Riverdale Greg Berlanti's Riverdale - Archie Comics-Based Drama on CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Habel is rumoured to be playing Miss Grundy, who in the comics, is an old English teacher lady.

I guess that is the character that Archie slept with according to the pilot script.

Archie slept with Miss Grundy.

Something I never thought I'd say about Archie Comics.

God bless the CW.

Please don't ask me why I'm having dreams about shows that don't even really exist yet, but I had a dream that Kelsey Grammer was playing Hiram Lodge and now I can't unsee it.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/pilots-2016-buzz-apb-conviction-1201745460/
Greg Berlanti continues to march toward a fourth comic-based series on the CW with Riverdale flying high. Beyond that, monster drama Transylvania and the paranormal drama from Kevin Williamson look solid, while love story No Tomorrow, the only CW pilot with no genre hook, also has fans. There has been less feedback on the Mars project, which I hear underwent some reshoots, and the Frequency reboot.

Why does TheCW waste their money on all these pilots? They will probably burn like 2 of these off on fridays.

Nice. I'm looking forward to this.

tumblr_o7348e0Ukm1qlcib9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o73jfe0sVY1rp85nwo1_500.png

tumblr_o73jfe0sVY1rp85nwo2_500.png

I so see Archie, Veronica, Jughead and Betty in that pic. Looks great.

I've been reading through the thread and liking all the other casting too. Reggie still seems like comic book Reggie even though he's Asian.

Josie and the Pussycats seems cool too though it's kinda funny that the only black character in the comics Pussycats is being played by the one with light skin. They always cast light skinned girls as black comic book characters, oh well at least Melody and Josie are representing for darker skinned girls :p

All in all, the show seems very on brand for CW and reminds me of a few years ago when they had a lot of popular teen dramas.

As much as I'm looking forward to this, I really hope the Miss Grundy casting ends up being a Tommy Merlyn/Eddie Thawne kind of thing, where they've got the name that alludes to the comic character, but don't end up being the actual counterpart. Like she gets fired after whatever the hell is going on with Archie comes to light and then her mother takes over her old position at the school and makes Archie's life a living hell.

tumblr_lk8h03deFT1qi8qoxo1_400.gif

This s*** was the frontrunner of all CW pilots and they decide to hold it until midseason? Wut. The. ****.

Anyway....

Ci0omhkUgAAk6nL.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/CWRiverdaleNews?lang=en
tierney bricker
‏@tbrick2

#riverdale is twin peaks meets gossip girl and I already love it. #CWUpfronts
Billy Nilles
‏@BillyNillesDUH

#Riverdale looks bananas, but I am already obsessing over it. I want that weird Twin Peaks version of Archies world now. #CWUpfronts
Samantha Highfill
‏@samhighfill

#Riverdale trailer also intriguing. It's a good year for The CW. #CWUpfronts
Jarett Wieselman
‏@JarettSays

#Riverdale trailer reveals a much darker, insidious, and stylized series than I was expecting. Real hyped for this one now. #CWUpfronts
Eric Goldman
‏@TheEricGoldman

The #TwinPeaks feel on #Riverdale in trailer are pretty big. The use of the 1950s high school imagery and dreamy vibe stand out.
Andy Swift
‏@AndySwift

Just saw the #Riverdale trailer -- consider my mind blown. How is this the darkest show on The CW?!
Mike Cecchini
‏@wayoutstuff

Holy moley, #Riverdale looks bonkers! They weren't kidding about the Twin Peaks vibe. #CWUpfronts
Greg Berlanti
‏@GBerlanti

For folks asking @WriterRAS's #Riverdale has as much "heart" as it does "edge". Can't wait for everyone to see the pilot.

Oh, and no f***ing trailer. So that's fun... :o

Stop whining Sawyer. Well get the trailer when we get it.

If you're going to attempt telling me what to do, you can at least learn the difference between "Well" and "We'll".

Lol you right

I think you can blame Supergirl for that.

The CBS shows are an anchor dragging the rest of the network down.

Look at the ratings from this year for the Warner shows vs the CBS ones
The Flash: 1.37 (WB)
Arrow: 0.95 (WB)
Legends of Tomorrow: 0.81 (WB)
Supernatural: 0.71 (WB)
iZombie: 0.53 (WB)
Containment: 0.50 (WB) (cancelled)
The 100: 0.48 (WB)
The Vampire Diaries: 0.46 (WB, but with a CBS co-production credit)
The Originals 0.38 (WB, but with a CBS co-production credit)
Jane the Virgin: 0.37 (CBS)
Reign: 0.30 (CBS)
Crazy ex-Girlfriend: 0.30 (CBS)

And the new shows for next year
Supergirl (WB)
Riverdale (WB)
Frequency (WB)
No Tomorrow (CBS)

I wish they could just drop CBS and go back to being the WB.

This and Preacher were easily my most anticipated new shows and they push this one to midseason. Why? And iZombie too? *hits thing. HARD*

Well, at least we get Preacher very soon.

Just watched the leaked traier. LOVE.

The CBS shows are an anchor dragging the rest of the network down.

Look at the ratings from this year for the Warner shows vs the CBS ones
The Flash: 1.37 (WB)
Arrow: 0.95 (WB)
Legends of Tomorrow: 0.81 (WB)
Supernatural: 0.71 (WB)
iZombie: 0.53 (WB)
Containment: 0.50 (WB) (cancelled)
The 100: 0.48 (WB)
The Vampire Diaries: 0.46 (WB, but with a CBS co-production credit)
The Originals 0.38 (WB, but with a CBS co-production credit)
Jane the Virgin: 0.37 (CBS)
Reign: 0.30 (CBS)
Crazy ex-Girlfriend: 0.30 (CBS)

And the new shows for next year
Supergirl (WB)
Riverdale (WB)
Frequency (WB)
No Tomorrow (CBS)

I wish they could just drop CBS and go back to being the WB.

So for the moment The Flash, Arrow, and Legends are the CW's bread and butter?

So for the moment The Flash, Arrow, and Legends are the CW's bread and butter?

Oh, without question. Same will be true for Supergirl next season.

Flash is the most successful show the network has ever had.

It bodes well that Riverdale is from Greg Berlanti. He's executive producer of all five Arrowverse shows on CW (Flash, Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, and Vixen on CW Seed) so he's got some pretty significant pull. if it comes down to Riverdale and one other show for a renewal, Berlanti would probably tip the scales in favor of Riverdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"