Series Finale Idea....

SrsBsns

Civilian
Reaction score
Alright, I know this probably doesn't warrant a thread but I didn't know where to post it lol. Sorry.

Lex can absolutely not know his secret. What we know about Smallville's version of Clark Kent is that if he thought the world was at stake by Lex knowing his secret, he would take the risk to somehow wipe out Lex's memories of ever knowing Clark.

Having said that, here's THE end. I'm not sure how it would get to this point JUST yet but Clark, near the last few minutes, gets one gift from Jor-el. He is given the chance to go back and change one thing in the past. He can bring someone he loved back. He can do anything with this. Knowing the effects of time travel in "Reckoning", Clark immediately refuses the idea. As Clark thinks about, he realizes there's one thing he HAS to do. He could never morally allow such a threat like Lex to walk this earth with his secret. Clark takes the crystal and travels to one point in time: the very beginning, the start of it all that day on the bridge. Clark arrives just in time to pull that piece of barbwire or wood or whatever was that causes Lex's tires to pop. Clark is now heartbroken knowing that the freshmen version of himself will never experience the journey that he went through with Lex. Lex was Clark's best friend. Though it ended horribly, Clark and Lex were like brothers. Lex said it himself in "Arctic".

That Clark will now have a somewhat normal life.

Through this, everything in Clark's time changes. Clark remembers all his memories of his life but now....none of it happened. He remained best friends with Chloe and Pete through college. He never told them his secret. Well...maybe. He and Lana always remained acquaintances. Lois never came to Smallville because Chloe never testified against Lionel Luthor. Johnathan Kent does still die by heart problems.

Eventually, Clark makes it to the big city and meets the intrepid rookie report, Lois Lane. This is where our Clark starts now. Heartbroken he must restart from the beginning, yet....is okay because he knows about their destinies to be together.

I know it's a huge leap, but I just thought I'd post it and see if anyone had any thoughts

no, I think that idea seems a little...bad, it would make everything that happened in the last ten years pointless and we all liked(at least some of us) the new take on the Superman mythos

what I think on how the whole Lex thing should be handled is that in the last few seasons of Lex's time on Smallville, a clone of Lex or some sort of Doppleganger was placed so Lex could get away from Lionel and build up his empire and return to take back Metropolis? maybe?

Sorry, but I agree that you can't just wipe clean the past 9 seasons...to me that's just a slap in the face and a cheap way out.

Having said that---I do believe the showrunners have painted themselves in a really bad corner regarding Clark's 'disguise'. It's one that the Al/Miles have hinted they have a solution to, though "some people will like it, others will not".

Who knows if the new showrunners will stick with this idea, scrap it altogether, or try to improve upon it. Any way they go , it will take some very creative storytelling to line us up with the traditional mythos (as they are apparently gradually doing).

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it's not another 'Henry James Olsen' fiasco.

The whole double identity issue is going to be very tricky and I doubt everyone is going to be happy with the potential solution. Everybody knows Clark without the glasses (people from Smallville, Daily Planet co-workers, etc.), so something very drastic has to happen to make Clark use the glasses as a disguise in a way that when he's Superman, people don't see he's the Clark Kent they used to know.

The producers have said they're going to line up with the mythos, for this to happen, they'll have to use "magic" (Zatanna), or time travel, like Clark going back to his high school years and don the glasses so people (including Lois) meet classic Clark Kent. This way they don't have to erase anyone's memory while lining up with the mythos.

its a nice idea but like others that is a major copout and i would hate of they did something like that. The better thing would be either leave it lex knows and lex keeps it to himself. being the old saying the one with knowledge has the power/control. So it could be something he hold over clark and all that. OR they can go lex who blew up was just a clone with lex's memories up to the point in the artic. And the real lex is alive and well but was injuried too and maybe they could say he doesnt remember learning clark is an alien. or something.

As for the identity deal yea that is a tough one to get around. Either it will have to be some sort of magic glasses that causes regular folks to remember clark has always had glasses and then make when he doesnt have glasses on him to look a little different. Or they could play on that rumor i remember hearing prior to the start of this season which was, that jorel maybe alter's the S shield on clark's outfit which causes folks not to see clark kent as the hero.

Last edited:
Alright, I know this probably doesn't warrant a thread but I didn't know where to post it lol. Sorry.

