Gogeta and Vegetto vs Thor and Gladiator

Ultra-Herald9 said:
I don't think so......

For one Gladiator is based on Silver age Superman and although he doesn't have that inane level of power, when he is confident he is truly a force to behold! For one Gladiator is one of the top fighters in the MU and on top of that he does feats that even the strongest in DBZ have never shown or would have trouble doing.

Glaidiator is known to have literally shrugged off a blast from a Supernove explosion. His heat Vision is hotter than alot of stars. He is strong enough to crush entire planets with his bare hands! And he is no slouch in the speed department either as he can travel the universe as easily as Silver Surfer can.

Then there is Thor! He is(depending on the writer) able to take sitting next to a star and he can move entire mountains with ease(and easily more)! He is a highly skilled warrior and nearly invincible when he goes into his berserk state where his physical attributes and senses are raised in ways that would humble SSJ3's. Not to mention freaking Mjolnir! I don't even think that Vegeto could take to many blows from such a powerhouse! Not to mention Thor's ability to channel his Godly force into a blast that would put most DBZ characters to shame. I heard it once sent a slightly weakened Galactus fleeing in terror!!! And don't even act like Galactus doesn't make 100% of DBZ's villians look like nothing.

I ask you to please have an open mind. Gladiator and Thor are both extremely powerful and skilled warriors who fight off Cosmic characters that have powers on par with Buu and *****. And they deal with this quite regularly.:woot:
as for the mountain comment, piccollo managed a similar feat a long way back only using his mind

mjolnir can always be physically blocked in an attack or displaced from his master.

an adult fused being undergoing a super saiyan transformation would be sufficient enough to perhaps give gladiator moments of doubt, not to mention the whole fusion dance routine and seeing that he is fighting multiple versions of the same being.

PLUS vegetto and gogeta are MUC MUCH better fighters than both gladiator and thor. spending large proportions of their lives simply training to overcome universal threats or (in vegeta's case) each other.

remember vegetto and gogeta have never been tested in battle. the limits of gladiator have been revealed as well as some of the limitations of thor (but it depends on the form he is in).

November Rain said:
as for the mountain comment, piccollo managed a similar feat a long way back only using his mind

mjolnir can always be physically blocked in an attack or displaced from his master.

an adult fused being undergoing a super saiyan transformation would be sufficient enough to perhaps give gladiator moments of doubt, not to mention the whole fusion dance routine and seeing that he is fighting multiple versions of the same bein
PLUS vegetto and gogeta are MUC MUCH better fighters than both gladiator and thor. spending large proportions of their lives simply training to overcome universal threats or (in vegeta's case) each other.

remember vegetto and gogeta have never been tested in battle. the limits of gladiator have been revealed as well as some of the limitations of thor (but it depends on the form he is in).

This is why arguing is futile arguing to DBZ fans. First of DBZ fans seriously seem to not no what a MOUNTAIN is(got any scans of Piccolo doing this in canon?) tey seem to think a big rock=a freakin mountain! Second we never see the fusions power what so ever so of course DBZ fans are automatically gonna say that the Fusions win because they are so powerful and the barely try. How about you show me some freaking feats?

Fusions are the most powerful force in the DBZ universe but that doesn't translate to other universes. The biggest threats in Dragon Ball like Buu are nothing to the threats that the average cosmic present.

Besides if this was Thor at his most powerful......he'd say a little spell which would cause the Fusion to separate then he'd make there hearts into neutron stars or something......

Like I said before this isn't really fair....we have never seen the Fusions do anything! All the fanboys will just say the Fusions could beat anyone based on nothing. I'm tired of swimming in this oozing sea of Fanboy biast.:csad: :cmad: :csad:

November Rain said:

an adult fused being undergoing a super saiyan transformation would be sufficient enough to perhaps give gladiator moments of doubt, not to mention the whole fusion dance routine and seeing that he is fighting multiple versions of the same being.

First off, you're a woman? o_O I totally figured you for a 24 year old guy with black hair and a bad beard. Guess the name just threw me off.

