• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Ghost Rider at Comic-Con!!

HOLY SHEEPDIP! thats awesome!!!
that has to be just a pciture right and not film footage? MSJ already said they didnt have footage of GR ready yet....but damn that looks freaking cool.

that might actually be a poster judging from the image in the background behind the table....maybe the teaser poster
 
as reported by SHH...Avi Arad was there afterall. that 2 person interview w/ MSJ and Eva was probably right before the main Q&A.
they did have footage it seems! but damn...its only exclusive to the con :mad:
maybe somone was able to sneak a video camera in there...heh

i dig the idea that Blackheart and the other demons were once angels that were banished to Earth (as what demons should be)....would have liked to have seen Fonda and Bentley in character though. no shots of GR naturally...but at least we know he can travel to up at least 999mph! :D

there must be more to it than that....i cant believe that Arad wouldnt push the project like he has w/ other Marvel films. i guess we will find out soon in a few days...
 
MarvelMovies said:
Who just pooped their pants?

*Raises Hand*

You would too if you saw this...

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/i...Comic_Con_2005&image=comiccon131.jpg&img=&tt=

OMG!!!!

comiccon013qq.jpg


Hollowed out eye sockets from Hell and all!!

*spit take*

Jesus:eek:
 
*Heart attack*
*defibrillator*
"Fifty! Free!"
*Z-ZOT!!*
Hhhung....aw...some!
The wheel! That wheel is sanity dangerous level cool! They are evolving them as circling "filament cloud" flame like...like...Jupiter gas storms!
*starts to tremble*
And the eyes of the bike....pure eviiiiiil light!
And GR eyes seems shutted offf!They are black! Mephisto bless them!(err...)
Ahd the head flame also seems more worked on...
The only little problem is the absence of fire reflections on the bike...it's the only thing that make the picture not so real...
 
Ho... lee... CRAP!!

*Cries at the beauty of GR*

seriously, though, that pic is awesome, it's like a mix of flame, metal, and badassness, with just a touch of "Oh my god, I just wet myself" :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
 
Very nice. :)
It's good to have an official visual with the hollow sockets. :)
 
Jspider13 said:
Hrum....i've just noticed that the back wheel cover goes a lot down here....
I hope this doesn't means that the bike cannot or doesn't go one wheel in the movie... But the vertebral spine/chain look it's great! Also the clapping-on-the-gastank arms here seems made of bone, in the set pictures and the old 'cycle poster they seemed metal made.
 
Yikes!Teaser reports from SHH home!
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3304

"It starts out showing Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze preparing to jump a line of trucks on a motorcycle at a football field. Intercut with it are scenes of Mendes interviewing Blaze before the stunt for TV. Then, of course, things turn dark. We see various shots of Peter Fonda as Mephisto, Wes Bentley as Black Heart, and a variety of other bad guys with sharp teeth. Sam Elliot is also shown mentoring Johnny Blaze. In one amusing scene, Elliot asks Blaze if he's alright. Blaze responds, "I'm fine but I feel like my skull's on fire." That line got laughs from the audience. Other memorable scenes include a shot of Johnny stumbling along as fire seems form on his feet. The teaser concludes with a shot of a motorcycle cop clocking with a radar gun at the Texas state line. As Ghost Rider approaches, the radar clocks him at 999 mph, then the cop is blown away as the Spirit of Vengeance passes. Ghost Rider himself was never really shown and a brief glimpse given amid a bunch of quick shots was just test footage used for this temporary teaser.

Johnson followed the teaser with a Q&A with Mendes and Arad. He mentioned that they wrapped shooting a few weeks ago. Talking about the Ghost Rider's abilities, he said he will fight with a chain, a hellfire gun, his Penance Stare, and more. He also mentioned that Ghost Rider's flames change with his emotions. When he's enraged, it blazes white hot like a "mane" on him. When he's sad, it is toned down and turns blue. The fire certainly sounds like it reflects the character. As the talk progressed, a young fan asked where they got their cool Ghost Rider hats. Mendes responded by giving the kid her own hat. (Johnson then joked that the rest of the fans would be admiring the rest of her wardrobe hoping to get her to take it off and give it to them.)

Johnson mentioned that Black Heart is the main villain and he's a rebel angel that was thrown out of heaven along with the Devil. For this story, the lore is that rebel angels fell all over the earth when cast out of heaven, now they are 'elemental demons'. It is Ghost Rider, as the bounty hunter for the Devil, who rounds up these rogue demons. Another young fan admired Eva Mendes and asked about her character's name. Mendes said she nicknamed the character 'Roxy' to which the kid responded that Roxy was 'foxy'. Mendes laughed and told him to come back in 10 years. Johnson, when asked what Ghost Rider's wheels would be like, responded that they would be solid wheels covered in fire rather than pure flames like in the comic. The solid wheels gave the bike more weight while the purely flame wheels made it look like the bike was floating."


The cop's radar gun gag s really a great GRII style dark humour!And the Caretaker gag too!
And here we got the first infos on BH...fallen angel look? It could work, indeed...i can see Wes as a fallen angel, and aren't spikes similar to feathers burned/darkened? Very interesting take...
*imagines a "Whiteheart" all white and fluffy.."
LoL :D
 
I really want to know what Blackheart and Mephisto are going to look like.....i hope they are not f**ked up to bad....but im sure they will be
 
I dunno, Mephisto seems to be regarded with great respect, after all he is the Devil of Marvel universe...probably we can espect more alterations on BH... but this part "Johnson mentioned that Black Heart is the main villain and he's a rebel angel that was thrown out of heaven along with the Devil. For this story, the lore is that rebel angels fell all over the earth when cast out of heaven, now they are 'elemental demons'." really intrigues me...
BH in the comics had always that revenge(against Meph)/destiny/sadness(because he's always been a puppet of his father) characterization i think could be switched well to God in this way in the movie..
 
