Guardians of the Galaxy Animated Series

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score
Production has begun on “Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy,” an upcoming animated-television series for Disney XD, featuring the hugely popular characters introduced in the record-breaking Marvel Studios film of the same name. The announcement was made today by Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television, at New York Comic Con.

Produced by Marvel Television, the series stars Peter Quill as Star-Lord, the brash adventurer who, to save the universe from its greatest threats, joins forces with a quartet of disparate misfits – fan-favorite Rocket Raccoon, a tree-like humanoid named Groot, the enigmatic, expert fighter Gamora and the rough-edged warrior Drax the Destroyer. The series will premiere in 2015 on the Marvel Universe programming block on Disney XD.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/318169-nycc-animated-guardians-of-the-galaxy-series-coming-in-2015

NYCC Test Footage:

Obligatory Accompaniment:
[YT]m86nMHfvl7s[/YT]

Last edited:
I'm gonna remain hopeful after seeing the above, but if this becomes anything resembling the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or Avengers Assemble or Teen Titans Go, then **** that s**t...

LOL, more melodramatic fanboy complaining.

Teen Titans Go is a comedy series. Get over it.

I would be excited about this but Disney's marvel series have been nothing to write home about.

Is this set in the same universe as the other Marvel animated shows? Because the animation seems completely different.

That test footage animation is awesome already

Is this set in the same universe as the other Marvel animated shows? Because the animation seems completely different.

Most likely. They probably just changed it since it will most likely be stand alone for most the series.

The animation kinda reminded me of Tron: Uprising.

I wonder if this will be part of the official film canon. The designs look very similar to their movie counterparts.

Teaser: [YT]mLAU6jF0qwY[/YT]

Key art of the main cast:

GOTG-ANIMATED.jpg

Art looks awesome! I'm hoping this show has an all ages appeal to it.

That weird combination of 2D and 3D art kind of throws me, but if its fun and adventuresome than I'm in.

Kevin Michael Richardson is Groot. [YT]VHYQOY0Y2a4[/YT]

Not sure about the art design, but I do like that they went with the movie versions of the characters. Sounds obvious, but I wasn't sure.

Will Friedle is Star-Lord.

[YT]u5lk4whnO2Q[/YT]

I'll watch this but I'm not holding my breath for it to be better than Avengers Assemble. I'll watch it solely because I love the characters and I have to watch it but yea, I predict it'll be on that same kiddie level that AA is on. Sucks we can't get a decent Guardians cartoon that would fall more in line with Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

David Sobolov is Drax.

[YT]Hx6r7ULnRZw[/YT]

I haven't watched Avengers Assemble (did really like what I saw of Avengers: EMH, though), and didn't really care for the couple of Ultimate Spider-Man episodes I have seen, but I really like everything I have seen about this so far.

I may need to watch some of those other shows on Netflix to get a better look at them and check this out when it starts.

Terry Mcguiness and Eric Matthews is Starlord? I'm ****ing in.

Great voice cast so far. Four Marvel animated shows on Disney XD. Phase 2 in theaters.

This is truly the Age of Marvel.

Vanessa Marshall is Gamora.

[YT]kDVWun3x6fs[/YT]

Trevor Devall is Rocket Racoon.

[YT]yNbTBDyUADk[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member