Riverdale Greg Berlanti's Riverdale - Archie Comics-Based Drama on CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw trailer. Unsure what to think... It could be great or it could be a disaster. People were complaining that Batman and Superman went too dark despite having numerous dark comic tales. Archie to my knowledge has never been this dark so I imagine many will be up in arms over this as well. It reminds me of those fake trailers that make a happy film into a horror trailer such as the classic Mary Poppins trailer alteration. That's what it feels like. Interesting because it is so different. But severely off because it's these characters and it feels like having fun at the expense of others.

Last edited:
Oh, without question. Same will be true for Supergirl next season.

Flash is the most successful show the network has ever had.

It bodes well that Riverdale is from Greg Berlanti. He's executive producer of all five Arrowverse shows on CW (Flash, Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, and Vixen on CW Seed) so he's got some pretty significant pull. if it comes down to Riverdale and one other show for a renewal, Berlanti would probably tip the scales in favor of Riverdale.

Is it time for CW to rename itself the Berlanti Network? :D

The CBS shows are an anchor dragging the rest of the network down.

I have to agree, CBS having to have their share of shows is probably the reason Riverdale got the shaft. That being said I am still surprised Frequency(WB) got chosen over this

Trailer was pretty cool.

Just watched the trailer on YouTube. I didn't realize the show was going to be that dark, but wow, I'm definitely loving it. Why mid-season, why??

I was expecting it to be a very light filmed show, very sunny, just with darkness in it, this looks REALLY dark. I'm interested to see how it turns out, though this reminds me of the Carrie Diaries, shouldn't be held back for mid season.

For the people who wish this wasn't being held for midseason, what would you have held back instead?

Is this at all what the comics are like?

No Tomorrow.

Yeah, that show isn't gonna do well. It looks to be in the same league as Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and putting a show like that behind the top-rated show on the network will only make it's ratings look worse by comparison.

I don't know that I'd necessarily say that it should've been pushed to midseason, but with as many shows as the network has now, they really gotta start putting s*** on Sundays again.

Is this at all what the comics are like?

The pilot's writer has been very clear that this show was going to sort of play like Archie meets Twin Peaks. Just like Afterlife With Archie (which he also wrote) is Archie meets The Walking Dead.

Yeah, that show isn't gonna do well. It looks to be in the same league as Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and putting a show like that behind the top-rated show on the network will only make it's ratings look worse by comparison.

I don't know that I'd necessarily say that it should've been pushed to midseason, but with as many shows as the network has now, they really gotta start putting s*** on Sundays again.

I don't know why they don't start making 30min dramaedy shows. JtV/Ex-Gf/NT seem perfect for that format.

Yeah, I actually would not mind if this came on after Flash if it is really similar to Afterlife with Archie or Buffy. this No Tomorrow is not a good fit for that timeslot at all.

So is there any chance of Sabrina? Or a Afterlife with Archie Halloween gimmick?

The writer said there would be Afterlife with Archie episodes every Halloween, but considering the show is midseason, I think we're all going to have to hope that any potential season would air in the fall.

I saw it on Twitter last night. I haven't gone looking to see if it's still there.

They're probably never going to get Sundays back. They gave that airtime back to the local affiliates.

Shows that do under a ~0.5 actually do lower ratings than syndicated repeats of stuff like Seinfeld or Simpsons for most CW affiliates, so they'd rather air those or local news broadcasts.

Same reason they're never going to expand into the 10:00 PM hour.

If the CW is going to expand anywhere, it'll likely be Saturday nights as the average ratings then are so low anyway the affiliates aren't going to be bothered if a show is putting up bad numbers.

Is the trailer still out there? I can't seem to find it

It can still be found (I'm being careful here because I don't know that the moderators want me pointing toward it). The one I've seen isn't great quality, but I don't know if the original leak was, either.

Advice: just check 'riverdale' and 'archie' in video hosting sites. I searched google and had a really hard time finding it. I used a video hosting site and it was clearly labeled actually.

The one I watched on YouTube is gone now.

I hope this goes for a Desperate Housewives - Season 1 vibe...

tumblr_o7g1zg8gc21vqtiz2o1_400.gif
tumblr_o7g1zg8gc21vqtiz2o2_400.gif

tumblr_o7g1zg8gc21vqtiz2o3_400.gif
tumblr_o7g1zg8gc21vqtiz2o4_400.gif

tumblr_o7g1zg8gc21vqtiz2o5_400.gif
tumblr_o7g1zg8gc21vqtiz2o6_400.gif

Ugh, waiting till midseason is not a good look CW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"