Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 12 "What The Little Bird Told Him" General Discussion

They will probaly find a way to keep fish alive till end of season.

I liked Falcone put fish in her place and penguin showed up.Just remember how far penguin has come since the pilot.

It sure didn't take jim long to make his move on leslie.But,who would blame him:yay:

Gotham's version of loeb is bit closer to comic version than Nolan version.

Now having spent so much time on penguin they spent a little time seeting up future of riddler.

Now i just wonder if anyone cares about barbara and her parents.
The only thing I got from that is that the mother is obviously in charge.

Loeb was kinda cool. He had a low-key evil quality to him. Watching him square off against Gordon could be fun.

I felt sorry for poor Liza. I was actually hoping she and Falcone would go off to the country together.

I hope that scene with Barbara's parents is setting her up to be unstable psycho. That would explain so much about her behavior.

Really fun episode, the Electrocutioner was a lot of fun and Falcone was fantastic during his scene with Fish. Can't wait to see the aftermath next week!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I was happy due to the return of Kris Kringle, then felt sad when she dissed Riddler to that other guy. Ed's attempted joke was unintentionally hilarious, though. "What's green and then red? Frogs in a blender!" Yeah, that'll impress the girl. :lmao:

This was actually the best episode in a while. A lot of punch and impact, and I now have newfound respect for the Electrocutioner. Still a bit of filler and drag, but things are really looking up.

Weirdly enough, the Gordon/Leslie romance kind of bothers me. Don't get me wrong, Morena Baccarin is awesome, but something about the whole relationship seems kind of rushed. I feel like we didn't really get to know her that well before the writers had them making out. It's like they're relying on Morena Baccarin to give the character personality, without actually writing her any. And if she's supposed to be the dynamic counterpart to Barbara's uselessness, well...I'm waiting.

I was kind of hoping he'd be at Arkham a bit longer. Much more interesting of a setting.

Surprised Bruce and Alfred have been sidelined for the past two episodes. Though, I guess there's only so much screen time they have to work with here...

Really enjoyed this episode, everything fired on all cylinders....well expect for Barbara.

They can honestly just completely write her out of the show at any point, I don't know what the f*** they're doing with her.

Surprised Bruce and Alfred have been sidelined for the past two episodes. Though, I guess there's only so much screen time they have to work with here...

Agreed. As others have said, it would have probably been better had they picked the time period where Bruce is a young adult or even legal age. At least that way, Bruce and Alfred could be more involved with the active story lines and it would make sense for Bruce to be a lot more closer towards becoming Batman in a few years as opposed toward it not happening within a decade from now.

There's no way that they'll be able to keep the show going on for the amount of time that would be needed to use the current actors that they have for the likes of Bruce and Selina like Smallville did with Tom and company.

One way or another, they're going to have to use a new actor to play the older Bruce to become Batman at the end of the series.

They can honestly just completely write her out of the show at any point, I don't know what the f*** they're doing with her.

At this point, I can't think of any believable way for the writers to redeem the character into a favorable position with the fans. The character wasn't all that interesting even before she went this route, so there wasn't any real investment in her from the start.

I was at the edge of my seat this whole episode. Best since 'Penguin's Umbrella.' That scene at the end at Fish's was one of the best I've seen on tv this season. John Doman is killing it as The Roman.

I'm fine with the lack of Bruce. I find the GCPD/Mafia stuff more interesting anyways.

Last edited:
Agreed. As others have said, it would have probably been better had they picked the time period where Bruce is a young adult or even legal age. At least that way, Bruce and Alfred could be more involved with the active story lines and it would make sense for Bruce to be a lot more closer towards becoming Batman in a few years as opposed toward it not happening within a decade from now.

There's no way that they'll be able to keep the show going on for the amount of time that would be needed to use the current actors that they have for the likes of Bruce and Selina like Smallville did with Tom and company.

One way or another, they're going to have to use a new actor to play the older Bruce to become Batman at the end of the series.

I don't mind Bruce at the age he is on the show right now, though I do sort of hope he hits puberty soon, so they can conceivably pass season 2 off as being a year or so after the first, because yeah, they're going to have to cover a lot of ground in this series. I can't imagine him becoming Batman before he's at least 25, and there's no way the series lasts that many seasons. There's either going to have to be little jumps forward throughout, or a big one at some point.

But I don't mind him at the moment. What they're doing with him so far has worked decently enough, and I love the Bruce/Alfred dynamic. I just think the writers are starting to figure out that there's only so many running storylines that can be covered per episode to anything resembling a good effect. There's no way they'd be able to cover GCPD/the mob/Wayne manor/the street kids/Gordon's home life all in one episode without it seeming scatter shot.