Anyway.

Gladiator is kind of...arrogant. He never really doubts himself. Fighting the Silver Surfer, a man known throughout the cosmos as a being capable of crumbling entire armadas with barely any effort, he has not lost his confidence, his drive to think he was better. Fighting other heralds, other severely galactic level threats. In fact, the Empress usually has him out moving meteoroids, and you can pretty much guarantee he's not all that needing of confidence at that moment in time.

However, blocking Mjolnir, removing Mjolnir, or even supressing Mjolnir isn't exactly something many people have done, or can do. Usually the removal of Mjolnir comes at points where overwhelming force WELL beyond him come into play. So it's no minor feat at all.

However, to say that they're much better fighters than Thor or Gladiator?

Gladiator lives and trains for his empire all the time. It's his life, it's what he'll live and die for. So he's not just sitting around muching on pizza.

And Thor is considered the Norse pantheons greatest fighter, living for a few thousands years, with tons of training under his belt.

I wonder if Goku can pick up Mjolnir. He has a heart so pure that he can ride nimbus among other things. I wonder if Mjolnir would consider him worthy...mm.

Sloth7d said:
I wonder if Goku can pick up Mjolnir. He has a heart so pure that he can ride nimbus among other things. I wonder if Mjolnir would consider him worthy...mm.

if the god(at the time) kami thought goku was worthy of training im sure majorie would deem him worthy as well

Hmm... Maybe, maybe not. Just because one thinks one way, doesn't mean another will follow suit.

Ultra-Herald9 said:
This is why arguing is futile arguing to DBZ fans. First of DBZ fans seriously seem to not no what a MOUNTAIN is(got any scans of Piccolo doing this in canon?) tey seem to think a big rock=a freakin mountain! Second we never see the fusions power what so ever so of course DBZ fans are automatically gonna say that the Fusions win because they are so powerful and the barely try. How about you show me some freaking feats?

Fusions are the most powerful force in the DBZ universe but that doesn't translate to other universes. The biggest threats in Dragon Ball like Buu are nothing to the threats that the average cosmic present.

Besides if this was Thor at his most powerful......he'd say a little spell which would cause the Fusion to separate then he'd make there hearts into neutron stars or something......
Well considering no limitations are being put on which forms or each character is being used (animated/anime or comic/manga), I might as well use the best references.

yeah using anime references, goku pushed apart a whole mountain while fighting kid buu, while in super saiyan form with mere ease. Picollo again did managed to lift one merely with his mind way back, even before vegeta first arrived on earth (if i remember correctly).

this isn't a manga board, it's an anime/manga board. I haven't brought in which forms of vegetto or gogeta.

how can we show you feats of a fused being when they are never trying? The fact that they don't have to try is the true measure of their abilities. The ability to put effort gives a range we can work around but handling some of the most powerful beings in their respective universes must show something.

heck, you speak of canon, is gogeta even canon, he pops up in movies and GT but not in the mainstream anime (so i doubt the mainstream comics either), so why simply stick to canon?

thor has been defeated in the past and so has gladiator, gogeta and vegetto have never been bested, heck, neither have ever broken a sweat in battle.

the last time i saw an encounter like so was in gt (although not canon) where super saiyan goku was effectively ten times stronger than bebi vegeta (who was no problem until he transferred). showing gogeta and vegetto have at least been ten times stronger than anyone they have ever fought.

so i will rationalise this with you, is there anyone within the marvel universe that has at least ten times more destructive force than janemba?

heck even then, adult fused beings are still able to go super saiyan 3 (reasoning of if the children can perform such tasks, then kids can as well) which is (by simplication) 3 times more powerful a form.

so it comes down to this, do you believe that thor or gladiator have each taken down beings that are at least 30 times more powerful than janemba

personally i think gladiator has yet to face a being who grows in power and is able to kick up a few gears like a saiyan (other than hulk who he has problems with) and i feel this is likely to distort his confidence leaving him open for a pounding.

so this leaves thor and two others so it comes down to if you feel thor can take down a being 60 times more powerful than janemba that also both surpass him in fighting prowess.

if you feel so, fair enough. personally it starts getting silly at those sorts of levels. I've seen the asgardian go down to less, but i haven't seen those two fused being phased by anything.

