Green Arrow

tQdxaYO.jpg

BLACK CANARY #4
Written by BRENDEN FLETCHER
Art by PIA GUERRA
Cover by ANNIE WU
GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
On sale SEPTEMBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
Guest artist Pia Guerra (Y: THE LAST MAN) joins the series! Dinah is on the hunt for her kidnapped guitarist, Ditto, and when she finds the person responsible, you better believe she’ll make them pay! Also: Uncover the secret of the band’s former singer, and how she plans to exact revenge on them for kicking her out!

GREEN ARROW #44
Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
Art and cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by NEAL ADAMS
On sale SEPTEMBER 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
The secret mythology of Green Arrow’s new pet wolf is revealed—plus Oliver’s women troubles escalate as Tarantula bullies her way into his life, demanding his help in the battle against the skeletons.
Sgz0Ty3.jpg

GREEN ARROW ANNUAL #1
Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
Art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS
On sale SEPTEMBER 30 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
It’s Halloween in Seattle, which means it’s time for celebration—but a real threat lurks amid the fake blood and fangs, and a single scratch can transform its victims into rabid beasts! Can Green Arrow prevent the outbreak—or will he become another casuality?

1oEEvaJ.jpg

DC COMICS COVER GIRLS: BLACK CANARY STATUE
DESIGNED BY STANLEY "ARTGERM" LAU
SCULPTED BY JACK MATHEWS
Black Canary bursts onto the music scene in the pages of her new solo series—and now she’s one of DC’s cover girls, as designed by Stanley “Artgerm” Lau!
Limited Edition of 5,200
Measures Approximately 9.75" Tall
$100.00 US • On Sale January 2016 * Allocations May Occur 151
DC_CvrGrls_Black_Canary_Lau.jpg

BIRDS OF PREY VOL. 1 TP
Written by CHUCK DIXON and JORDAN GORFINKEL
Art by GARY FRANK, MATT HALEY, DICK GIORDANO, GREG LAND and others
Cover by MATT HALEY and WADE VON GRAWBADGER
On sale OCTOBER 7 • 296 pg, FC, $19.99 US
In BLACK CANARY/ORACLE: BIRDS OF PREY #1, BIRDS OF PREY: REVOLUTION #1, BIRDS OF PREY: MANHUNT #1-4, BIRDS OF PREY: WOLVES #1, BIRDS OF PREY: BATGIRL #1 and SHOWCASE ‘96 #3, Oracle must help Catwoman take down a Catwoman impersonator, Black Canary invades Santa Prisca to stop a slavery ring, and Black Canary pursues a felon with secrets that could be deadly, and more.

birds_of_prey_v1.jpg

Man I really loved the last issue...the DC You Preview/ZeroIssue didn't convince me too much, but this:
-Zirchers art is a beauty in it's simplicity...quite different from Sorrentino but with the same visual power
-I dig the kin of slow, morbid pace and the good balance between action and story
-and then: GA is finally political again! Not only as a character - Oliver starts questioning his choices, his roots ("I didn't listen to the streets") and finally screams the word "fascist" to someone...well something in this case...again! - but also as a title: A new villain who seems to be a white supremacist, an anti profiling storyline and a link to actual contemporary struggles (the riots of the African-American community) in a style that is very reminescent of O'Neil and Adams!

If Percy and Zircher continue like this this might become one of the best GA books ever after the Kevin Smith/Brad Meltzer/ Judd Winnick era
(ok I might be overstating let's see if it stays this good).

"We're going to talk about new DC books and the first one is mine," said Fletcher when the presentation showed "Black Canary." "Dinah Lance was one of the supporting characters in 'Batgirl' and we didn't want to make it 'Birds of Prey' so we put her in a rock band, and this is that series. It's drawn by the incredible Annie Wu who couldn't be with us today. This is rock and roll, kung fu road trip. It's her on the road, singing songs as her day job just like Clark Kent goes to the Daily Planet... Issue #2 comes out next week." Fletcher said that issue #2 will feature Dinah showing her human band mates the super hero ropes. "The first few issues will focus on what this band is and how they can stay together," said Fletcher. "In issues #4 and #5, someone new will take the stage and maybe this will be the next new villain for Black Canary."
Updating...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-dcs-upstarts-talk-black-canary-midnighter-more

I like what Percy is trying to do making Ollie more in line with classic social crusader Ollie but the execution has been inconsistent and partly shoddy.

