• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grey's Anatomy- Season 5

I had read somewhere back in January that Knight was going to leave the show, while as early as last month, Heigl's status was unknown.

I had read somewhere back in January that Knight was going to leave the show, while as early as last month, Heigl's status was unknown.

I read the same. While it may not be "confirmed" from Heigl's camp, the fact that she's now successfully doing movies leads me to believe she'll leave the show. Film is a step up for her, and her career seems to be blossoming in that respect. I'm sorry to lose T.R. Knight, though.

So how did George's story end? I stopped watching around episode 9 and I want to be spoiled. :o

So how did George's story end? I stopped watching around episode 9 and I want to be spoiled. :o

This is what happened:

George, having shown an affinity for trauma, was inclined to enlist in the army. When this was revealed in the last ep, the other characters wanted to stage an intervention later that evening after everyone's shift. One of the side stories featured a newly-disfigured man who had just saved a stranger's life by preventing her from stepping into traffic and in turn getting hit by a bus. We don't find out until the last 5 or so minutes that this is in fact GEORGE--the chief had sent him home early that day to spend time with the fam before shipping out. In the revelatory scene, the disfigured patient grabs Mer's hand and starts tracing something on her palm--"007." That's when it clicks in that the John Doe is GEORGE.

The ep ends with the team struggling to save both Izzie and George, respectively. We end with one of those "dream" or "spirit" sequences where Izzie, in her pink prom dress, gets in an elevator. The doors open to reveal George, in military uniform and head crew-cut, smiling and ready to join her.

I'm fairly certain that, while we don't actually end seeing them flatline, that they're goners--the "dream/spirit" sequences confirms it.

I thought it seemed like Hiegel was the one who may be able to come back. Since she hadn't actually [blackout] gotten off the spiritual elevator yet[/blackout]

This is what happened:

George, having shown an affinity for trauma, was inclined to enlist in the army. When this was revealed in the last ep, the other characters wanted to stage an intervention later that evening after everyone's shift. One of the side stories featured a newly-disfigured man who had just saved a stranger's life by preventing her from stepping into traffic and in turn getting hit by a bus. We don't find out until the last 5 or so minutes that this is in fact GEORGE--the chief had sent him home early that day to spend time with the fam before shipping out. In the revelatory scene, the disfigured patient grabs Mer's hand and starts tracing something on her palm--"007." That's when it clicks in that the John Doe is GEORGE.

The ep ends with the team struggling to save both Izzie and George, respectively. We end with one of those "dream" or "spirit" sequences where Izzie, in her pink prom dress, gets in an elevator. The doors open to reveal George, in military uniform and head crew-cut, smiling and ready to join her.

I'm fairly certain that, while we don't actually end seeing them flatline, that they're goners--the "dream/spirit" sequences confirms it.

Thanks, I might start watching it again now just because that sounds like such a proper sendoff. :heart: I've almost got hours of free time on my hands so, sweet, something nice to look forward to. :o

greys was in-freaking-sane! i really hope that one of them lives! preferably Izzie. but i feel like George has so much left to do in the show! him and Lexie dont seem to be done, their whole arc just dropped off the planet! and i wanted George and Callie to finally actually talk. THEY USED TO BE MARRIED FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!

George pretty much did nothing this whole season. his relationships with everyone were practically gone. even with Izzie and Meredith.

Knight wasn't happy and was being very verbal about not being happy....when you do that in a show like Greys its easy to just shove you to the back....Im guessing the reason the George/Lexie (who I dont like anyway) thing was dropped was because the decision for him to go

I thought it seemed like Hiegel was the one who may be able to come back. Since she hadn't actually [blackout] gotten off the spiritual elevator yet[/blackout]

Knight wasn't happy and was being very verbal about not being happy....when you do that in a show like Greys its easy to just shove you to the back....Im guessing the reason the George/Lexie (who I dont like anyway) thing was dropped was because the decision for him to go

I still believe Heigl wanted out as much as Knight did. Point taken with the [BLACKOUT]elevator scene[/BLACKOUT], but I think she's pretty much ready to leave, movie career and all.

I figured early on that something was going on with Knight, seeing as he got about 2 lines of dialogue every show, if that. I think the show suffered from the "too many characters" syndrome and it was hard to afford enough screen time/story lines to each of the characters. Hopefully, with the pair's departure, we can get back to better developing the existing cast. Get things back to the excellence of seasons 1 and 2.

Thanks, I might start watching it again now just because that sounds like such a proper sendoff. :heart: I've almost got hours of free time on my hands so, sweet, something nice to look forward to. :o

Np. I missed about 4 or 5 eps before catching this one, but I've read summaries so I know the jist of what happened. I think the circumstances surrounding George's fate were appropriate and true to his character--not surprised that [BLACKOUT]he would make the sacrifice of his life for another's.[/BLACKOUT]

What chaps my ass is Heigl was vocal about her "having nothing to do" (which was BS) and yet they went out of their way to give her this "ghost Denny/brain-tumor/marrying Alex" multi-arc afterwards.

