Gotham Knights

You would think with the technology available these days they would be able to make Batgirl's hair "flow" instead of looking like one plastic mass that sort of waves about a bit. I know it is a nit pick but I believe when a character has longer hair it should flow/move properly, not like they can not do that these days.

It did say all game play was pre alpha build. So there's a lot room for improvement

I thought the rumored november release was too soon and now I want it but perhaps it's best to let it get some extra polish

I thought the rumored november release was too soon and now I want it but perhaps it's best to let it get some extra polish

Well even though its not November it could maybe be not to much later. I mean right now all we know is 2021 we dont know if its late 2021 or early or middle or what and if it where to be like feb/march that would not be to much worse than this November.

Well even though its not November it could maybe be not to much later. I mean right now all we know is 2021 we dont know if its late 2021 or early or middle or what and if it where to be like feb/march that would not be to much worse than this November.

True that!

If the game were being released within the next 6 months, I assume they would have given a release month in 2021. So I suspect it could still be a ways off. Perhaps summer 2021. Or possibly even into the fall to coincide with The Batman in October.

Devs need to do a Q&A asap and confirm batman in or out so people can stop being do disappointed or freaking out

we all know Batman isn’t dead. My guess is he’s a prisoner of The Court of Owls and probably is going to either be a reprogrammed Talon who is the final boss fight or he is revealed to be alive in the third act of the game.

we all know Batman isn’t dead. My guess is he’s a prisoner of The Court of Owls and probably is going to either be a reprogrammed Talon who is the final boss fight or he is revealed to be alive in the third act of the game.

Something along those lines yeah.
Either prisoner, fighting his own fight or being a Talon until the player saves him.
I doubt they get the okay for a clean death from their bosses.

Slightly unrelated maybe...i wonder if this rumored second WB game is still a thing.
For a long time now there is this rumor that says that WB works on two DC related games.
Now that we know this open world dc team game they were hiring people for, is gotham knights...i wonder whats the other about, if that is still a thing.
I never saw anything related to that, but many say its pretty much confirmed.
Which i find strange because even leaks or so would have then mentioned a second game more often.
I wonder if this was wishfull thinking or if there really is a second DC related game in the making right now that we havent have a clue what its about.
Being a little fly wall at the WBM company would be really cool right now. XD

I can totally see the twist with the Court of Owls faking Batman's death and making Bruce into a Talon with the bat family having to beat him as a boss fight by the end and snap him out of it. The story ends but you unlock Batman for freeroam and then maybe play as Batman in a dlc story expansion

I’m intrigued by the premise of a city without Batman being taken over by the criminals of Gotham City and its only hope of survival is the allies of The Dark Knight, that could never replace him. But work hard together to live up to the legacy he established. If the developers play this right it could make for a great game. For years gamers have been wanting to play with members of the bat-family. Now is our chance, let’s see what they have to offer and enjoy the adventure.

I’m on the discord and they had intended too release it in the fall, however due to COVID-19 plans changed

I’m on the discord and they had intended too release it in the fall, however due to COVID-19 plans changed
Wow, there really is a discord for everything.

Also, I agree that it’s very probable that Batman is the final boss. Would love for that to unlock him as playable in a new game+ mode.

Plot twist - Bruce fakes his own death to spend some alone time with Selina, away from the "children." Also, Bruce got tired of paying out monthly allowances to the Bat kids. :o

Perhaps it won't be a long wait after all. If it was intended to be released in the fall, then it is pretty much done at this point.

Then I hope we get more gameplay footage of the "final" version of the game soon. I'm still not thrilled with what I saw, but I am willing to give it a chance and so I am getting the game.

I gotta say, this game really disappointing me. I was hoping for the successor to the Arkham series. It take that brilliant game design and push it to new levels. But watching the gameplay footage it is clear it's no where near the level of the Arkham series, which in my opinion is one of the best gameplay I've ever witness. I feel like I have perfect control of the character with smoothest transition through the gameplay types: navigation to combat to stealth to driving everything flowed so perfectly. And the game had such a great sense of tactics for both combat and silent predator. But watching this it's clear it's mostly going to be button mashing. They really shouldn't have chosen to show Freeze. They had to have known everyone was hoping for the next Arkham game and displaying the stark contrast to how they view boss fights.

