Great scenes in mediocre/poor episodes

The Incredible Hulk

Bad Hombre
Reaction score
Wanted to start a thread to talk about some great/favorite individual scenes that might have gotten lost or forgotten in episodes that left something to be desired.

I was watching the rerun on ABC Family tonight of "Mercy" from Season 5 and although that was a bit of a turkey of an episode with the whole "Saw" thing going on, there a GREAT scene at the end after Clark saves Lionel and Martha in the falling elevator, where Clark comes to Luthorcorp to confront Lionel about knowing his secret, etc.

mercy5.jpg

this is where Lionel confesses to knowing about Clark's secret since "Arrival" and Clark tells him "secret or not stay away from my mother, or you'll wish I never saved your life." It was a pretty bad ass scene that I'd forgotten about and Welling looked pretty intimidating. Dialogue was great, good tension, etc.

What else do you got?

Well, I'll just point out two obvious ones:
The end of Subterranean with Lex walking through the 33.1 one holding cells, and the Martian Manhunter scene in Static.

Wanted to start a thread to talk about some great/favorite individual scenes that might have gotten lost or forgotten in episodes that left something to be desired.

I was watching the rerun on ABC Family tonight of "Mercy" from Season 5 and although that was a bit of a turkey of an episode with the whole "Saw" thing going on, there a GREAT scene at the end after Clark saves Lionel and Martha in the falling elevator, where Clark comes to Luthorcorp to confront Lionel about knowing his secret, etc.

mercy5.jpg

this is where Lionel confesses to knowing about Clark's secret since "Arrival" and Clark tells him "secret or not stay away from my mother, or you'll wish I never saved your life." It was a pretty bad ass scene that I'd forgotten about and Welling looked pretty intimidating. Dialogue was great, good tension, etc.

What else do you got?

OMG!

Mercy was totally awesome!

*pouts*

Oh, well... I can see your point, however.

I think that my favorite scenes in a bad episode was the terrific Family talk on the porch and the terrific death scene of the kid in the otherwise awful Ageless.

...this is where Lionel confesses to knowing about Clark's secret since "Arrival" and Clark tells him "secret or not stay away from my mother, or you'll wish I never saved your life."
Gotta laugh at the original dialog to that scene before DeKnight was told he should tone it down a bit. Went something like, "Stay away from my mother or I'll show you what a Kryptonian is really capable of."

Hee! I almost wished they left that line in - Clark being uber badass, and NOT on RedK? Ouch!

mercy.jpg

What else do you got?
Oh, THIS is easy! The jump in Lucy!

lucy.gif

Clark and Lana watching Looney Tunes cartoons on the barn wall in Craving.

craving_721.jpg

small029d.GIF

Small029j4.JPG

One of my favorite episodes from the show. This scene at the end made me tear up and made my wife cry.:csad:

lol what is so bad about that scene? pretty cool actually
Nothing's bad about it. Well, not from my POV. But others have gotten angry with me for not posting a warning, so I was just being cautious.

(look closer)

;)

The first scene that came INSTANTLY to my mind was the very last, ending scene in the episode "Vengeance" with Clark and Martha watching home videos

GREAT scene for me

Okay... you asked. I warn you this might be disturbing, so click at your own risk!

I'm SERIOUS!

Prodigal

^ Only reason to watch that episode! :D :up:

(LOL@Hulk)

A classic SV moment. We need more of those. :hyper:

The first scene that came INSTANTLY to my mind was the very last, ending scene in the episode "Vengeance" with Clark and Martha watching home videos

GREAT scene for me

Great scene for everyone. Probably the most emotional scene of then entire series.
:up:

Okay... you asked. I warn you this might be disturbing, so click at your own risk!

I'm SERIOUS!

Prodigal

^ Only reason to watch that episode! :D :up:

(LOL@Hulk)

"I HATE snakes" - Indiana Jones........

BTW is there anything that HASN'T gone Welling's way in life??? :mad:

Great scene for everyone. Probably the most emotional scene of then entire series.
vengeance3.jpg

:(

Actually, I liked Prodigal. Jeph Loeb wrote it...

*pouts*
Meh. I thought Lucas was a bore, but the b-ball scene with Pete was great ("Hey, rocket man, we don't want anybody to get hurt!") and Lionel seeing the hole made by Clark's heat vision that melted the grating over his head at the end was wicked sweet! :up:

BTW is there anything that HASN'T gone Welling's way in life??? :mad:
He didn't marry me! What a putz! :rolleyes:

;) :D

Magnetic - The scene where Clark uses his heat vision to melt the ashphalt.

Legacy - The fight between Jonathan Kent and Lionel Luthor.

Crisis - When Clark gets hit by Adam's bullet.

Jinx - When Clark saves Chloe at the end.

Pariah - The scene where Clark snaps and nearly kills the Freak of the Week.

That's all I can think of for now. But there's plenty to come.

The end of Facade at the carnival. Lois "cheats" while Clark is in the dunk tank, they share a look foreshadowing their future romance. Chloe also sees it and instantly knows she no longer has a chance with Clark.

Pariah and Jinx were good episodes, in my mind at least.

For the category of Action, I second the Clark - bridge to truck - leap from Lucy. That was edge of the seat awesomness.

But for the category of Hotness, I have to go to Facade for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"