Gruffudd Talks FF2

zer00

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14942
Ioan Gruffudd is not only an action star now thanks to Fantastic Four, but he's also a very charitable guy. ComingSoon.net caught up with him and his stunning fiancee Alice Evans, who is also a British actress, at the Vintage Hollywood 2006 charity event in Los Angeles for which all proceeds will go to The Children's Circle, an organization which helps infants and children with HIV.

Gruffudd must have been feeling really generous because not only was he going to bid in the auction at the event, but he gave us an update on what's happening with Fantastic Four 2.

"I paid my ticket and I just wanted to come and support this charity that's all," he told us. "I think the presence of this disease is still enormous around the world and people are suffering with it in our own backyard here even in Hollywood, so I think it's very important that it's still out there and exists."

Stylishly dressed in a Burberry dark blue stripped jacket, a V-neck shirt and jeans, the UK born actor admitted that while he has signed on for the sequel, which begins shooting in Vancouver in late August, he still hasn't seen the script. "I have not seen the script or read it. I don't know exactly what the story line is. I know Jessica Alba has been talking about it quite a bit and I believe that the premise is Silver Surfer is the new character that comes into it."

Although Gruffudd has had some time to adjust to the overwhelming success of the first installment of the "Fantastic Four" series, he still can't believe the film's popularity. "It's fantastic. You know it's beyond our wildest dreams on how it performed in the box office. Obviously personally I'm delighted that we're going back. Hopefully this one will be successful and we'll go back for a third one as well after that."

While he's still in disbelief about the success, he's certain about his character. "I'm sure Reed Richards, Mr. Fantastic is very capable of holding onto his woman," he laughed when I asked if he was worried about the competition over Sue (Jessica Alba) and if he thought he could lose her.

Besides Michael Chiklis, Alba and Chris Evans being brought back to reprise their roles, Gruffudd set the record straight on Dr. Doom -- Julian McMahon, who played the character in the first film, will be back too. "I'm sure he'll be just as ambiguous. Is he on our side or isn't he?"

And although the star confesses he hasn't actually read the comic books, he loves the fans and has been well received by them. "They've been very generous... People either recognize immediately or they don't recognize me at all. The fanatical ones are the ones who run up to you and go crazy. A lot of kids try to come up and pull my arms."

"I hadn't read a single comic book when I was younger so I've come to this completely fresh. It's such an amazing world that they've created, you know these Marvel comic book writers. It's just a great fantasy world for us all to go and escape to," he continued.

Gruffudd said he can't wait to see his cast mates again and he's looking forward to stepping back into the role of Mr. Fantastic. "I think when you revisit something for the second time, it's always more comfortable and comforting. It gives you more confidence and more scope to play around."

Fantastic Four 2 is targeted for a release on June 15, 2007. If you can't wait to see Ioan Gruffudd before then, check him out as Burberry's new model for the company's men's cologne.

For more information on The Children's Circle, please visit ChildrensCircle.org.

Once the actor or actress says "I haven't even seen the script" I take everything they say with a grain of salt.

They still get told ****

now if he said "but the story rocksxbillion11"

then he'd be lying cause he hadn't seen a script

I really don't have a lot of faith in FOX. They have even more power and ability to screw this up then Xmen. While we didn't get the Phoenix story arc like in the comics and no fire bird it still worked for me in the movie. I just don't want to see them Alter Galactus and SS in this form. Jean is form earth and there fore in can be adapted more in down to earth tones, but with the SS and Galactus there is no other route you can go without totally screwing up the charaters where they truly are the characters in name only. The Ss/Galactus they are not from earth.

I just really wish FOX would leave the SS and Galactus out of the movies. If it were Universal or Sony then i wouldn't be as worried, but FOX? Also the production schedule is once again short. i don't see them having the time to do all the post production work with these type of characters. Story is a decent enough director to me, but not for grand villians like Galactus. I hope somewone with power reads this and just stick to doom and maybe a new earth bound villian and move on to villians like the Mole man, frightful four or the Inhumans for the 3rd.

"I'm sure Reed Richards, Mr. Fantastic is very capable of holding onto his woman," he laughed when I asked if he was worried about the competition over Sue (Jessica Alba) and if he thought he could lose her."

That's what I like to hear

zer00 said:
They still get told ****

now if he said "but the story rocksxbillion11"

then he'd be lying cause he hadn't seen a script

Blame Dunst. :up: I am sure he has been told things but the fact still remains...he hasn't read the script so nothing he is saying is set in stone really.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Blame Dunst. :up: I am sure he has been told things but the fact still remains...he hasn't read the script so nothing he is saying is set in stone really.

