Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 13 - "Smile Like You Mean It"

Just saw it.
Dammit, Gotham. Stop teasing us with that Joker card. It'll make me more the sadder if they kill of Jerome again. :csad:
Also, holy ****. Jerome just caused a wide city blackout. Things are gonna go crazy next week. :joker:

Cameron was great, as expected. I might be the only one who got both Nicholson and Ledger vibes from him. I don't exactly see that as a bad thing.

What Nicholson vibes did you get? I just saw a lot of Ledger influence in the performance. Still, he did a great job!

What Nicholson vibes did you get? I just saw a lot of Ledger influence in the performance. Still, he did a great job!

His laugh, mostly. The deep, raspiness of it reminded me a lot of Nicholson's.

Ironically, I watched Batman '89 yesterday. :funny:

Yeah, I got a few vibes of Nicholson as well.

Jerome was great. Good episode.

F%§king awesome episode. Not a single missed note. Not even Jim and Lee bothered me.

I legit stopped watching this show a little after Jerome died, and came back to it tonight just for Jerome. I gotta say, I love how much more consistent it seems tonally ( at least in this episode). It feels much darker. Even the music is darker now.

Just finished the ep and he nailed nearly every single scene he was in.

Really stoked for the midseason finale.

HOLY COW this episode WHUUUUT :up::up::D

this ep is off the charts AMAZING. you can see them ramping up the future big guns-- Joker, Batman, Catwoman. also i ADORE that they've incorporated several Joker homages from the movies and from the comics (ripped face Joker, wow i thought i'd never get to see that on film for at least another decade) and then delivered with such perfection by Cameron. BRAVO!

also much deserved honorable mention-- the guy who played Dwight-- he's also very good :up: also i get a kick out of the fact that he also played a character in The Dark Knight who was also a follower of the Joker yeah?

Wonder if Jerome's presence this season will extend beyond this three-episode arc or if he's about to head to offscreen-ville for awhile.

Wonder if Jerome's presence this season will extend beyond this three-episode arc or if he's about to head to offscreen-ville for awhile.
My bet is on a nice warm chemical bath courtesy of young Bruce Wayne and then reappearing possibly in the closing episodes of the season.

I've been wondering the same thing, especially if the producers really are going to set up Harley Quinn in the season finale.

Will be interesting to see if he does take that chemical dive or if they go some other route.

*adds this because why not lolz*

if theres one thing that bothered me about this ep is that Jerome stapling his face back on wouldnt have allowed him to do much in terms of facial expressions or even talking. he'd be like Dwight where his face would just be superficially sitting on the surface of his facial muscles. it would take long hours and many surgical sessions to reattach nerves, blood vessels and muscles, and even when thats completed, one would need to heal up from that to even begin twitching an eyebrow or lips.

thats all. still loved the ep though :gngl:

Still hoping they don't kill him off again. I'm sorta getting that vibe again from interviews with Gotham producers and that one instagram post Cameron Monaghan deleted.

Anyway, whatever happens, Jerome's actions in this and the next episode will be felt throughout the rest of the season. He literally plunged Gotham into darkness, and the season subtitle changes with 3x15 as Fallen City from then on.

^ I really don't think that should be a concern at this point. Cameron said that it was all planned from the moment he was killed that he would come back so from that alone it would seem they have plans on how they'll use him going forward.

If they didn't, he'd likely have just stayed dead.

at this point, Jerome better be future Joker.

otherwise all of this teasing and build up will be for nothing.

Cameron was definitely channeling Ledger's joker. The voice, the hunched over position and hand gestures

[YT]O6aDU2cPtdo[/YT]

[YT]pusErmW8_qg[/YT]

I'm surprised only a few people picked up on The Office comparison. :funny:

I don't see why some had a problem with him channeling Ledger, he did an amazing job without coming off like a cheap imitation, imo. His laugh, at certain points, also reminds me of Leto's...that slow building cackle. I love it. :D

Edit: Meant to post this in the 3x14 thread, forgive moi. :funny:

Last edited:
Done.

Smile002.JPG

<Doux Reviews> <Smile Like You Mean It>

I don't mind what they're doing, but it's too similar to Ledger's take. If you're gonna borrow, borrow from what's considered a great Joker, sure, but my issue is that a lot of Jerome's tics, mannerisms, and his voice all remind me of Ledger instead of Gotham giving Jerome his own identity. Say what you will about Leto, but I can least say his Joker was different from Ledger, both in design and mannerisms, even if that was for the worst at times.

With Jerome, though, if I close my eyes and just listen, I only hear an imitation of Ledger rather than a Joker standing on his own.
I disagree, I heard a lot of the Nicholson Joker in there too. The Gotham Joker seems like a perfect blend of Jack, Ledger, and Hamill for my tastes.

Oh there's Nicholson in there, for sure, but I hear more Ledger this time around. I heard a better blend of Ledger and Nicholson more so on The Blind Fortune Teller and The Last Laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"