Good God Almighty...

Cyclops

Avenger
Reaction score
Today I alphabetized and shelved every single comicbook I own. The task took me ten hours to complete. Ten friggin' hours. I spent most of the day up in my room with comicbooks scattered into stacks on the floor, fighting the cat off because she wouldn't stop walking all over my books, and carefully trying not to step on my own.

Just thought I'd share that. Anybody else have comicbook organization nightmare stories to share?

i have a lot of books and no where to put them..

it sucks

thats all

I've gone through that same scenario. Not latley though, I fear the day is coming where I'll have to do it again. :venom:

ROFL, I immediately pictured Ironman getting him from Colossus from Ultimate War when I read this title...

GOD ALMIGHTY!

One time my cat crapped on alot of my Archie comics. Always clean your room when your told my friends.:(

Cyclops said:
Today I alphabetized and shelved every single comicbook I own. The task took me ten hours to complete. Ten friggin' hours. I spent most of the day up in my room with comicbooks scattered into stacks on the floor, fighting the cat off because she wouldn't stop walking all over my books, and carefully trying not to step on my own.

Just thought I'd share that. Anybody else have comicbook organization nightmare stories to share?
Hence the advantages of being lazy and disorganized. :cool:

Several. When I started computerizin' lists, I'd hafta cart books out to my dinin' room where my comp is an' list them. This'd be a big production as lists would be lost an' my collection would grow. It once took me two weeks of constant work, th' floor around my chair and my table completely covered in piles of comics one letter at a time.

Then there's th' inevitable storage shift once a drawer or box would reach capacity when new comics were bein' put away. So, not only would I have a stack from th' last couple months, but an ever-growing stack of comics I'd hafta shift into th' next box until th' end. And then if I ran OUT of boxes, I'd have a stack or two until I'd get some in. In fact, I had like 10 stacks th' last time I ran out of boxes.

There's dedication in there somewhere, i think.

I'm gonna do mine and I think it will take a whole weekend. But I'm cateloging them too.,

I had a box full and got bags so they could each be in one individually and that took an hour or so since the bags were sliding everywhere:o

Oh man, you're just reminding me that I need to do that someday soon.

I have 16+ HUGE comic boxes to sort. :(

Congrats on that, tho...sheesh.

Yeah, I've been putting it off myself for awhile. Maybe next week. Of course I've said that every weekend scince 2004.

I alphabetized my books when I finally bought some longboxes after a couple years of buying comics and leaving them scattered around my room at college. (I foolishly told myself I'd just take them back home and put them in my boxes there, but I went back home less and less over my time at college.) I ended up having to buy four longboxes for the amount of comics I had, and then I had to buy two more over the course of that year.

I have another nightmare forthcoming, though. My shop charges for bags and boards, so I buy them cheaper elsewhere and just bag and board my comics myself. I used to do it regularly, but now I've got a backlog of about 500+ comics that need bagging and boarding. So someday I'm going to have to actually sit down, bag and board each and every one of those comics, tape the flaps down, toss the comics into piles by their initial letter, then alphabetize those piles, buy some more longboxes, and rearrange all my boxes to make room for them. Every time I think of doing it, I think of all the time it'll take and then I put it off for another few months. :(

Sounds to me like those Archie comics got what they deserved. :)

are there actually any fans out there who would like to step forward and say they ARE organised with no massive piles lying around the room??

I'm sure there are some. In all the world, there's gotta be at least one comic book geek who's also a neat-freak, right?

I never really bothered to alphabetize my stash. I just have them organized chaotically by series in random bins. Whatever works, right? :o

gildea said:
are there actually any fans out there who would like to step forward and say they ARE organised with no massive piles lying around the room??
I wish I could say I was one of those fans...but I'd be lying. :(

I AM organized with NO massive piles around my room (anymore).

My new comics (whatever I don't read right away) get put into a long box to be read.

My read comics get put into ANOTHER long box to be put away.

I have 15 out of 20 longboxes in use, 20 box drawers an' three containers full of comics alphabetized an' organized how I like it, not to mention an up-to-date comic list.

How it used to be was new comics would be stacked on a container under my desk, read comics would be stacked in a corner of my desk until it was ready to fall, and then I'd put them away.

I have around 1000 comics pinned to my walls. 1000x4 pins each + actually pinning them...It took me 6 hours to do the Nightwing series (1-119), so you do the math.

I'm assuming he means they're in bags, and the bags are pinned. At least I hope he's not sticking pins right through the comics themselves. That would make baby Jesus weep. :(
WOLVERINE25TH said:
My new comics (whatever I don't read right away) get put into a long box to be read.
That's a good idea, actually. I've got a bunch of Punisher and Spider-Girl issues to get to, along with a couple of minis I decided to just collect and read all at once. They're sitting in a pile on my desk, collecting dust. I think I'll get a shortbox and stick them in there.

Heh yeah, when I got my long boxes I came up with that 'cause havin' piles around in a house full of cats usually resulted in them gettin' on th' floor.

Well, that's because cats are evil spinster tools of doom. :p

No, that's 'cause cats like to use anythin' as a step stool and they get into fights an' knock stuff down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"