Green Arrow series in the works at The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah....no.the part that says its gonna be based on a new world not related to the dc version is kinda were i lose all little fleeting hope of it being any good.kind in the same way as the idea for a punisher tv show.why the **** do people want to make tv versions of comics if there gonna ignore the source material?

:doh:
Not Berlanti and Guggenheim again. Between the Green Lantern movie and "No Ordinary Family", those idiots need to be banned from superheroes for life.

On the CW at least this has a small chance of seeing the light of day. But honestly I have no faith the teams developing these TV adaptations. I expect this will get the same treatment that WW got before dying. They are already reimagining the character. How can they keep pitching superhero properties when they clearly hate the genre?

They should make that Super Max thing into a show. A lot of people seem to be wondering about it now

"..sets him in a new world with an original story that is not based on the comics,..."

Then what's the point of calling it Green Arrow if it's not based on the comics?:whatever:

I do not want this show to be connected to Smallville in any way. I loved Justin as GA but I think we all need a new take on Green Arrow after 5 years of Smallville's version. Also, that would mean that he'd be married to Chloe...and...no. Just no. Secondably, it would be better if they called it Green Arrow rather than just Arrow. That's technically a Smallville episode title. Not also liking the original story bit. Just do a traditional comic book based show for once. Enough with these "reimaginings" and "reboots" and "spin offs".

With this and ABC's attempt to make The Hulk and AKA Jessica Jones TV shows, I'm happy to see superheroes thriving on the small screen. I do wish that they'd make an attempt for a Hawkeye pilot before this CW series about GA is proposed, though, because I always feel that Marvel's purple archer has the potential for a cool TV show.

I...want to watch & like CW...but decisions like this...is why I only watch Supernatural.

No Smallville connection or JH as GA. No thanks.

I do not want this show to be connected to Smallville in any way. I loved Justin as GA but I think we all need a new take on Green Arrow after 5 years of Smallville's version. Also, that would mean that he'd be married to Chloe...and...no. Just no."

And Lionel having killed his parents... and stranded on the island with Tess, and Veritas etc

Smallville's version of Oliver is too tied to Smallville and too divergent from the comics.

They should ideally bring the Grell "Longbow Hunters" version to life, or the JLU version, which was really well received.

I doubt the CW will go for anything as dark and gritty as this unfortunately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzTu-r03vhE

But I think the best way to handle GA is similar to how Nolan did Batman.

This show could really be something special if they do it properly. First, they really need to nail the costume. Especially with the new 52 it shouldnt be that hard to make a version of that on tv that doesn't look cheap. With the money they will be saving on FX they need to invest in good costume design. Not like the wonder woman costume.

He's really a character that it ripe for tv. The good thing about green arrow is that you aren't that tied to the comics because most of GA's comics aren't very good and he doesn't have the baggage that superman and batman have. Mainly fans bickering all the time about changes.

You can also have a great mix of villains, from the corporate type, to low level thugs, to super villains.

Lots of potential with green arrow, but I'll wait and see because there has yet to be a great superhero adaptation.

Just cause some esarly comments say new world, different from comics. Doesn't mean it will be that once show goes into production. More so if nore different producers come on board with seires, plus if dc comics writers work on show. Its bound to take things from comics. Just like sv did. Just put there own spin on things again like sv did. Also yes cw was bad befoee. But that was dawn o and her female demo she wanted. We yet to see what the new president is like and we know he is gunho for dc stuff and genre shows like spn.

The CW making shows for Men would blow my mind. Their lineup seems like the estrogen network.

So Marvel's Hawkeye will appear in the superhero teamup movie The Avengers on the big screen, while DC's Green Arrow will get a show on CW. Which superhero has it better, in your opinion?

One superhero will be little more than a background character to much bigger and better superheroes in The Avengers, while the other will be the star of his own show. Which superhero has it better, in your opinion?

I do not want this show to be connected to Smallville in any way. I loved Justin as GA but I think we all need a new take on Green Arrow after 5 years of Smallville's version. Also, that would mean that he'd be married to Chloe...and...no. Just no. Secondably, it would be better if they called it Green Arrow rather than just Arrow. That's technically a Smallville episode title. Not also liking the original story bit. Just do a traditional comic book based show for once. Enough with these "reimaginings" and "reboots" and "spin offs".

I share the sentiment with Prison Mike in regards to this series.

One superhero will be little more than a background character to much bigger and better superheroes in The Avengers, while the other will be the star of his own show. Which superhero has it better, in your opinion?

Hawkeye of course. It doesn't matter if he isn't front and center during the whole movie. The fact that he will be seen in a huge blockbuster event is enough publicity. Green Arrow will be lucky if it gets 3 million viewers.

lets see :

CW Network LOL
The guys who brought us Green Lantern and No Ordinary Family
not following comic stories

yeah dont have high hopes at all

In terms of people who will see it, sure. But in terms of story, if this series goes forward, GA will be front and center, and God willing, getting his story told accurately. Hawkeye will more than likely be referred to by everyone not familiar with the comics as just "The guy who shoots arrows and steals screentime from Cap and Iron Man".

lets see :

CW Network LOL
The guys who brought us Green Lantern and No Ordinary Family
not following comic stories

yeah dont have high hopes at all

Don't LOL at it being on the CW just yet. They've got a new guy trying to turn things around after the mess the last head of the network made of things.

But, yeah, the other two things are cause for concern.

The Avengers' appearance would introduce millions of moviegoers around the world to Hawkeye, and it may springboard to other opportunities in the future. And CW is still the CW, which is a network that hardly anybody sees. At least ABC is now committing to making superhero TV shows, and they have much bigger market shares than CW does, so if they ever want to make one about Hawkeye he'd have it better than GA does.

CW is hardly a network nobody sees

if it was shows like smallville and vampire diaries would'nt of been huge success

Well...they're a huge success for the CW. Any other network, they would have been cancelled years ago.

Yeah, The CW essentially gets basic cable numbers, and yet it's still considered the fifth network.

Yay! Another example of taking a hero out of his element...I'm an open mind kind of guy and GA is my favorite DC hero next to Bats, Nightwing and Flash. This news has me excited on the idea that DC is putting more of it's heroes out there but at the same time is stemming away from the source material like Fox's proposed Punisher TV series.

Wait and see mind set for now but I won't hold my breath. And while Hartley's Ollie was badass I'd prefer to them go with someone else.

On the Hawkeye/GA debate I know a lot of people who'd choose Clint over Oliver. At the same time Hawkeye has Jeremy Renner. Academy Award Nominee, one of fastest growing names in the industry right now and a few blockbusters under his belt. A Hawkeye TV show would work in the sense that his origin is not hard and he has a relationship with almost all of the MU's heavy hitters. There's also a chance of a Hawkeye film which Renner seems to be open to.

Who knows though, maybe we'll see Clint pop up in that Mockingbird series if it ever gets picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"