The Avengers Guardians of the Galaxy (2014): Will tie-in with The Avengers

There is a rumor about some big event occuring in the MCU in 2017. IIRC

I think this will be Thanos' first run as a villain before he gets really big bad in the Avengers 3

Yeah i hope that's what happens so we get to know the villain better. Its like how we got to know Loki right before avengers

I think he needs more than that though.

Unless Marvel Studios tries to pretend Thor 1 never happened, or that the Gauntlet seen there in Odin's Treasury was a fake (not bloody likely: the Cask sure as Hel wasn't fake, now, was it.....?), then the inescapable truth is that the Infinity Gauntlet has already happened in the past in the MCU. And Thanos lost the glove. Probably to Odin. So there won't be any Infinity Gauntlet series here, or gathering of the Gems; instead, it'll all be about Thanos trying to get his glove back from Asgard.

I see what you mean, how there won't be a series. But with an item that back, it still seems a tid bit rushed to me. I don't knoow
They wouldn't be autonomous if they needed Disney to sign off on projects.

As for the Infinity Gauntlet, I very much doubt they'll have the entire thing sitting in Odin's vault fully assembled. It might be like that fake Tesseract that the Red Skull found. Just a duplicate and not the real thing. Or maybe it's the gauntlet but only one real gem on it. Point is, I don't think they're beholden to an Easter egg that was seen for the briefest of moments, anymore than Cap's shield had to be made by Tony just because it showed up as an Easter Egg in Iron Man and Iron Man 2.

Moreover, it just makes more narrative sense if it's not sitting there all in one set. What's more dramatic? Thanos tracking down each gem one by one, and overcoming whatever different obstacles present themselves, or just grabbing a glove off a pedestal in Odin's vault room?

I completely agree. I'm absolutely convinced that Thanos won't be the main villain until Avengers 3, and that it'll be the Infinity Gauntlet story. As for his appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy, my theory is that he WON'T be the villain in that. Rather, he'll be allying himself with the Guardians or otherwise manipulating them to help him overcome some other villain, and unbeknownst to the Guardians he'll pick up an Infinity Gem along the way. Personally speaking, my money is on the Universal Church of Truth being the villains in the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Yeah I agree.

But if IF avengers does have a finale in 2017, I would hope that Thanos isn't the villian in 2 AND 3. Because with ant-man happening, there is room for Ultron. Though Thanos is my favorite villain, and I love the fact that he will be in a movie, I still feel Ultron NEEDS to happen.

What do you guys think the budget will be the for this movie sounds like it will rely on a crap load of cgi I am guessing 165-200

It will but I hope they go practical with a lot of the sets and effects. This doesn't need to be a Star Wars prequel where the entire movie takes place on a green screen. Most of Avenger's budget went to the price tags of the stars. If they cast lesser known TV star-types then more of the budget can be used for effects. I predict big names for Thanos and Rocket Raccoon but, like the Warrior's Three and Sif in Thor, the rest of the team will be lesser known actors.

Looking at Thor's budget of $150 million, that should be enough. Maybe $160-$170. How Joss Whedon pulled off Serenity with $39 million is beyond me. That guy needs to oversee the budget of this.

It will but I hope they go practical with a lot of the sets and effects. This doesn't need to be a Star Wars prequel where the entire movie takes place on a green screen. Most of Avenger's budget went to the price tags of the stars. If they cast lesser known TV star-types then more of the budget can be used for effects. I predict big names for Thanos and Rocket Raccoon but, like the Warrior's Three and Sif in Thor, the rest of the team will be lesser known actors.

Looking at Thor's budget of $150 million, that should be enough. Maybe $160-$170. How Joss Whedon pulled off Serenity with $39 million is beyond me. That guy needs to oversee the budget of this.

I think they will keep Damion Poitier for Thanos. The guy has a chin only Thanos could love.
thanos-imperative.jpg

So everyone is cool with a live actor for Thanos vs CG? Im not sure how I feel. Even the best make up work limits the expressiveness of the actors performance. Whatever works I guess, though I agree that Thanos probably wont be the main villain.