Lex can absolutely not know his secret. What we know about Smallville's version of Clark Kent is that if he thought the world was at stake by Lex knowing his secret, he would take the risk to somehow wipe out Lex's memories of ever knowing Clark.

Having said that, here's THE end. I'm not sure how it would get to this point JUST yet but Clark, near the last few minutes, gets one gift from Jor-el. He is given the chance to go back and change one thing in the past. He can bring someone he loved back. He can do anything with this. Knowing the effects of time travel in "Reckoning", Clark immediately refuses the idea. As Clark thinks about, he realizes there's one thing he HAS to do. He could never morally allow such a threat like Lex to walk this earth with his secret. Clark takes the crystal and travels to one point in time: the very beginning, the start of it all that day on the bridge. Clark arrives just in time to pull that piece of barbwire or wood or whatever was that causes Lex's tires to pop. Clark is now heartbroken knowing that the freshmen version of himself will never experience the journey that he went through with Lex. Lex was Clark's best friend. Though it ended horribly, Clark and Lex were like brothers. Lex said it himself in "Arctic".

Through this, everything in Clark's time changes. Clark remembers all his memories of his life but now....none of it happened. He remained best friends with Chloe and Pete through college. He never told them his secret. Well...maybe. He and Lana always remained acquaintances. Lois never came to Smallville because Chloe never testified against Lionel Luthor. Johnathan Kent does still die by heart problems.

Eventually, Clark makes it to the big city and meets the intrepid rookie report, Lois Lane. This is where our Clark starts now. Heartbroken he must restart from the beginning, yet....is okay because he knows about their destinies to be together.

I know it's a huge leap, but I just thought I'd post it and see if anyone had any thoughts

So you're idea for the series finale is to basically make the whole show a dream? While you're at it why don't we draw away from Smallville and Metropolis to see it's just a part of some autistic kid's snowglobe.

The problem with changing the past so Lex and Clark aren't friends is all the variables. All those countless times Lex helped Clark with some of his situations, heck he's saved his life a few times as well. All that would be changed, for all we know Lana, Chloe, even Clark might have died without their friendship with Lex.

So you're idea for the series finale is to basically make the whole show a dream? While you're at it why don't we draw away from Smallville and Metropolis to see it's just a part of some autistic kid's snowglobe.

I LOVE FOSTERS HOME FOR IMAGINARY CHILDREN. Anyways...

Yeah, I fully realize this would be a big cop out, but like I said, it was just an idea. I don't honestly think AT ALL they would go with that. I just thought I'd post it. I do still think it would be heartbreaking for Clark though...

I just can't help but think that no matter what route they take, it'll be a little disappointing. I really hope they don't do the Zatanna enchanted glasses or something crazy like that.

But yeah, just an idea I thought I'd share.

i personally like it is srsbsns. it's not like it would be a first time they would pull something like this. in fact, it would be the 3rd time (at least).

its not the same thing as a dream because dreams never happen. this isn't the same. Clark (and the audience) fully remembers everything that happens, and it's part of his journey to becoming superman. so the "new take" that some fans like, is still there.

like i said, it wouldn't be the first time the show did it. so i don't know why everyone all of a sudden has a problem with it now.

Last edited:
well to end the show on a major copout like that it would piss off the show fans and i doubt wb/dc would let the show end on that way.

i'm not sure, i mean i wouldn't want a One More Day type of thing, but I would like something.

sure i am not knocking the idea it has some cool thoughts to it. But to end it on a massive wipe and lose out on all the developments we have had would be a foul move to do. And i am sure the producers dont want to do something like that again.

i personally don't think it would be a copout. i do understand the uproar it would cause, but when i was reading his description, man everything just fit into play.

and this whole thing could be just a giant training module for clark. like i said, it's not so much that it never happens. it's not a wipe out. all the events do happen. just more like a reset for the world, not for clark.

and like i said, it wouldn't be the first time. i wouldn't put it past the producers

Last edited:
sure it could work but there is still other things they can do about lex, the whole dual identities and all that.

I don't know, still not real big on the 'easy button' reset idea, though I do agree something pretty drastic is going to have to happen to get this thing lined up and set properly for Superman to appear.

Having said that, if they were to go the reset route the I would want it to happen either at the end of this Season or the start of the next (instead of in the last minutes of the finale as suggested).