His voice for Ollie is awkward at best and borderline parody at worse. This character works when there is a balance between seriousness and irreverence. Not when you go all the way serious. The tone of the title and it's numerous shifts need a lot of work and polishing.

There were also so many better ways for him to make the point he tried to make with this arc in terms of tropes and theme in a way that wasn't so pretentious.

I do have to say that Emiko is a nice addition to Ollie's supporting cast from what I saw of her in this past arc. Also really liking George the Wolf and look forward to reading the issue focused on him which I finally got to pick up yesterday.

I am really liking Percy's run so far. Second best run on the title after Lemire in my opinion.

The annual and issue 45 were good. The villains and their mythology were weird.

Bleeding Cool reports that Green Arrow will be the next canned title.

I've been underwhelmed with Percy's run so far. I only read the first arc, though. The current Tarantula arc any good/better?

I hope it will just be on a haitus until a new creative team takes over. It's doubtful that DC would completely get rid of the GA title.

ok so does anyone else have a problem with him just completely killing all those people in the latest issue?
I mean come on, it's not like he couldn't just knock them out right?

Yes it annoyed me too. Not because I'm against him killing but it had no reason and wasn't further explained.
I must say even though I really liked Percy's first arc, despite ist inconcistencies here and there, I do not like this Tarantula arc. The villain has no apparent motivation, too many new secondary characters are introduced (complitely ignoring the old ones) and it just doen't hook me somehow...
But as a total GA fan I'd be pissed if they cann the title...even though I'm even more pissed if they don't manage to find a direction for the character for the third time since the New 52...

What was the scenerio behind Lemire and his artist leaving? That run was building into something beyond epic. One of the worst things DC did was let that end followed by not keeping up that direction.

I think Lemire was just too busy and Sorrentino became a Marvel-exclusive artist. I liked their run a looot, even though I would have liked them to slightly change Oliver's character into someone a bit more competent and socially aware (really what's the point of having him lose his company if life for him just goes on as usual).

Ok so this latest issue (47)...were those guys Zombies? Cause they should've explained that sooner (like when he was killing them in issue 46).
Why shows us all that backstory when they made it simple for Ollie to understand?
Why is he suddenly in love with Tarantula? That seems completely out of NOWHERE! This writing just seems so forced. I understand him going through all this for George (who I actually really like), but why even have a connection with Tarantula after this? She betrayed you, who cares if you slept with her? Yeah she came back, but she still traded him without explaining anything.
ugh I haven't liked tarantula as a character EVER. Especially since she is just used to seduce heroes into doing her bidding for a story arc. (Nightwing anyone?)
Some good action shots in this though and the art is decent.
Just get us back to the city and with his sister. That was actually an interesting dynamic.

after this arc I'm really missing Lemire and Sorrentino. I doubt we'll get quality stories like that from Green Arrow for quite some time.

http://www.newsarama.com/27857-gree...y-on-metaphors-politics-ollie-s-pet-wolf.html

so he's probably finally meeting Black Canary, keeping the beard for good and (more in sync with Arrow, but also like the second last Run pre-52 and during Future's End) also developping a rivalery with Deathstroke.

I must say I'm liking the Warg storyline much more than the Mexico one. Hopefully it gets better and better...

I wouldn't be surprised if it is reintroducing Felicity. Would love it if it were Black Canary but won't get my hopes up. Don't know why writers feel like they can't break characters up, have them move on for a time and reunite them again or have them decide to not be in a relationship for a time being.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is reintroducing Felicity. Would love it if it were Black Canary but won't get my hopes up. Don't know why writers feel like they can't break characters up, have them move on for a time and reunite them again or have them decide to not be in a relationship for a time being.

Percy says he dropped hints in previous issues about who it will be. In many issues you can see BC-Posters in Emis room and Ollie says a couple of times that he can't stand her music. Felicity wasn't hinted at whatsoever.
Get your hopes up ;)

I'm really enjoying the Ninth Circle story so far, although I am a little confused about why Shado is doing what she is. They worked so well together during the Outsiders War...is that still canon?

I'm really enjoying the Ninth Circle story so far, although I am a little confused about why Shado is doing what she is. They worked so well together during the Outsiders War...is that still canon?

Ninth Circle bought her debt and are basically blackmailing her through Emiko. She doesn't really want to fight Oliver, but she's honor bound.

Green Arrow has been one of the best DC books since rebirth.

Top 10 Green Arrow Stories You’ve Never Read
[YT]/8BofhhPuF34[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"