Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 13 - "Smile Like You Mean It"

Oh there's Nicholson in there, for sure, but I hear more Ledger this time around. I heard a better blend of Ledger and Nicholson more so on The Blind Fortune Teller and The Last Laugh.
See until he actually got in the cruiser I heard more Nicholson than Ledger. It wasn't til he was running over pedestrians and holding Dwight and Gotham hostage that I got more Ledger vibes.

Here's a quote from Cameron himself that explains why Jerome sounds the way he does now:

"He has this tic where, because he was stabbed in the throat, I’ve given him an affectation. His voice has slightly changed. It’s rougher, and wheezier, which has affected his laugh as well. It comes out in these staccato croaks, or it’ll go into a higher pitch."

"Love that Joker...!"

And if you don't get that reference, shame on you... :woot::cwink:

Here's a quote from Cameron himself that explains why Jerome sounds the way he does now:

"He has this tic where, because he was stabbed in the throat, I’ve given him an affectation. His voice has slightly changed. It’s rougher, and wheezier, which has affected his laugh as well. It comes out in these staccato croaks, or it’ll go into a higher pitch."

I actually read that full interview & I think that addition is perfect because he's right. I have to imagine being stabbed in the throat, whether you die from it or not, would present some noticeable changes in your overall voice. I love that addition, and how weird it sounds when he clears his throat.

Great episode! lots of attention on Cameron (with good reason), but i think David and Camren's scenes were pure gold too. Especially their violent confrontation.

We just saw the first ever Batman vs Catwoman fight, folks. Very cool! :btf:

And with any luck, today we might see the first ever Batman vs Joker fight in this show's universe. :cwink:

I still don't like what Gotham is doing, probably never will, but I gotta admit that Jerome fella is delivering a stellar performance.

Well, we will if we don't turn blind before 8pm. :)

mye.gif

Great episode! lots of attention on Cameron (with good reason), but i think David and Camren's scenes were pure gold too. Especially their violent confrontation.

We just saw the first ever Batman vs Catwoman fight, folks. Very cool! :btf:

I was thinking the exact same thing, and I also really liked the ending! "I will not kill!" :db:

I still don't care for Jerome, though I wasn't as annpyed by him like I was before.

Dwight...

giphy.gif

The stitches on his face make him look even better. Actually I don't forgive you. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"