The Avengers Guardians of the Galaxy (2014): Will tie-in with The Avengers

I heard there may be some legal challenges for the rights of Thanos. Would it affect Marvel's plan for GOTG and Phase II?

There's no indication of legal challenges.

A few weeks ago, one of the blogs mentioned that Jim Starlin, Thanos' creator, seemed kinda irked in an interview that he wasn't receiving any royalties; but then, he most likely wasn't entitled to them in the first place. He created Thanos for Marvel, and Thanos is Marvel's property; pretty sure Starlin realizes that, just as all other comic book writers do when they work for somebody else.

I think that particular blog was trying to stir up **** by implying that Starlin could make trouble, but so far, Starlin has given no such indication.

Implying it would even matter. Marvel has Disney lawyers backing them up now.

Some writers do get royalties for the characters they create. No different from song writers. Just cause you create something for someone else doesn't mean you don't see any profits when it is used.

I fail to see the problem....
No problem at all Kitchen. Was just commenting on How Marvel tends to dislike Animal characters. (odd seeing as the flagship character for Disney IS an animal)

No problem at all Kitchen. Was just commenting on How Marvel tends to dislike Animal characters. (odd seeing as the flagship character for Disney IS an animal)

Yeah, that is ironic, no?

Rocky's response to all of those displeased with his appearance in the MCU:

[YT]0lP8v2TxMdA[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back