Never heard of Damien Poitier. What are his previous roles?

So everyone is cool with a live actor for Thanos vs CG? Im not sure how I feel. Even the best make up work limits the expressiveness of the actors performance. Whatever works I guess, though I agree that Thanos probably wont be the main villain.

Nothing wrong with someone cgi enhanced instead of full cgi or completely real.

I think they will keep Damion Poitier for Thanos. The guy has a chin only Thanos could love.

The only thing I want is that Thanos is the same size as the HULK, if he is smaller, I think a lot of people will be complaining. me included.

Isnt that guy a stunt man? Why would he play Thanos? Unless theres been an announcement to that effect, its highly unlikely they will cast a stunt man or someone with such minimal acting experience.

The only thing I want is that Thanos is the same size as the HULK, if he is smaller, I think a lot of people will be complaining. me included.

He will probably be a mix of CGI and actor.

And hell no, Thanos 8 feet tall?

In the comics he is listed at 6 feet 7 inches, no way do I want him as big as the Hulk.

In terms of muscle, and physical build, okay, maybe a little bit smaller, but height wise, I am hoping Thor comes up to like..his jaw

Thanos is shorter than the Hulk but some what stalky. He needs to look exactly like he does at the end of the Avengers.

I believe this is his CGI model.
the-avengers-thanos-computer-generated-3d-skeletal-sketch-funny-pinoy-jokes-2012.jpg

He'll be CGI.

Here is Damien poitier's Acting Reel and Sizzle Reel (Warning bad language)
[YT]tjwWg8uuhY4[/YT]
[YT]wtKUOmbrwuw[/YT]

Last edited:
So if Thanos is the villain here and if he becomes a villain in an Avengers sequel doesn't that basically mean the Guardians are going to fail?

thanos-imperative.jpg

He has scary eyes. I think that would work very well for Thanos' look. From what I've seen of his acting it looks like he's pretty good. Why not take a chance on him? Marvel has done an excellent job of taking small time actors and making them stars thus far.

Last edited:
He has scary eyes. I think that would work very well for Thanos' look. From what I've seen of his acting it looks like he's pretty good. Why not take a chance on him? Marvel has done an excellent job of taking small time actors and making them stars thus far.
Which is what I believe Marvel is going to do. They don't follow the typical mindset of casting superhero movies and it's worked wonders for them.

I personally would prefer if Thanos was dealt with in this film. I think having Drax and Gamora in the roster gives enough of an opportunity to explain his back story and the Guardians are feasibly capable of defeating Thanos, assuming his comic power levels, while the current Avengers can't.

This means that the connection to Avengers can be used to promote the Guardians and the sequel to Avengers can operate independently from any other MCU films which allows Whedon more creative freedom and means Avengers 2 isn't potentially bloated by other characters or plots.

I personally would prefer if Thanos was dealt with in this film. I think having Drax and Gamora in the roster gives enough of an opportunity to explain his back story and the Guardians are feasibly capable of defeating Thanos, assuming his comic power levels, while the current Avengers can't.

This means that the connection to Avengers can be used to promote the Guardians and the sequel to Avengers can operate independently from any other MCU films which allows Whedon more creative freedom and means Avengers 2 isn't potentially bloated by other characters or plots.

Are you suggesting not using Thanos in the Avengers sequels?

Are you suggesting not using Thanos in the Avengers sequels?

Yes. I think that Thanos has great potential to be used as a villain, but that potential would be better realised in this film than the Avengers. I'm sure there will be some degree of fan uproar if Thanos was neutered to the extent where the current Avengers roster would have a chance of defeating him. If they were to maintain his comics power then either you need to include characters like the Guardians, which takes away from the Avengers in their film, or rely on plot elements that would make the team almost unrecognisable from the one in the original film.

I think Avengers 2 should be completely its own thing, a sequel to nothing more than the Avengers. Thanos is a great villain, the Guardians could benefit from one, far more than the Avengers.

it will be in this film. he will be in guardians. To lead up to an avengers movie. Whether it is avengers 2, or 3, it will happen..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"