• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grey's Anatomy- Season 5

I remember well back in the day when Izzie's hallucinations hadn't began, a news report that said both actors were leaving the show by the end of the season. Now, in the subsequent episodes, Heigl got much more protagonism and received a very wide criticial acclaim. Maybe she considered her options better. In fact, this was probably discussed back and forth so much, that they tried to imply a reapperance (maybe a short one) of Izzie in the 6th season. Whe the imaginary elevator opens up and she sees O'Mallel, she smiles first but then seems to recoil a little, and never gets off the elevator. I think that was an obvious enough clue. We will be seeing Heigl again in the new season's premiere because it's a sure way of guaranteeing ratings. But that's all, I'm sure she will be a goner, there's no way of keeping her character alive and still have her in the show.

So who's Callie dating again? I lost track of who's she's been with since Hanh left.

she's dating the new pediatric surgeon....Arizona

That's right. She needs to be in a steady relationship. She married George and divorced him after he cheated on her with Izzie, had a fling with Mark, kissed Hanh and now she's with Arizona.

I think they are going to stick with it....Callies parents have cut her off now that she's caught 'teh gay'

Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes and T.R. Knight have confirmed that Knight is leaving the ABC drama

"Leaving Grey's Anatomy was not an easy decision for me to make," Knight said in a statement on Friday. "I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to play this character [Dr. George O'Malley] and will miss my fellow cast and crew very much. I continue to wish them the very best, and wholeheartedly thank all of the fans who have supported me and the show with such passion and enthusiasm."

Reports had speculated Knight asked out of his contract three years early in the wake of lackluster storylines for George. Rhimes has attributed Knight's lack of storylines to "the ebbs and flows" of working with an ensemble cast.

In her own statement confirming Knight's departure, Rhimes said, "I think I speak for the entire Grey's Anatomy family when I say we wish T.R. Knight the best in his future endeavors. He is an incredibly talented actor and a person whose strength of character is admired by all of us."

In the May season finale, George — while en route to a new career as an Army medic — was hit by a bus and profoundly and critically disfigured in the process. The character's fate likely will be revealed to have died. Rhimes has dismissed any talk of recasting the role with a new actor as "ridiculous."

Katherine Heigl was also suspected to be leaving Grey's, but recent reports indicate the actress will return as Izzie come Season 6.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Knight-leaving-Greys-1007088.aspx

Katherine Heigl will return to Grey's Anatomy for Season 6, according to a statement from ABC. The news comes just hours after T.R. Knight's Grey's Anatomy exit was finally confirmed — by both the actor and series creator Shonda Rhimes.

ABC declined TVGuide.com's request for further comment from Rhimes (who did issue a statement on Friday regarding Knight's departure). Similarly, Heigl's rep said no statement was forthcoming from the actress.

The announcement ends months of speculation over Heigl's future with the show. In June 2008, she made statements about her Emmy worthiness that appeared to cast aspersion on the Grey's Anatomy writing staff. Not long after that controversy, there were reports that Rhimes would exact a sort of "payback" by killing off Izzie Stevens, Heigl's character. Seemingly confirming such speculation, Izzie was diagnosed with stage IV metastatic brain cancer and appeared to flat-line in the season-finale episode.

In other Grey's news, ABC also officially announced that Jessica Capshaw, whose Dr. Arizona Robbins has been a breath of fresh air in the often angsty halls of Seattle Grace, will continue with the show — now as a series regular.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/ABC-Heigl-staying-1007116.aspx

Knight had a significant amount of airtime when they had the whole things with Georges dad and family, and Callie....and that was all going on at the same time

To bad he was basically absent during S5 thus didnt even get that many great charecter moments and they ruined him in S4, so last two years George hasnt been that great.

But I wonder how long it will take them to ruin Arizona like they have basically everyone else on this show.

last nights premiere was decent....good to see Callie getting some screen time...the show felt balanced again for the first time in a while

Callie was in full-on DIVA mode during her little spat with the Chief! It was great!

"That's right! I said "RUE"!" :D :up:

Rewarding Heigl's ungrateful "biting the hand that feeds you" behavior while concurrently getting rid of Knight when the dude had reasonable complains is what did for me. Plus the way they got rid of him and its execution was lazy-writing if I've ever seen. **** Rhimes, **** this show.

uh oh...cookie monster is angry....as far as Knights situation, I think he got pushed to the background when he started airing his greivances publicly instead of going to Rhimes and ABC....so in turn he was "taken care of"...I also read he's more of a theater guy anyway and that is what he's going back to....

Heigl is just....bleh...if she wants to leave to go do girlie movies like The Ugly Truth and 27 Dresses...then please...leave....

Difference is Heigl's complaints were BS to begin with (i.e. "I have nothing to do on the show!") and she's had a well-documented reputation for biting the hand that feeds her. But they opted to go ahead and encourage/reward it.

Knight's screentime was reduced to literally saying one or two lines at the beginning and/or end of an episode. The dude voiced his reasonable concerns and they opted to go ahead and **** on him even more.

but he also had a ****load of time devoted to him with his dads death, his relationship with Callie, and so on.....he wasn't a favorite of mine, but I see your point....show goes on....still wish Kate Walsh was there

Walsh still being there would also mean no Private Practice. Thus a win-win.

works for me....let's kill Lexie while we're at it...I do not like her....ever

I actually turned to my friend last night in the middle of the episode and said to her "Ironically, Georgie has more to do with the plot in this episode alone than he did the entire last season!".

George was by far my favorite. Always was. I guess it's because he seemed to be the most like me. I hated to see him go, but I have to say that if he HAD to go the way they did it was PERFECT.

I liked Karev last night....he actually got across how people on the other side can feel

i thought last night was really well based for everyone. EXCEPT Meredith! she was hardly present at all. but dang i knew she was gonna breakdown at the end.

last nights epi was really gut wrenching.

works for me....let's kill Lexie while we're at it...I do not like her....ever

:up:

I've watched very few episodes since she joined the cast, but out of the one's that I've seen, she's the low point of the cast.

So, for those that watched last night, how was everyones reaction to George's death? Fitting?

But Chyler Leigh is the bestest. :o

I have to caaatchupPp frik.

You may remember her from such previous TV hits as That 80s Show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"