MarvelMovies said:
Who just pooped their pants?

*Raises Hand*

You would too if you saw this...

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/i...Comic_Con_2005&image=comiccon131.jpg&img=&tt=

OMG!!!!

comiccon013qq.jpg


Hollowed out eye sockets from Hell and all!!

I'm just cleanin' out my pants now MM....

Many that pic is completly awesome. It's everything would could have asked for in a teaser image. My hype has just exploaded into ludicrous speed.

BIGGUN said:
HOLY SHEEPDIP! thats awesome!!!
that has to be just a pciture right and not film footage? MSJ already said they didnt have footage of GR ready yet....but damn that looks freaking cool.

that might actually be a poster judging from the image in the background behind the table....maybe the teaser poster

If it is a teaser poster... I hope they release it us very soon. I high res pic of that pic would be a nice addition to my pic collection... and something for the wallpaper people to use.
 
I can't wait to see Ghost Rider , I believe Nick Cage is going to be a badass as Johnny Blaze. And with Eva Mendes (The hot sexy babe) in this movie, I'm not going to miss this movie, First day, I'm seeing this movie first Day.
 
compi716 said:
Superhero Hype! also recieved this new high-res version of the teaser image (complete with logo).

tease.jpg

The Poster is out of this world. The Logo need's a little work on it, but other than that Cage looks Awesome as Blaze. :ghost:
 
BIGGUN said:
as reported by SHH...Avi Arad was there afterall. that 2 person interview w/ MSJ and Eva was probably right before the main Q&A.
they did have footage it seems! but damn...its only exclusive to the con :mad:
maybe somone was able to sneak a video camera in there...heh

i dig the idea that Blackheart and the other demons were once angels that were banished to Earth (as what demons should be)....would have liked to have seen Fonda and Bentley in character though. no shots of GR naturally...but at least we know he can travel to up at least 999mph! :D

there must be more to it than that....i cant believe that Arad wouldnt push the project like he has w/ other Marvel films. i guess we will find out soon in a few days...

I'm with you on likeing the fallen angels thing. That's such a fantasitic idea and will work very well on screen. Nice touch. I do hope to hear more about how the baddies are gonna look though. All that was mentioned is 'sharp teeth' which is dissapointing because all I think is Vampire when I hear that.

999mph. That's awesome. Very awesome.
 
BIGGUN said:
y...but at least we know he can travel to up at least 999mph! :D
Wait a minute, 999mph are obviously only the radar gun limits....
O_O
 
I enjoyed the audio interview with MSJ and Eva,both sounded friendly and enthusiastic.I don't know my GR history as well as many but i really like MSJ's vision for this movie,from fallen angels to the devils bounty hunter,it all sounds great IMO and the VFX sound like they are going to be amazing


4d31dh.gif


this new pic is stunning:eek: :up: is it a new poster or a shot from the movie ?
 
It seems it is a poster/sample of cgi...
Oh, i've just noticed the pointed boot:)
 
Ok guys, I've said this once and I'll say it again... I was never a fan of GR, heck I don't even know that much about the character, but OH MY GOD THAT ROCKS !
Opening night I'm there!
 
InVictus said:
The teaser concludes with a shot of a motorcycle cop clocking with a radar gun at the Texas state line. As Ghost Rider approaches, the radar clocks him at 999 mph, then the cop is blown away as the Spirit of Vengeance passes. Ghost Rider himself was never really shown and a brief glimpse given amid a bunch of quick shots was just test footage used for this temporary teaser.

The problem with movies is they need to really tie things in.. the radar gun should have clocked the MPH at 666 being the nature of the ghost rider...
Do I have to edit everything? :)

:ghost:

HM
 
hellfiremaster said:
The problem with movies is they need to really tie things in.. the radar gun should have clocked the MPH at 666 being the nature of the ghost rider...
Do I have to edit everything? :)

:ghost:

HM

There was a picture someone took and posted on here a while back and I was the only one that caught that the building in the background had the address 999. And what is that upside down, kiddies? So don't worry. MSJ is very good at doing things like that in his movie.
 
Wow looks awesome can't wait to see the film when it comes out.
 
There is one thing i still don´t get and it just sounds weird to me.

In order to save his dying father, young stunt cyclist Johnny Blaze sells his soul to Mephistopheles and sadly parts from the pure-hearted Roxanne Simpson, the love of his life. Years later, Johnny's path crosses again with Roxanne, now a gogetting reporter, and also with Mephistopheles, who offers to release Johnny's soul if Johnny becomes the fabled, fiery Ghost Rider, a supernatural agent of vengeance and justice.
Mephisto is demon, that means he is evil; but he makes a deal with Johnny Blaze for him to be the Ghost Rider, a supernatural agent of vengeance and justice?
JUSTICE?????
Mephisto is about Chaos, not justice.
To say that Mephisto "made" an agent for justice, is the same as to say an angel made an agent for torment.

But i do like "the fabled Ghost Rider" angle, because i would make exactly the same thing, to make GR to be fabled, in the likes of Jack Palance´s "Believe it or not".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"