception, screw the critics I say! I love all four Pirates, Prince of Persia, John Carter, but I'm not sure what Three Musketeers Disney has done that wasn't the animated one starring Mickey Mouse...

Have you not seen the live action one with Charlie Sheen? Tho critics be damned I love that film. Seems random to mention that film. Disney has distributed and financed many good live action movies in the last decade.

Have you not seen the live action one with Charlie Sheen? Tho critics be damned I love that film. Seems random to mention that film. Disney has distributed and financed many good live action movies in the last decade.

Oh snap I forgot Disney did that one! That film was about 20 years ago wasn't it? I do remember enjoying it I only saw it one time...

Disney has really improved in their live-action area.

Oh snap I forgot Disney did that one! That film was about 20 years ago wasn't it? I do remember enjoying it I only saw it one time...

Disney has really improved in their live-action area.

Agreed. Disney's executives have a pulse on people's tastes - or at least have hired and are heeding the advice of people who do. At this point, Disney really should just be granted permission to print their own money as it seems a tad bit less hassle for the same result.

Sure, it's not quite the levels of Michael Bay alchemy of turning crap into gold, but at least there's substance to it and you don't feel like your IQ has dropped by half by the end of the show.

Happy new year, Star Wars fans! Hopefully 2013 will bring us great news and more info in the upcoming movies. May the Force be with us all :woot:

Here's hoping to a great Star Wars movie.

Love your signature by the way, Bim. What I'd give to see Kiefer Sutherland in Star Wars.

6UyKx.gif
AEczi.gif

gtua4.gif
Mf0hW.gif

5OPrX.gif
hFK9g.gif

God, Anakin was such a puss...

Obi-wan: "If you jump I will cut your **** off."

*Anikan jumps*

*Gets **** cut right the **** off*

Anikan: "Ahhhhhhh my power!!!!!"

Last edited:

Actually thought he wasn't bad. My main problem was with that Lloyd kid from the first one and next time we see Anakin the leap in character was just ridiculous. How'd he go from innocent infant to frustrated teen prodigy full of hate was just too much of a leap of faith for the audience to connect to. Was also a bit unconvinced how he just suddenly accepted being called Darth Vadar and was OK to wipe little Jedi kids so easily. That was again too big a leap in the character, but I didn't have an issue with Hayden Christensen at all.
OK off topic.

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher look awful these days, so unless they get the personal trainers out and knock off 40kg's the film will look stupid (look at that Marion from the last Indiana Jones film. Came back old and fat and looked just out of place).

She's actually aged quite gracefully, imo. Karen Allen, that is (Marion).

Well, while I didn't agree with some of Anakin's random actions in Episode III i really liked him in Episode II. Might be crazy, but I could see the character who would eventually be Vader...Episode III was kinda a different Anakin...I dunno.

Obi-wan: "If you jump I will cut your **** off."

*Anikan jumps*

*Gets **** cut right the **** off*

Anikan: "Ahhhhhhh my power!!!!!"

Yeah, not to smart lol!

She's actually aged quite gracefully, imo. Karen Allen, that is (Marion).

I think so, old AND fat? I don't think so.

Actually thought he wasn't bad. My main problem was with that Lloyd kid from the first one and next time we see Anakin the leap in character was just ridiculous. How'd he go from innocent infant to frustrated teen prodigy full of hate was just too much of a leap of faith for the audience to connect to. Was also a bit unconvinced how he just suddenly accepted being called Darth Vadar and was OK to wipe little Jedi kids so easily. That was again too big a leap in the character, but I didn't have an issue with Hayden Christensen at all.
OK off topic.

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher look awful these days, so unless they get the personal trainers out and knock off 40kg's the film will look stupid (look at that Marion from the last Indiana Jones film. Came back old and fat and looked just out of place).

Agree, George Lucas inability to write or direct also hampered all that as well.

Karen Allen definitely was NOT fat in KOCS. She wasn't as skinny as she was in Raiders, but that's to be expected since that was over 30 years ago.

OK off topic.

I think Attack of the Clones should of had Anakin more like his child version. Jedi are perfect and together we will make the universe a better place. Then later on with his mother he gets down but still doesn't show much hate. Then in Revenge of the Sith they have enough bad things happen to him, where he finally admits trying to be a good person doesn't cut it.

It shoulddn't particularly matter how much the original cast has aged IF:

a) The amount of instory time that has past is unreasonable and
b) if their roles are not significant

Extra points if she isn't human. :o:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members