Sloth7d said:
i can see gohan doing it, not goku..

he likes fighting too much me thinks...

Mistress Gluon said:
First off, you're a woman? o_O I totally figured you for a 24 year old guy with black hair and a bad beard. Guess the name just threw me off.

Anyway.

Gladiator is kind of...arrogant. He never really doubts himself. Fighting the Silver Surfer, a man known throughout the cosmos as a being capable of crumbling entire armadas with barely any effort, he has not lost his confidence, his drive to think he was better. Fighting other heralds, other severely galactic level threats. In fact, the Empress usually has him out moving meteoroids, and you can pretty much guarantee he's not all that needing of confidence at that moment in time.

However, blocking Mjolnir, removing Mjolnir, or even supressing Mjolnir isn't exactly something many people have done, or can do. Usually the removal of Mjolnir comes at points where overwhelming force WELL beyond him come into play. So it's no minor feat at all.

However, to say that they're much better fighters than Thor or Gladiator?

Gladiator lives and trains for his empire all the time. It's his life, it's what he'll live and die for. So he's not just sitting around muching on pizza.

And Thor is considered the Norse pantheons greatest fighter, living for a few thousands years, with tons of training under his belt.
gladiator i can see going the frieza route with things thinking that saiyans are lowly filthy primate descendants and that could ultimately be his downfall, especially when he sees them transforming at various points throughout the battle. it all depends on what power level they start off at. They could quite easily mask and start off small and work they way up exponentially putting the big G on the back foot. very much similar infact to his confrontation with cannonball. remember fused beings do like to rub it in their victim's faces with too much gloating, could quite easily get to gladiator.

being rational, the saiyans wouldn't know this but goku rarely powers up unless he has to and usually enters a confrontation underpowered buidling up as he goes along which may provide the shock required. and since goku is a part of both vegetto and gogeta, it is feasible these fighting patterns would also be repeated (was repeated with vegetto since he started off in base form and then transformed).

alright what can you provide about the training of gladiator and also thor.

o and except for the black hair, you're pretty off but that is another matter.

November Rain said:
i can see gohan doing it, not goku..

he likes fighting too much me thinks...
Thor likes fighting and he can weild it.
I don't think it would even consider someone who doesn't like fighting worthy, anyway...yeah.

well goku likes it enough to abandon his family on numerous occasions

i've always seen gohan to be pure of heart than his father. if goku could indeed weild it, then i believe his son could also.

November Rain said:
well goku likes it enough to abandon his family on numerous occasions

i've always seen gohan to be pure of heart than his father. if goku could indeed weild it, then i believe his son could also.
I only remember him leaving them once of his own volition to train. And that was with Uub. Every other time either he was dead or their was a global threat that needed dealing with. Other than that Goku showed nothing, but chivalry to others, even in combat. He even tried to warn Freeza when his death disc were going to hit him. And put trust in his brothers words.

if only the pure heart can weild it then goku, gohan, goten, chichi, ox king, launch (pre sneeze), trunks, bra, pan, can all weild it

I dont remember Piccolo lifting mountains with his mind.
They were pyramids.

ah well, then i apologise on that, i'm mistaken.

still a admirable feat i believe.

still though, goku tore a mountain apart while fighting with kid buu in super saiyan form

Gohan pure of heart? A pure of heart doesn't make an enemy deliberately suffer, you know; SSJ2 Gohan vs. Cell.

CBG said:
Gohan pure of heart? A pure of heart doesn't make an enemy deliberately suffer, you know; SSJ2 Gohan vs. Cell.
I recall something about the saiyans being "tainted" when they become SSJs. The higher level, the stronger the effect.