Not to mention, she's had a well-documented history of biting the hand that feeds her (i.e. fought tooth-and-nail to get off Roswell, bad-mouthed Knocked Up, Apatow & Co. a year after it made her "a movie star" by calling the film sexist, and now this with Greys!)

On the other hand, Knight is basically thown in the background after (quiet reasonably) complaining about how he's being flat-out ignored.

but he also got a good portion of time in seasons 2 and 3....the whole thing with Callie, his family and his dads death....I like George, but I'm not sad to see him go

but he also got a good portion of time in seasons 2 and 3....the whole thing with Callie, his family and his dads death....I like George, but I'm not sad to see him go

You could say the same thing about Derek and I'd be glad to see him go, haha.

I'm really going to miss George. He was a great character but they wrote him to a corner with the Gizzie crap, and then they didn't know what to do with him after.

If George does die, that'll be a terrible ending for him. And by terrible, I dont mean bad writing, I mean that will just be a terrible thing that happened to him. Hit by a bus, dragged and disfigured, cant even speak.... poor guy. :csad:

If George does die, that'll be a terrible ending for him. And by terrible, I dont mean bad writing, I mean that will just be a terrible thing that happened to him. Hit by a bus, dragged and disfigured, cant even speak.... poor guy. :csad:

He will go out just as he began the season..no screentime, no lines..but ya it would be an awful way to go out. George became so isolated from everyone. His and KH's last scene together wouldve been 10x more the impact it already has if they were seen more together during this season.

And KH wants to stay on the show and she is the biggest name right now on the show so wouldnt be surprised if she stayed which I want her to.

But I have to laugh at Shonda for the most recent interview she did and saying that Georges lack of screentime was intentional or something along those lines. And refusing to answer if KH and T.R know whats going to happen with their charecters or what was going to happen.

Plus if this show loses both of them it will become overly boring, moreso then it is now. Everyone has grown so far apart and you have Callie/Arizona who are basically isolatedby their storyline, Mer/Der/Chief by theirs, Baily/Chief, Alex will be on his own..maybe become the new invisible george, Christina/Own who are by themselves, Sloan/Lexie who are mostly on their own.

Oh how I miss the days of the originals all hanging together and having fun.

Losing 4 1/2 main charecters in 5 years is not that great.

Part of me thinks Greys wouldve done better if they changed the cast every 3-4 years and follow interns up until their 1st year as residents.

Last edited:
losing 4 1/2 main characters? who are you talking about exactly? im tired right now so i have no idea who youre talking about and have no ability to figure it out.

I'm guessing that Erica Hahn is that 1/2 character.

MAN!

The George twist COMPLETELY caught me off-guard!

I watch a LOT of TV and movies, to the point where I can usually see a plot twist coming a mile away. But I was SO convinced that George's goodbye was just going to be the "shocking" reveal that he was enlisting in the army as a trauma surgeon that this COMPLETELY shocked me.

I mean, when he wrote "007" on Meredith's hand my reaction was "OH MY GOD, THAT'S ONE OF GEORGE'S BROTHERS! What a horrible time for this to happen RIGHT after he left!"

...and then it hit me, exactly at the same time it hit Meredith...and I had the same exact reaction...

losing 4 1/2 main characters? who are you talking about exactly? im tired right now so i have no idea who youre talking about and have no ability to figure it out.

I only count 2....Hahn was barely there before she got bounced

1 - Burke
2 - Addison
3 - Izzy
4 - George
4 1/2 - Hahn

?

Burke - Isaiah Washington couldn't keep his yapper shut, he fired himself....maybe ABC should sit him down and think about bringing him back

Addison - got her own show (which I don't watch and hope it gets canned soon so she can come back)

Izzy- Heigl wanted out

George - See above, even moreso because there were rumors abound he was openly complaining on set, which probably led to him being thrown into the background

Hahn - was a twice appeared recurring character and not around long enough to even be considered a MAIN character

Addison - got her own show (which I don't watch and hope it gets canned soon so she can come back)

Private Practice is pretty amazing, too. If you like Grey's you'll probably like it, too. The season finale this year was INCREDIBLE.

Hahn - was a twice appeared recurring character and not around long enough to even be considered a MAIN character

Actually, Hahn was a recurring character in Season 2 and 3, but she joined the main cast, thus making her a main character, in Season 4. ;)

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/10/28/calendar/ca-convers28

The Hollywood Reporter is saying that Heigl will be back this season...doesn't specify if it is as a regular or recurring though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"