• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Getting impatient...

I dont think that they will.

WB is not going to do that

I don't think they will either. But, i don't think it would be creepy, well at least no more creepy than watching the movie when it comes out.

They might do something with the phones when we get closer to the release date and people feel a little better with seeing Heath on the screen and hearing his voice too

Yeah. By March (or July at most) everyone will have accepted Heath's passing and be more open to his last film. The virals may get bolder too. Just a matter of time.

A month ago I would have thought that Heath's voice from the phone would have been the coolest thing ever, but now I just think it would be creepy and I hope they don't do it. :(

I see what you're saying but I think in the case of "I believe..." and other lines from the trailer/prologue, it wouldn't be creepy to me because we've already heard them (and before he died). It's also best to just think of the Joker the character, not Heath the actor behind the Joker. Try to separate the two and it'll be a lot easier.

New lines wouldn't creep me out either. Not really. It would maybe be a little strange at first but not something I couldn't overcome. It's the Joker speaking after all, first and foremost. Try to not think of him as Heath.

I see what you're saying but I think in the case of "I believe..." and other lines from the trailer/prologue, it wouldn't be creepy to me because we've already heard them (and before he died). It's also best to just think of the Joker the character, not Heath the actor behind the Joker. Try to separate the two and it'll be a lot easier.

New lines wouldn't creep me out either. Not really. It would maybe be a little strange at first but not something I couldn't overcome. It's the Joker speaking after all, first and foremost. Try to not think of him as Heath.

Yeah, I try not to, but he only died about a week ago. It's going to be hard to separate (at least for me) for a while, I think.

Not I, I never really saw the Joker as Heath performing as the Joker, just as the Joker.

Yeah, I try not to, but he only died about a week ago. It's going to be hard to separate (at least for me) for a while, I think.

Yeah. *sigh* I know and trust me, I'm one of those people who've taken it really badly, I'd say worse than most of the people on this board, I'm not ashamed to admit (there is no shame in it). I've been feeling absolutely terrible.

It'll get better with time and the ache will go away. The Joker should be celebrated, I want to root for him and get excited about him when the movie premieres. By that time I'll be feeling a lot better about Heath's passing and will be able to enjoy the movie to the fullest.

It would be so exciting to receive something from the Joker through the virals again, be it a phone call or a text message or an email... IMO fans can take it, even more so in a few weeks from now on when things have cooled down a bit. It'll get better, so hang in there!

It would be cool if they got Bale to record a message for the phone.

maybe have Batman say something like "I know you got this from the Joker, how do you get in touch with him, TELL ME!" then that would start a new viral game, one where we're SOB's instead of Joker goons.

Warner Bros. insists that director Christopher Nolan got what he needed while filming.
So will they need it?

Warner could use a voice artist if needed—and there are rumors that the studio will do that. If so, the studio's denials would be understandable: Warner wouldn't want the public to be listening for variations in the voice when the movie is released.

And is ignorance bliss?

Yeah. *sigh* I know and trust me, I'm one of those people who've taken it really badly, I'd say worse than most of the people on this board, I'm not ashamed to admit (there is no shame in it). I've been feeling absolutely terrible.

It'll get better with time and the ache will go away. The Joker should be celebrated, I want to root for him and get excited about him when the movie premieres. By that time I'll be feeling a lot better about Heath's passing and will be able to enjoy the movie to the fullest.

It would be so exciting to receive something from the Joker through the virals again, be it a phone call or a text message or an email... IMO fans can take it, even more so in a few weeks from now on when things have cooled down a bit. It'll get better, so hang in there!

Yeah, I totally understand. I took his death pretty hard, too, but by the time TDK comes around, I am going to go to the premiere in my Harley suit and pour one out for him.

At least if they bring the virals back, I think it will make it easier to get over this. Right now we're kind of in a stasis and the only thing we can think about is Heath's death... if they bring the virals back soon, it will offer us all the best chance to move on.

You hang in there, too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"