It's not like he gave out a well of information there.

I know I am just going by all of the mixed news I have been hearing about this production. At one point Doom was supposedly not in, Silver Surfer was not in the cards, and there is more then one script. Have they even chosen a script yet?

I think Fox threw Payne's script at them. Technically they never said Doom wasn't in, there was just a rumor Julian wasn't.

I assume Surfer wasn't in Frost's script, anymore than a cliffhanger anyway. Since Payne's script was told apart by the fact Surfer had a substantial part.

Well that would be cool if what he says about Mcmahon coming back as Doom is true...but it is too early for even the actors to talk about it like they are...I remember this kind of talk same time last year over a certain yet to be seen X-man for X3...who still didn't make the cut :(

zer00 said:
I think Fox threw Payne's script at them. Technically they never said Doom wasn't in, there was just a rumor Julian wasn't.

I assume Surfer wasn't in Frost's script, anymore than a cliffhanger anyway. Since Payne's script was told apart by the fact Surfer had a substantial part.

Yeah see what I mean. A lot of "think" and "assume" still among us.

well all shall be revealed soon. but i def want doom to come back for more.

I find it very interesting that he doesn't know much about it. I thought it was odd that Jessica seemed to know as much as she did if they don't start shooting until August.

I wonder if some of her comments are based on little things they've told her and could be distorted by a "whisper down the lane" process.

That's why I'm very interested in the Tim Story Blog. I think that will be the best source for reliable information and may help us avoid some of the leaps and assumptions we made last time with the lack of real information.

So the Macdaddy is returning.....hmmmmmmmmmmm
Reed can hold onto his woman
icon10.gif
:up:

People need to learn to WAIT!!!!!! Read the information given, but ALWAYS remember....

1). They are small quotes, maybe out of context...
2). They are small quotes, that could have been changed ever so slightly to throw fanboys into a frenzy...
3). Vocabulary used that is understood by one generation, but not another (happens to me all the time) *frowns*....

Good Grief people.....we need to wait, and when something is confirmed by Story, Fox, etc.....then go into a frenzy on that......

CHILL and WAIT...before jumping to conclusions...

"Julian McMahon, who played the character in the first film, will be back too."

That's all I needed to know to lose any interest I might have began to have.

Go on, people, look foward to seeing Doom once again destroyed before your eyes, and then you'll have the incredible chance to add to the list both the surfer and Galactus.

Thank you, Fox.
Why ? Because you care.

I am glad that Julian McMahon is back as Doom.
I really like McMahon and I loved his portrayal of Doom outside of the mask.

It wasn't his fault that Doom was lackluster in FF.
I hope Tim Story does what he said he'd do when he said "Full Doom" will be in this movie.

TheSaintofKillers[B said:
]"Julian McMahon, who played the character in the first film, will be back too."[/B]

That's all I needed to know to lose any interest I might have began to have.

Go on, people, look foward to seeing Doom once again destroyed before your eyes, and then you'll have the incredible chance to add to the list both the surfer and Galactus.

Thank you, Fox.
Why ? Because you care.

Hater. :mad:

Warhammer said:

HEY....just because you may disagree with him doesn't mean you need to call names......

You gave your opinion....leave it at that...

Whoa.
Chill, I didn't mean it like that,
I wasn't really mad.

Sorry.

Warhammer said:
I am glad that Julian McMahon is back as Doom.
I really like McMahon and I loved his portrayal of Doom outside of the mask.

It wasn't his fault that Doom was lackluster in FF.
I hope Tim Story does what he said he'd do when he said "Full Doom" will be in this movie.

The only thing most think they got right with Doom was the mask....

People seem to forget this was an origin story, point blank. Magneto, Green Goblin, etc., they all had their origins done to an extent in their first flicks, but Dr. Doom has a huge amount of backstory, from growing up in Latveria to becoming ruler of that country. Mags and Gobby aren't royalty, and it would take about an hour or so to get Doom to that point in the first movie. He's basically getting on his feet, same as the rest of the characters. If they set him up as ruler in the second movie, I'll be fine with it.

Ebert is a fat bastard for giving X3 2 thumbs up and the opposite to Fantastic Four.

Looking forward to this baby.

Warhammer said:
Whoa.
Chill, I didn't mean it like that,
I wasn't really mad.

Sorry.

Well this Hater :mad: usually doesn't mean positive things towards another poster.....maybe add a *wink* or something next time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"