Godzilla Minus One

Oh nice. Can’t wait until we learn more about it.

Hope it can go back to the more fun of the Millenium series, and less political like Shin.

But with it set after World War, it seems unlikely, though...haha.

It being a period piece is an interesting twist, at least visually.

Getting Alien 3 vibes from that announcement poster.

41JDGPK1VML._AC_SY580_.jpg

There were rumors a while back of Toho developing a new kaiju movie set after WW2, so it's nice to see it being confirmed as a Godzilla movie. A part of me hopes it's closer in tone with the original 1954 film because as much as I liked Shin Godzilla, it delved a bit too much into the political satire for my taste.

A full on horror akin to Gojira, with a Covid allegory mixed in a post WW2 setting would be great.
Now that think about it, focusing on Godzilla's radiation effects on people would be something terrific to explore again. It always bugged me that the concept was forgotten after the first movie. They could even have it sort of be like the Chernobyl mini-series.

Another note I'd like to add from my previous post is that, as much I still think Godzilla 2014 is an underrated movie (as well as mostly enjoying the rest of the Monsterverse), it never fully committed to the seriousness of its initial trailers. Especially with that concept trailer featuring the Oppenheimer speech, that gave promise to a movie that ultimately never came to be and I'm still bummed about that.

Love the logo. Excited to see what they do with a period piece.

Maybe this one will make Godzilla the villain again.
I want him intelligent and out for revenge on humanity.
City after city around the world is destroyed.

And This is prolly too sci fi but I'd love something like a jet jaguar or even an ancient giant robot is found ( not mecha godzilla, think shogun warriors ) and a human learns to pilot it.

Not a Gojira news...but there will be a new Gamera, too in the upcoming years (it is called "Gamera Rebirth)...it will be exclusive on Netflix

Last edited:
Freaking finally. Fans have been craving a Gamera revival for more than a decade, so this makes me very happy.

F0xxvLgXgAYTTe8

“Set in a post-war Japan, Godzilla Minus One will once again show us a Godzilla that is a terrifying and overwhelming force, which you already get a sense of from the teaser trailer and poster,” said Koji Ueda, President of Toho International.

My prayers from the Oppenheimer thread have been answered. Thank you, Toho. :funny:

But seriously though, very excited for this.

Genuinely forgot that there was an earlier thread for this (and that I posted on it a long while ago). Apologies. :whoops:

I had no idea this was coming, but I am so hyped for this!

I had no idea this was coming, but I am so hyped for this!
Me neither and same! Just hope it gets an actual release and I don’t have to drive 3 hours to the one theater in the Midwest showing it.

Toho, can you please give us european kaiju fans one break for this movie, please? If this is getting a nationwide release in the US, I'm hoping against hope that the same happens here in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"