• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Green Arrow

After reading a lot of good stuff about the Lemire run (mostly from this thread) I bought the 2 volumes and I really enjoyed it. Then I decided to read the first three volumes of New 52 and I am halfway through the second volume now and I already regret buying it.
The art is rather boring and Oliver is such a jerk and the stories are not interesting at all.
Once volume 6 comes out I will read it and I hope the new guys will keep up the quality that came with Lemire and Sorrentino.

So I finally got my act together and finished volume 3 (all the issues up until Lemire joined) and god what a mess it all was compared to Lemire's run.
Some issues had a different artist for every other page so the art was all over the place and every issue felt pretty much stand-alone.
I am so looking forward to them releasing volume 6, which is due in may I believe.

So I finally got my act together and finished volume 3 (all the issues up until Lemire joined) and god what a mess it all was compared to Lemire's run.
Some issues had a different artist for every other page so the art was all over the place and every issue felt pretty much stand-alone.
I am so looking forward to them releasing volume 6, which is due in may I believe.

That's a bad thing?

Yeah.

[grumpy old man voice]Back in my day that's how it was done[/grumpy old man voice]

With that said I'll stick to my Van Dyke sporting Green Arrow comics.

I'm not going to even bother with the first 3 volumes.

I am really disliking this new direction from the book.
Felicity is just annoying. I want Queen to be responsible for fighting and catching bad guys. I want him to take down baddies by himself. he doesn't need Diggle and he doesn't need a tech expert. The show works cause it's an hour long and acting is bearable. but having to mash these characters into a short comic takes too much time away from GREEN ARROW!! It's his comic, why is he on the sidelines most pages?

I'm just going to wait for the new talent after Convergence to return to reading this book. I loved Lemire's stint.

I'm just going to wait for the new talent after Convergence to return to reading this book. I loved Lemire's stint.

d0dpWAL.png

yes yes

Green Arrow 35 23,346
Green Arrow 36 21,842
Green Arrow 37 20,904
Green Arrow 38 20,207

more drop

Ben Percy said
Green Arrow will feel like a movie in your hands. @PatrickZircher draws the way cinematographer John Alcott (2001, The Shining) sees.
and Patrick Zircher said
Do not tell DC I'm having this much fun.
and
The days when you work on a title for the first time are great days-- there's an electric buzz to them, every time.

Let’s conclude this interview with a question about Green Arrow. You have already written two comics starring Batman, and you are about to tackle Green Arrow in an ongoing comics series. Is there anything you would like to share with us about your hopes or goals for writing Green Arrow’s adventures?

I can’t say too much—I’m not supposed to talk content or characters—but I will say that Patch Zircher and I are taking the series in a new direction. It has zero connection to the television show. We will be incorporating some of the Jeff Lemire mythology. The aesthetic will be dark and literary and packed with arresting visuals (Patch draws the way cinematographer John Alcott sees.) The other day Patch said to me, “You know what happened to James Bond when Daniel Craig took over? This is like that.” I sure hope people enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.

This is an exciting beginning for me, and my goal is not only to nail Green Arrow, but to pitch some original ideas and take on assignments in other established series. I love writing comics; this is, corny as this sounds, a dream come true. Especially compared to the Hollywood nightmare. Writers don’t get a lot of respect out there. If you don’t do what the brass ask of you, they simply fire you and bring someone else on board. And every project moves so, so slowly, prohibited by actor availability, special effects costs, endless and conflicting producer notes. Comics are so freeing, so pure by comparison. And the creative partnership—between artist and writer—is the most rewarding collaboration I’ve ever experienced.

http://nothingbutcomics.net/2015/03/03/percy/

^^ YES!!
Arrow works on TV cause it's a much different medium (spelling?)
But comics can be so much grander and more fun that you don't need soap opera ish...relationships and super fast annoyingly witty characters that reference twitters and bookfaces and such...
I've gotten so old...

GREEN ARROW #41
Written by BEN PERCY
Art and cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
THE JOKER Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Green Arrow returns to Seattle to find the city in chaos! What's causing this destruction, and can Ollie stop it before it spreads beyond the city?

GA_41.jpg

GREEN ARROW #41
Written by BEN PERCY
Art and cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
THE JOKER Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Green Arrow returns to Seattle to find the city in chaos! What's causing this destruction, and can Ollie stop it before it spreads beyond the city?

GA_41.jpg

Really can't wait for their run to start. The current one is crap.

Can't wait to see Ollie get his toe caught in his baggy pants as he runs across a rooftop while trying to pull an arrow from the quiver hanging on the wrong side of his body and down by his waist...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"