November Rain said:
gladiator i can see going the frieza route with things thinking that saiyans are lowly filthy primate descendants and that could ultimately be his downfall, especially when he sees them transforming at various points throughout the battle. it all depends on what power level they start off at. They could quite easily mask and start off small and work they way up exponentially putting the big G on the back foot. very much similar infact to his confrontation with cannonball. remember fused beings do like to rub it in their victim's faces with too much gloating, could quite easily get to gladiator.

being rational, the saiyans wouldn't know this but goku rarely powers up unless he has to and usually enters a confrontation underpowered buidling up as he goes along which may provide the shock required. and since goku is a part of both vegetto and gogeta, it is feasible these fighting patterns would also be repeated (was repeated with vegetto since he started off in base form and then transformed).

alright what can you provide about the training of gladiator and also thor.

We'll start off with Gladiator, part of the Imperial Guard, the ELITE fighting force of the entire Shiar empire, hand picked from several thousand planets of fighting machines, and he LEADS them. However, he has a very slight bias. If he comes across someone he is told to come into conflict with, he assumes it's a high problem, and doesn't so much underestimate them, as much as he just knows he can beat them. And it wouldn't be the first time he came across someone who literally just increased their power. Once again, he's fought the Silver Surfer. And literally transverses the cosmos all on his own, so his own speed is massive.

Thor, a being who's fought everything from super cosmic entities to trolls to gnomes to the Hulk on several several occassions, one again, for several centuries now. In fact, his job is to kill things for the most part in Asgard.

The ability to teleport, cast spells, dispell ANY spell, and command the very forces of nature himself. Super enhanced strength, and under warrior madness, has several times multiplied strength and durability, Maestro barely made that Thor feel one of his strongest hits, and that was standard everyday Thor. And since we seem to be talking about their current incarnations, you're only fighting a Thor with the Odinpower. The type that takes a nuclear bomb without seeing it coming, and moves out, his clothes not even blackened.

And I never said anything about the hair.

And you never answered my question. o_O

CBG said:
well considering how long it took him to actually fight him on a level playing field.

perhaps that just means he's coy.

Mistress Gluon said:
the question seemed rhetorical in nature. This is the black hair comment i was referring to.

Mistress Gluon said:
We'll start off with Gladiator, part of the Imperial Guard, the ELITE fighting force of the entire Shiar empire, hand picked from several thousand planets of fighting machines, and he LEADS them. However, he has a very slight bias. If he comes across someone he is told to come into conflict with, he assumes it's a high problem, and doesn't so much underestimate them, as much as he just knows he can beat them. And it wouldn't be the first time he came across someone who literally just increased their power. Once again, he's fought the Silver Surfer. And literally transverses the cosmos all on his own, so his own speed is massive.

Thor, a being who's fought everything from super cosmic entities to trolls to gnomes to the Hulk on several several occassions, one again, for several centuries now. In fact, his job is to kill things for the most part in Asgard.

The ability to teleport, cast spells, dispell ANY spell, and command the very forces of nature himself. Super enhanced strength, and under warrior madness, has several times multiplied strength and durability, Maestro barely made that Thor feel one of his strongest hits, and that was standard everyday Thor. And since we seem to be talking about their current incarnations, you're only fighting a Thor with the Odinpower. The type that takes a nuclear bomb without seeing it coming, and moves out, his clothes not even blackened.

And I never said anything about the hair.

And you never answered my question. o_O
Alright well let's look at vegeta.

The pedigree of his race with a royal bloodline who served under frieza in a relatively less position than gladiator would to the shi'ar empire. however frieza's empire can be assumed to be just as wide as the shi'ars. Dragonball's equivalent to the imperial guard would be the ginyu force and later incarnations of vegeta managed to beat their captain while in a stronger body than his own (goku's). and this is even before we start talking about the levels of super saiyans and fusions of different magnitudes.

the difference between gogeta, vegetto and the silver surfer is that the legend of the silver surfer is known galaxy wide while gogeta's and vegetto's isn't.

nuclear blasts is a relatively small reference point considering all four characters could take one to the chin and not be phased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"