Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 11 "Rogues' Gallery" General Discussion

Still a fun episode. I hope they don't keep Jim in Arkham too long, though.

It is idiotic to bring it back and then immediately go on another break. Why not just set the midseason premiere next week then?

The college football national championship is next week.

The Barbara stuff....really.Did they need to have Montoya be the one to break it off?Not only does she come off more ditzy than Babs,it pretty much robs Babs of any positive feeling that comes from seeing her want to "fight" for Jim.Now she's going back to him,basically 'cause she's got no one else.

It was also beyond odd that she thought an 11 year old girl apparently sounds like a grown woman.

Since Montoya claimed that the two were toxic together, doing drugs and drinking alcohol, I wonder if Barbara was supposed to be hammered in that scene.

Since Montoya claimed that the two were toxic together, doing drugs and drinking alcohol, I wonder if Barbara was supposed to be hammered in that scene.

She was all pinned out on pills.

I was a bit disappointed overall. I'm very grateful to see Leslie in any form in live-action, but this episode seemed too much like a place-holding thing to me.

The Electrocutioner was good, but in terms of advancing the plot-lines this is all I got:

1. Barbara's completely psycho & Ivy is completely psycho but very cool.

2. The Penguin made a stupid (seemingly too stupid for him) mistake. How do you "raise the rates" on your Don's people without permission?

I'd have liked this better if he was testing to see what Maroni would do, but clearly this was just Cobblepot come-uppance for no discernible reason.

3. Gordon & Bullock are tight. I really think the ultimate success of this show hinges on these two, and though it's been somewhat forced I can now see Ben & Donal "riffing" off each other.

Logue's retro-kitsch dialog has been a challenge, but he's been crushing it for awhile now. I'm betting he's had input for the writers.

4. Cat's taste/ambition is changing. The stint at Wayne Manor and that great shot of her perched on Barbara's penthouse patio wall was informing.

5. Butch is a great character. In some ways I believe he's thinking more clearly than Falcone, Maroni, Fish or The Penguin. I can't wait for the next time he sees Alfred. :woot:

Does anyone find that Morena Bacarrin reminds them of Jean Grey from the X-Men movies? She looks reminiscent of Famke Janssen.

Didn't find the episode too thrilling. Bullock seems less antagonistic to Gordon now.

Weak episode, I thought. The two mob subplots were super predictable and each of those scenes dragged on more than they needed to. Barbara is just a waste of time on this show, I'm sick of watching her crap character make lame and stupid decisions. Pretty much the same for Montoya so far.

Bullock got some of the best lines, and honestly he was the highlight of the episode. The Arkham stuff was good, though I didn't like that they basically killed off every member of the Arkham staff that was introduced in this episode (except Leslie). Nice to have a recurring villain introduced rather than having just another one-shot wonder.

Good episode. The show is consistently good now. The mystery was intriguing and held my attention till the culprit was finally revealed. The Ivy and Barbara scene was hilarious.
Look forward to Bruce returning though.

I feel like they just kinda tossed young Ivy into this show but don't know what to do with her. So far she's pretty two-dimensional and boring. But I really dig the Tim Burtonish vibe that I get from her costume and look.

I think this I the best episode to date(not exactly saying much). Other than the annoying GF subplot this episode was well made all the way through. Honestly I hope Gordon lets his annoying GF go and gets with the hot doctor. I liked her much better. I think they should have just started the series here. Hopefully his is a sign that this show has turned around in a good way.

7/10

I'm glad this show is back. Very entertaining. First time I actually liked Ivy on the show but it got me thinking. I've never thought about Ivy's eating habits before. Her being a Vegan would be the last thing I'd think of. lol, I can just see her w/ a bowl of salad crying while eating. Begging the lettuce forgiveness for having to eat it and such.

I'm glad this show is back. Very entertaining. First time I actually liked Ivy on the show but it got me thinking. I've never thought about Ivy's eating habits before. Her being a Vegan would be the last thing I'd think of. lol, I can just see her w/ a bowl of salad crying while eating. Begging the lettuce forgiveness for having to eat it and such.

I know what the official response would be, but I love your take on this. Ivy should be the ultimate carnivore, especially this delightfully freaky version.

They played some Bauhaus?

I must of missed that one. They had some Gang Of Four in the episode Bruce and Selina were on the run

I think it was in that same episode actually.
You can hear it playing in the background when Selina & Bruce are trying to sell the watch and whatnot.

Barbara...got faked by a lil girl....JESUS CHRIST...SHE NEEDS TO GO

I liked this episode even if it was thoroughly predictable. The real baddie was blindingly obvious from early on, and from the second kid Cat and kid Ivy walked into Barbara's and Jim's empty pad, you just knew one of the two (or both!) would call and think the person answering was the others' new girlfriend. And could anyone not figure out why Penguin was stuck in a cell in a city where the mob controls the cops? Hmmm...let me think about that for awhile...

I know what the official response would be, but I love your take on this. Ivy should be the ultimate carnivore, especially this delightfully freaky version.

Yeah,I kinda found that odd.I'd expect her to be a reverse vegan.

It seemed to me that they were trying to get people to think that Leslie was the culprit early on.But since a good portion of us already know Leslie's role in the comics,they switched it to another red herring (that woman from Moonlighting).

What the **** is a "reverse vegan"? Is that even a thing?

A possible solution to the Barbara problem: after a while, have Barbara break up with Renee, get sober, and return to Jim a "changed woman", and use that as a reason to make her more competent and stable. It worked with Laurel on Arrow: some of her best moments were when she was in AA and knew Oliver's identity.

So Jack Gruber was pretty sweet. Beamed classic Bat baddie.
1 part Electrocutioner + 1 part Hugo Strange.

I liked the episode. I liked the stuff with Butch.

I still think that he looks like the guy who killed the Waynes

Totally agree that Barbara is useless. The writers are lost on that one.

The show "looks" fantastic.

The large inmate electrocuted after attacking the other inmate during the play was called "Jones." Later, someone referred to him with the nickname "The Frog Man." Killer Croc's real name is Waylon Jones. Was this supposed to be a reference to that character?

I'm only getting caught up with these episodes now...

First of all, Barbara and Montoya... Need I say more? :o

It's great having the show back and I'm still enjoying it overall, but this felt like a very weak installment. The storyline was a little mundane and didn't truly propel Gordon's narrative forward in a significant way. Even the introduction of the gorgeous Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Tompkins felt oddly bland.

Interestingly, my favourite part of the episode was the stuff with Fish and Butch. I wasn't sure if he was going to betray her or not, but I'm glad he didn't (or perhaps he has his own sinister ideas, that doesn't require the help of his ''brother''). The scenes between Butch and Saviano were wonderfully written and remarkably subtle.

Other notes:

- Once again, Penguin makes a remarkably stupid decision by trying to inforce more tax on the fishermen. He often talks about biding his time, so why would they writers keep putting him in these idiotic and brash situations?
- I can't believe Selina climbed up that entire buidling when she simply could've used the elevator like Pamela.
- It'll be nice to have (what I hope will be) a recurring villian on the show.

Does anyone find that Morena Bacarrin reminds them of Jean Grey from the X-Men movies? She looks reminiscent of Famke Janssen.

A little bit maybe. She speaks and holds herself in a similar way I guess. Really glad she's on this show. (I didn't know she was going to be till she turned up and I recognised her from Deadpool)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"