Godzilla vs Kong (2021)

You can definitely tell they cut out some character development for Ren Serizawa since they still kept that scene of him looking at Godzilla with a determined look when he rises out of the water in Pensacola.

Yes I got the sense from that beat as well. That Ren Serizawa had a personal vendetta against Godzilla. He blames Godzilla for his father's death and for his father's obsession with finding him. But that was the most visual character development we ever got out of Godzilla in the film.

Another thing that also wildly doesn't make sense is Godzilla shooting flames into the core and it so happens to be where Kong is. I feel like originally it was supposed to be something else that Goji was doing and the Kong team gets out a different way cause thats really the only thing that even I thought was stupid as bad place.

Another thing that also wildly doesn't make sense is Godzilla shooting flames into the core and it so happens to be where Kong is. I feel like originally it was supposed to be something else that Goji was doing and the Kong team gets out a different way cause thats really the only thing that even I thought was stupid as bad place.

Ehh, worth it for them screaming at each other through the earth. Loved that bit.

Ehh, worth it for them screaming at each other through the earth. Loved that bit.

Yeah this and also Godzilla seemed to suddenly stop what he was doing before he blew the hole into Hollow Earth like he senses Kong there.

You can definitely tell they cut out some character development for Ren Serizawa since they still kept that scene of him looking at Godzilla with a determined look when he rises out of the water in Pensacola.
The pieces were right there to actually make him an interesting character. But if they truly cut out what were to be some scenes developing him, then no wonder the human element in these movies is mostly just meh.

Last edited:
The pieces were right there to actually make him an interesting character. But if they truly cut out what to be some scenes developing him, then no wonder the human element in these movies is mostly just meh.

All it would have taken is a quick line if dialogue explaining he hated Godzilla because his father was obsessed with him or something.

Yeah this and also Godzilla seemed to suddenly stop what he was doing before he blew the hole into Hollow Earth like he senses Kong there.

Seemed like when Kong placed the axe, it somehow alerted Godzilla that something was down there. "Welp, I better blow a hole down there and hopefully they come out since I can't fit."

By the way, you think they'll do tours of the hole down to Hollow Earth or will they fill it with some quick set concrete?

Seemed like when Kong placed the axe, it somehow alerted Godzilla that something was down there. "Welp, I better blow a hole down there and hopefully they come out since I can't fit."

By the way, you think they'll do tours of the hole down to Hollow Earth or will they fill it with some quick set concrete?

Oh yeah, tours are coming. Welcome to Jurassic Underworld!

I love how sound can travel perfectly through thousands of miles of rock

ActualColossalIchidna-small.gif

I loved the part when that flying monster came at Skarsgard and Hall in the hollow earth and the only thing he could think to do was throw a rock at it. I remember thinking, okay, this guy is supposedly a genius; he’ll come up with some effective way to subdue the beast until Kong can save them. But that was the best he could come up with. I know some people didn’t like Hiddleston and Larson in Skull Island, but at least they were more effective than that, lol.

Also, it was pretty lazy writing to have them jumpstart Kong when the humans essentially did the same thing with Godzilla in KOTM.

None of this ruined the movie or anything but it’s just some stuff I noticed.

I loved the part when that flying monster came at Skarsgard and Hall in the hollow earth and the only thing he could think to do was throw a rock at it. I remember thinking, okay, this guy is supposedly a genius; he’ll come up with some effective way to subdue the beast until Kong can save them. But that was the best he could come up with. I know some people didn’t like Hiddleston and Larson in Skull Island, but at least they were more effective than that, lol.

Also, it was pretty lazy writing to have them jumpstart Kong when the humans essentially did the same thing with Godzilla in KOTM.

None of this ruined the movie or anything but it’s just some stuff I noticed.
He was supposed to have this leading man heroic look but in reality was completely out of his element, is how Skarsgard put it.

Any box office update on this is doing/projection for this weekend?

Yes, if you watch Godzilla’s back, his fins on his back begin to glow and make the same noise as the axe in Hollow Earth. They are connected.

If we do get any sequels....please just cut out the most of the kids. The adults are already useless for the most part but the kids are generally even moreso. Bring in someone who is somehow connected to this ancient world, can help give us the backstory, and of course bring back my girl Mothra.

Estimates seem to be leaning toward just shy of $13 million. Not a good drop. But, I think lack of competition should still help it cross $100 million domestic.
And this is why they delayed Black Widow.

And this is why they delayed Black Widow.

Yeah, its going to be a few good months before a film can even have the possibility of a $100 mil opener. Which is "bad" for the MCU.

I do take it back, I do think a 60% drop isn't necessarily bad. For some reason, I was thinking the movie opened higher than it did.

Yeah, its going to be a few good months before a film can even have the possibility of a $100 mil opener. Which is "bad" for the MCU.

I do take it back, I do think a 60% drop isn't necessarily bad. For some reason, I was thinking the movie opened higher than it did.
So did I. I think it is the "4 day" weekend, because it opened on Easter.

If they were to go back into the bag of tricks and release an alternate ending where the other wins this would get people back out just to see how that plays out. At least that’s my prediction. People went in expecting to see one thing and got something totally different that they were not happy with. Or it could be that interest dwindled after the initial release. Either way I bet an alternate ending would get people back in the theater, but who knows

If they were to go back into the bag of tricks and release an alternate ending where the other wins this would get people back out just to see how that plays out. At least that’s my prediction. People went in expecting to see one thing and got something totally different that they were not happy with. Or it could be that interest dwindled after the initial release. Either way I bet an alternate ending would get people back in the theater, but who knows

LOL! No, definitely just the whole Global Pandemic thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"