Hmm.Pretty good episode on the whole,I guess. I'm pleased that Falcone ended up being perceptive enough to realize Penguin was telling the truth. Kinda cold what he did to Liza. Kinda wish they dragged out her fate longer than Fish's. Fish shoulda got a bullet right there for being the mastermind.But Liza was just a patsy.They coulda done something more interesting with her.Eh,it is (as they say) what it is.

Penguin blabbing while he was in "shock" (so to speak) seemed awfully convenient. This is like the second week in a row where he screws up. Not very consistent with the criminal genius he appeared to be previously.

What are Bruce & Alfred on a long holiday or something?

They be movin' way too fast with Leslie. I'm not sure I even really want them together to begin with,but c'mon now.

Thank Heavens Gordon's out of Arkham.

Liked seeing Zsasz and his motley crew again.

So Riddler's gonna go bad over Miss Kringle? That's what it looks like,at least. Poor guy's got a shaky hold on reality as it is. Don't know what it'll take to send him over.

Bullock got off his usual good lines and Jim's required fist fight with Blaster Master Electricutioner's goon was pretty good. Had to chuckle at the Electricutioner's rather simple comeuppance. Quite funny.

Barbara wasn't really too annoying,given her brief screen time,I guess.

At this point, I can't think of any believable way for the writers to redeem the character into a favorable position with the fans. The character wasn't all that interesting even before she went this route, so there wasn't any real investment in her from the start.
It's almost impressive how quickly they were able to turn one of their main "good guys" into an utterly despised, irredeemable character, lol.

It wouldn't be a problem if we didn't already know that Gordon's supposed to marry and have kids with her, though, because then they could potentially go anywhere with her. But that canon's like this horrible inevitability hanging over this whole storyline. As it is, if they're still planning to go that route, you'd think the writers would want us to root for them a little bit...even if the marriage is ultimately doomed. But I guess not.

I would honestly have no problem if they diverged from canon and had Jim end up with Leslie. Actually, I would prefer it. I love Morena and she has great chemistry with McKenzie.

Loeb was weird. Loved Gordon's line about making anyone who takes his badge eat it or something like that.

Bullock had all the best lines as usual.

Barbara's parents are weird. I don't know what the deal is with them.

Seems like Falcone got his groove back.

Zsasz and Penguin's little square off was cool

There's always the option of having Babs being Jim's niece...

Terrific episode. Tight and focused with a number of unexpected twists.

Not missing Bruce/Alfred and the one-room Wayne Manor at all. FWIW I think the less Batman we get, the better; the whole point is that Bats comes later.

Despite my loathing of Fish I doubt they kill off the character yet.

Great bit there at the end by Falcone checking Liza's pulse as he was questioning her (at least that's how it looked to me).

That Barbara scene might be the first "Barbara scene" that's actually piqued my interest, if only due to her bizarro parents. More clueless put-upon upper-crusters, less bi druggie blonde, please. :)

The Electrocutioner was a hoot the whole ep. And the way Gordon got him was pitch-perfect.

Also, I have to say I love how "Archer" like the show is with all the contradicting technology. Using ****ing smartphones but all the reporters are using those big ass 1940s flashbulb cameras.

they will probaly find a way to keep fish alive till end of season.

I liked falcone put fish in her place and penguin showed up.just remember how far penguin has come since the pilot.

It sure didn't take jim long to make his move on leslie.but,who would blame him:yay:

Gotham's version of loeb is bit closer to comic version than nolan version.

Now having spent so much time on penguin they spent a little time seeting up future of riddler.

now i just wonder if anyone cares about barbara and her parents.

nope

I been trying to catch up on a couple of episodes that I missed before the winter break. I work Monday evenings so I have to DVR it. Anyway, I thought this episode was meh/okay. The show has definitely gotten better but I still can't get over how many Batman villians have already been introduced on this show. It's only season 1 and we already seen Riddler, Ivy, Harvey, Zasaz, Penguin, cat woman, ( maybe Joker) electrocutioner, crime families such as Carmine and Maroni. It's also been confirmed Robin's parents are coming to the show as well as Johnathan Crane and Harley Quinn. Crane and Quinn might be introduced next season but still. At this rate they might as well skip to years later when Bruce is ready to appear as batman. Otherwise, most of Bat's rouges gallery will be middle aged or older by the time he starts being Batman.

They may have a plan.

Really enjoyed Christopher Heyerdahl as the Electrocutioner. Kind of funny how underwhelming Gordon stopping him with a cup of water was. I'm curious what will happen to Penguin now that he's accidentally outed himself to Maroni. It almost looked like Falcone had The Girls of Old Town with him when he showed up to his meeting with Fish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"