Riverdale Greg Berlanti's Riverdale - Archie Comics-Based Drama on CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hope he has a massive food issue.

"Issue"? lol please. His only food issue is that he doesn't have enough of it. :o

Ugh, waiting till midseason is not a good look CW!

I could live with midseason, even if I'm not happy about it. Midseason debut worked out well enough for The 100 and iZombie.

What I do think is bulls*** is scamming us out of a trailer, though the actress that plays Betty said on Twitter that they're recutting the trailer for a wide audience, rather than giving us the same one they dropped at the Upfronts. Hopefully that comes sooner rather than later.

I wonder if it just means a scene of Betty and Veronica in bikinis or if somebody thought this was too similar to One Tree Hill.

Looks on Twitter like Nichole Beattie, who wrote for the third and fourth seasons of TWD, is part of the writing staff.

Also seen quite a bit of good response from those who have been able to watch the pilot, making me ever so slightly more furious that it won't be on in the fall.

ClMO35wUYAAA6Fm.jpg:large

Still waiting for that f***ing trailer tho. :o

Really trying to grasp the logic of not releasing a goddamn trailer at this point. None for upfronts? Whatever. But it's Comic-Con. Do something to make the people at home give a s***.

They've done midseason trailers before, so they really could have put on out with the other fall shows in May, but it was extra dumb not to do one for Comic Con. Reviews of the pilot hit Twitter right and left, but who gives a rat's ass if you haven't seen as much as a frame of footage?

Barb from Stranger Things has been cast as Ethel Muggs. Robin Givens (former Mrs. Mike Tyson) is Riverdale's Mayor/Josie's mom.

It seems like at some point in time the thread title should have been changed to:
Riverdale - Archie Comics-Based Drama Coming To The CW From Greg Berlanti

Figured this was coming, but am glad it's official...

Archie Announces Riverdale Tie-In Comic
“The chance to explore the world of Riverdale in a comic book — the form that first introduced the world to Archie, the love triangle, his hometown — was something we couldn’t pass up,” Aguirre-Sacasa said with regard to the announcement. “Believe me, these stories matter. If you’re a fan of the show, you’ll find that the comics add another layer of conflict and drama. If you’re an Archie Comics fan, this series will serve as a great set of standalone stories in the universe of the TV series. We — myself and the show’s writers — are treating the comics with the same care and attention to detail fans will see on the screen as we weave one, large unforgettable narrative.”

tumblr_oeku2qnALf1v4v6nso6_1280.jpg

tumblr_oeku2qnALf1v4v6nso5_1280.jpg

tumblr_oeku2qnALf1v4v6nso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oeku2qnALf1v4v6nso2_1280.jpg

CuAwdAkW8AEZkyQ.jpg

CuA4pqWWEAI3-zd.jpg

CuApiBjUEAE7w_s.jpg

CuApiBkVIAAyJZ1.jpg

CuAlfpiXEAA_Iv2.jpg

Nice. Looking forward to the show and the comic.

'Looking' Star Raul Castillo Joins The CW's 'Riverdale' (Exclusive)
Castillo will play Oscar, a serious, successful songwriter from New York who is also a visiting professor at Carson College, located in Riverdale. Cool and exacting, Oscar agrees to audition Archie in the hopes of possibly mentoring the aspiring singer-songwriter – but does Archie have true musical chops? Castillo will make his series debut in episode five.

Hits January 26th, in a post-Supernatural timeslot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"