That way we could spend a season re-establishing as it were the Smallville universe. This would entail Clark meeting Lois for the first time (and then the beginning of him attempting to win her love).

This could also be the first reappearance of Lex since the explosion (though in this timeline that never occurred). Clark can see now that Lex has moved on to transform LuthorCorp into LexCorp after his father's apparent suicide (which will have played out slightly different than we saw in S7).

They could bring Whitney back and show how he and Lana continued to date through school, etc. (no super-Lana this go around).

At any rate through the reset Clark disassociated himself with all of his rescues (taking the blur approach)...Lex never took notice since there was no bridge accident, etc.

It does open itself up to a lot of possibilities.

Maybe it wouldn't be as bad of a blow to the fans if handled as mentioned above instead of a last minute patch to the disguise problem. Either way, I would love to be a fly on the wall during the Series finale discussions (which you know they've had--probably multiple times).

sure it could work but there is still other things they can do about lex, the whole dual identities and all that.

again, not rushing to write to the producers. just think it's a pretty legit possiblity.

and had they asked me to come up with an ending, that's not what i would have come up with, but can't deny it it kinda works (it's been done in other series, an deven twice in this one, so its' a legit plot point)

how would you do it WH? this is a great thread idea.

Maybe it wouldn't be as bad of a blow to the fans if handled as mentioned above instead of a last minute patch to the disguise problem. Either way, I would love to be a fly on the wall during the Series finale discussions (which you know they've had--probably multiple times)

i agree, it's not as bad as a whole wipeout. he still grew as superman. it's not a dream, more liek an alternate reality.

and he could be given a choice, and we can see him struggling with whether he should do it or not. not just, hey, here's the reset button.

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone. M.O. Steel, like you said, I definitely understand why some fans would be pretty pissed but, then again, I personally don't see it the same as a typical memory wipe.

Webhead, I for sure see your points in why it probably wouldn't work. I really don't mean this in a rude way at all, but I'm completely just wondering if you had any ideas of your own on how to handle this whole thing?

I don't know, still not real big on the 'easy button' reset idea, though I do agree something pretty drastic is going to have to happen to get this thing lined up and set properly for Superman to appear.

Having said that, if they were to go the reset route the I would want it to happen either at the end of this Season or the start of the next (instead of in the last minutes of the finale as suggested).

That way we could spend a season re-establishing as it were the Smallville universe. This would entail Clark meeting Lois for the first time (and then the beginning of him attempting to win her love).

This could also be the first reappearance of Lex since the explosion (though in this timeline that never occurred). Clark can see now that Lex has moved on to transform LuthorCorp into LexCorp after his father's apparent suicide (which will have played out slightly different than we saw in S7).

They could bring Whitney back and show how he and Lana continued to date through school, etc. (no super-Lana this go around).

At any rate through the reset Clark disassociated himself with all of his rescues (taking the blur approach)...Lex never took notice since there was no bridge accident, etc.

It does open itself up to a lot of possibilities.

Maybe it wouldn't be as bad of a blow to the fans if handled as mentioned above instead of a last minute patch to the disguise problem. Either way, I would love to be a fly on the wall during the Series finale discussions (which you know they've had--probably multiple times).
There could be different ways to do this with out resetting the whole universe
With Lex they could have the Lex who died in requiem a clone since Artic since he felt it was dangerous to go down there
They might use the fortress,Martian Manhunter or Saturn Girl to change somepeople's veiw on how his Clark looked like he always wore the glasses he wore Idol or something to make sure that the events in Smallville still hapen without drasticlly changing it
and besides Lex,Lois and Perry met Clark as a young boy in other stories beside Smallville

i would have to think about it for a bit. I dont have a good thought off the top of my head right now. For me personally i do think doing a reset deal at this late in the game would be a dumb move. When with the right story things could fix some of the issues.

So...you're saying that they should basically crap on everything they've established in the past 10 years? Then what was the point?

:dry:

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I want them to take a dump all over it.

because it doesn't do that. everything still happened. the point was that he grew up and become superman. instead of just him deciding one day that he would wear a suit and fly around, he really grew up, and mess everything up on the process.

back to the future still happens. just because everything is back to the way its' supposed to be doesn't mean the rest of the movie got crapped on?

we've seen it done more than the number of times we've seen clark fly...think about it.

and considering some of the crap decisions they have made, it's hardly an insult.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"