Assassin's Creed: Origins

I hope they don't go straight to Greece after this one because it might be slightly too similar in terms of themes. It would be great to have something in the middle and then go to Greece!

Although I suppose the assassins creed franchise will come out every few years now not every year

I'm not overly thrilled with the likely locations for the next game, it's almost certainly gonna be Rome and/or Greece assuming they plan to directly follow up on Origins story
since it ends with Bayek staying in Egypt and establishing a branch of the Hidden Ones while Aya formally founds the brotherhood in Rome. I imagine we'll also have a brief mission set in Alexandria in one of the next two games as well since Aya ultimately does assassinate Cleopatra in Alexandria
Greece and full on Ancient Rome (as opposed to the well past its prime Rome in Brotherhood) are certainly more than worthy locations, but I can't help but have a "been there, done that" feeling about them.

Last edited:
Since the game's final reveal is that Aya
is Amunet, I'm thinking the next game will have Aya as the main character. Not Bayek. I think that Aya was the bait and switch of this game. They set it up and had us thinking that Bayek is the lead of the this new trilogy and then they revealed the curve ball that Aya is Amunet and the one that will actually be leading the Brotherhood in Rome. Not to mention Bayek is staying in Egypt running things there. Aya as the main character makes more since due to her being in Rome which is the center of the Ancient world.

Since the game's final reveal is that Aya
is Amunet, I'm thinking the next game will have Aya as the main character. Not Bayek. I think that Aya was the bait and switch of this game. They set it up and had us thinking that Bayek is the lead of the this new trilogy and then they revealed the curve ball that Aya is Amunet and the one that will actually be leading the Brotherhood in Rome. Not to mention Bayek is staying in Egypt running things there. Aya as the main character makes more since due to her being in Rome which is the center of the Ancient world.

That's pretty much what I'm expecting.
Bayek doesn't seem the type to leave Egypt for any considerable amount of time, if at all, I think it's very telling that the game's finale with Septimius and Caesar's assassinations has us controlling Aya, and not Bayek, something of a passing of the torch moment.

This is a very helpful tip:

If you shoot a sleep dart or poison dart into a camp fire it will release a massive cloud of poison or sleep gas. The cloud can effect large groups instantaneously. So keep an eye out for camp fires. I haven't tried this with burning braziers yet.

crouch while next to them, you'll automatically do it if the cat is in front of you while you're crouched.

Thanks! I will try both these out!
Please everyone be careful of spoilers!

I patted a cat! It was so cute!!

Does anyone else have a problem where they try to run but accidentally attack instead? It's the only thing that annoys me about this game

This game is really fun and so beautiful at 4K with HDR. I've been playing this game for over 2 weeks and I'm not even halfway through with it. I took my time exploring some of the temples because they were so beautiful. The photography tool is great!

Finished playing Syndicate so now I'm finally on to Origins. Still early in the game - I've completed Siwa and Lake Mareotis and have just entered Alexandria and met up with Aya [blackout]yay to having the hidden blade now![/blackout].

I do love the visuals, rendering of the setting is gorgeous. I'm loving Bayek (and Senu). Gameplay/mechanics wise though? I admit, I kind of miss the circular compass/map...not entirely sure how I feel about the horizontal 'sliding' compass bar at the top. The combat is also taking me some time to get used to as well (I'm not someone whose an avid gamer.... I find myself often forgetting to press the button to lock onto an enemy and so usually just end up wildly swinging around with my RT/Heavy attack *lol*) I'm enjoying it so far though :)

It's such a brilliant game. I keep putting it down thinking I'm done with it but when I play it again I find a million other things to do

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Assassins Creed Origins Season Pass and Discovery Tour DLC release dates announced[/FONT]
Published 12 hours ago. 24 comments.
Continue your journey through Ancient Egypt.

AC-Origins_01-16-18.jpg

Ubisoft has announced the release dates for both the Season Pass and free add-on content for Assassin’s Creed Origins. The wide variety of content, which includes new story expansions and quests, timed events, and customization items, promises to add “several hours” to Ancient Egypt-set open-world game.

Here are the details:
DLC 1: The Hidden Ones (January 23) – Included with $39.99 Season Pass / Available separately for $9.99
This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players four years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region of the world, the Sinai. This expansion will increase the level cap to 45, allowing players to continue to upgrade and customize their character. Players will have access to four new Legendary weapons, a new outfit, two new mounts and multiple new weapons as well as two new levels for all crafted gear.
Discovery Tour by Assassin’s Creed: Ancient Egypt (February 20) – Available as a free update for all Assassin’s Creed Origins owners / Available for purchase separately for $19.99 on Uplay and Steam for Windows PC
This new educational mode of the game lets everyone, from players to history-enthusiasts and non-gamers, choose between free roaming the beautiful world of Ancient Egypt to learn more about its history and daily life or embarking on guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. People can discover and explore a world free of conflict, time pressure or gameplay constraints, where storyline and quests are not active and the world of Ancient Egypt evolves into a combat-free living museum.
DLC 2: The Curse of the Pharaohs (March 6) – Included with $39.99 Season Pass / Available separately for $9.99
This new expansion offers players a completely new storyline to delve into as they travel to Thebes to investigate an ancient curse that is plaguing the region. The Curse of the Pharaohs focuses on Egyptian mythology, pitting players against famous pharaohs and Egyptian beasts as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. This new piece of content will increase the level cap to 55 and give players access to new outfits and gear, including rare and legendary weapons, all themed around classic Egyptian mythology.
In addition to the two downloadable expansions listed above, the Season Pass includes the “Horus Pack” and “Roman Centurion Pack” with their own set of weapons, mounts, and outfits, a legendary weapon, and 500 Helix credits.
Ubisoft notes that a wide variety of free content, including “Trials of the Gods” and a new quest, “Incoming Threat,” a prelude to “DLC 1: The Hidden Ones,” in which players must head-off an incoming incursion and find where its coming from, will be available for all Assassin’s Creed Origins players.

Assassin’s Creed Origins is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

[FONT=&quot]source: Gematsu[/FONT]

Intriguing. Might get the season pass. I only get the season pass for games I love and I do love all that mythic ancient Egypt stuff

They're probably called that because they're always roamin' around

That's great news. I replay games I like but with RPGs I hate having to build my character back up and reaccumulate gear every time I want to play through the story. All RPG games should have New Game Plus features.

This is a very helpful tip:

If you shoot a sleep dart or poison dart into a camp fire it will release a massive cloud of poison or sleep gas. The cloud can effect large groups instantaneously. So keep an eye out for camp fires. I haven't tried this with burning braziers yet.

Holy crap. Thanks.

ubisoft made a version of this game to be a teaching tool removing the violent part but showing the rest of the history like the architecture, which school's are using now I tried looking for your tube version andI'm still looking. or at least til I finde awayto up load to youtube my self.

Tour ancient Egypt in Assassin’s Creed Origins

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1325751&binId=1.1332485&playlistPageNum=1

Also with Below

Instead of a new Assassin's Creed in 2018, you're probably getting more Origins DLC

18 hours ago
Ubisoft seem pretty set on a two-year turnaround for Assassin’s Creed going forward. The company’s CEO said that development would continue to...Read more

source: https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/&
PCGN

Last edited:
Yaaaas give us dlc where we play as Senu the hawk

That's great news for me. I want more Origins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"