I don't think this will be a bad game, I think it will be okay. It just will not be near the level of the Arkham series and that makes me sad.

Also why the bad place is Robin teleporting?

"He has access to the Justice League's Watchtower"

Okay, but why the bad place is he teleporting!?!? Are grappling hooks not fun anymore?

I gotta say, this game really disappointing me. I was hoping for the successor to the Arkham series. It take that brilliant game design and push it to new levels. But watching the gameplay footage it is clear it's no where near the level of the Arkham series, which in my opinion is one of the best gameplay I've ever witness. I feel like I have perfect control of the character with smoothest transition through the gameplay types: navigation to combat to stealth to driving everything flowed so perfectly. And the game had such a great sense of tactics for both combat and silent predator. But watching this it's clear it's mostly going to be button mashing. They really shouldn't have chosen to show Freeze. They had to have known everyone was hoping for the next Arkham game and displaying the stark contrast to how they view boss fights.

I don't think this will be a bad game, I think it will be okay. It just will not be near the level of the Arkham series and that makes me sad.

Also why the bad place is Robin teleporting?

"He has access to the Justice League's Watchtower"

Okay, but why the bad place is he teleporting!?!? Are grappling hooks not fun anymore?

Yeah Robin teleporting around is a bit of a turn off for me. I don't care for the bat family characters using super high tech stuff like that. I have a limit. Much prefer grappling and gliding.

Cool new gadget to me. Could be used as fast travel thing

Roger Craig Smith has confirmed that he is not voicing Bruce Wayne/Batman in GOTHAM KNIGHTS.

Wayne's voice actor does sound familiar though.

Yeah Robin teleporting around is a bit of a turn off for me. I don't care for the bat family characters using super high tech stuff like that. I have a limit. Much prefer grappling and gliding.

Yeaht thats threw me off a bit too.
High tech stuff sure, but teleportation? Eh a bit too much.
And i fear they go way too overboard with this kind of stuff.
Dont get me wrong, i hate overly realistic stuff in comic book material..."grounded" is my most hated word when it comes to comic book material...but Robin teleportating isnt what im looking for personally.

Roger Craig Smith has confirmed that he is not voicing Bruce Wayne/Batman in GOTHAM KNIGHTS.

Wayne's voice actor does sound familiar though.

He does sound familiar, cant put my finger onto where however.
Thats another thing why this Gotham Knights makes me a bit sad.
Bruce sounds and looks really cool, they did a fantastic job there...his cgi model looked really good.
So it stings that i might not see that for longer in this game.

Then I hope we get more gameplay footage of the "final" version of the game soon. I'm still not thrilled with what I saw, but I am willing to give it a chance and so I am getting the game.
Same here. This will be the first DC open world after the three Rocksteady Arkham games that I would play and its not like we are getting a lot of DC/Marvel games neXt year. So I am getting it once its under $30.

In regards to Robin teleporting, I don't really mind it. But it is stuff like that from the trailer and gameplay that's giving me this Fortnite/Overwatch vibe. Like Avengers, it feels like they are "dumbing" things down a bit to focus on "unique heroes" with unique color schemes, unique weapons, and unique character abilities mainly for the sake of co-op. Will the special abilities have cooldowns, too? I wouldn't be surprised because that seems to be the direction they are going with.

It just feels like a big departure from the prior Arkham games. I get that this is a new series, but it just feels like this game will be missing what made the Arkham games so special.

It also reminds me of how the current AC games feel so different from the original AC games. Now, the AC games feel more like historical action RPGs with abilities and cooldowns compared to the more stealth heavy and ASSASSINS focused original games.

Not saying that any of this is good or bad. And Gotham Knights could turn out to be a fun game. But I can't help but feel a little disappointed that after all this time of waiting and anticipating what the next Batman game will be, this is what we are getting. Also, no Cassandra Cain.

With that being said, I am still more interested in this, and more apt to get this, over Avengers and even AC Valhalla. Because it's Batman related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"