Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Has he actually refused to work for them though? Last I heard, he wasn't happy working on Guardians 3 without James Gunn, but I've yet to read a report where he says he simply wont.

Do you have a source?

Directly from his Twitter:

"I will do what Im legally obligated to do but @Guardians without @JamesGunn is not what I signed up for. GOTG w/o @JamesGunn just isn’t GOTG. Its also pretty nauseating to work for someone who’d empower a smear campaign by fascists #cybernazis . That’s just how I feel."

Basically he will do what he legally is required to do and no more, and specifically says it is "nauseating to work for someone who'd empower a smear campaign by fascists." Then he voluntarily signs up with a company being paid to spread Saudi propaganda.

On his return:

"This was a special day for me. Thanks to @wwe @VinceMcMahon and Dustin for documenting the day."

Some tweets? What about the fact that he was going to pedophile-themed parties? :ebr:
But what was the meaning behind those parties? Were they horror parties for Halloween? Context is everything.

Crap record but at least it wasn't pointless, it raised a lot of money for Cot Death Research.
I'm glad it did, but let's be real here: he didn't do it for charity. He did it to get a TV Series back on the air sooner, and used the excuse of a charity so it didn't look so callous to record a charity single for a television show.

I'm glad it did, but let's be real here: he didn't do it for charity. He did it to get a TV Series back on the air sooner, and used the excuse of a charity so it didn't look so callous to record a charity single for a television show.

No, you're not being real at all. Callous? Take a long look at yourself.
I get the feeling you don't like Mr Levine, so are looking for any slight that will put him in a negative light. I suspect that is the case, am I right, yes?
Yes, of course it was to get people talking about the show in order to bring the show back from its hiatus. They knew it was coming back and not cancelled, it was just for a bit of fun protest but, and it's a big but, it was all done with good intentions, especially with the charity angle, there were no excuses. As you have a penchant for ignoring the truth and facts, let me type that again, there were no excuses.

Again, it wasn't pointless because it raised money for Cot Death Research. That's real.

Last edited:
Pretty basic choice I guess. I guess they don’t want a backlash so they don’t want to get anyone too out there

Pretty basic choice I guess. I guess they don’t want a backlash so they don’t want to get anyone too out there
The guy who owns a novel animation company is far from basic. I can't wait to see the variety of aliens and whatnot if he signs on.

I can get behind it. I really liked what he did with Kubo and Bumblebee looks like the best TF movie yet, even if that is a low bar to beat.

I haven't seen Kubo but Bumblebee is on my list as it looks very promising. I'm not OK with Gunn being replaced but at least they are not going for Peyton Reed :o

Could be promising but big shoes to fill. Without Gamora and Drax (assuming Bautista bails after this one), I hope there is still a future for Guardians after 3. Is that likely to be the end for them now? I guess none of the MCU properties have yet had more than 3 films.

The guy who owns a novel animation company is far from basic. I can't wait to see the variety of aliens and whatnot if he signs on.
Nice, I didn’t know about his company.

Heard nothing but good things about Bumblebee, so he could be a really inspired choice.

Nice, I didn’t know about his company.
Laika - Corpse Bride, Coraline, Paranorman, The Boxtrolls, Kubo & the Two Strings, and the upcoming Missing Link
I'm not too concerned with writing out Drax or Gamora.
Nebula can replace Gamora and they'll have Warlock & Quasar to add to the ranks + any other old-school GOTG member & Richard Ryder if they revisit the Nova Corps.

Bumblebee looks awesome, if it actually is awesome, then this could work. Oh and why are we pretending like Gamora isn't coming back to life?

Oh and why are we pretending like Gamora isn't coming back to life?

I hope that she will come back but why are you so sure? (I think she'll come back but my reason is a real-life reason: I think if a GotG director wants her back then Feige will let them have her back).

Could be promising but big shoes to fill. Without Gamora and Drax (assuming Bautista bails after this one), I hope there is still a future for Guardians after 3. Is that likely to be the end for them now? I guess none of the MCU properties have yet had more than 3 films.

There are more than enough Guardians in the comics to carry on without them if Marvel so chose. Plus Rocket and Groot would be easy to recast for some stability in the roster, if necessary. I would because they provide a different breed of sci-fi from the company's usual stuff and it sure doesn't look like they are doing something like Inhumans anytime soon.

There are more than enough Guardians in the comics to carry on without them if Marvel so chose. Plus Rocket and Groot would be easy to recast for some stability in the roster, if necessary. I would because they provide a different breed of sci-fi from the company's usual stuff and it sure doesn't look like they are doing something like Inhumans anytime soon.
If they swap in other members then that would be fine. Especially as Gamora has already had a great death scene and if Drax also gets one in Infinity War (where his natural story could end). As you say, I would love for them to continue as they offer something quite different from what the rest of the MCU offers.

Laika - Corpse Bride, Coraline, Paranorman, The Boxtrolls, Kubo & the Two Strings, and the upcoming Missing Link
I'm not too concerned with writing out Drax or Gamora.
Nebula can replace Gamora and they'll have Warlock & Quasar to add to the ranks + any other old-school GOTG member & Richard Ryder if they revisit the Nova Corps.
Ah, thanks for those. I had no idea. If we get those guys and Nebula then that could work well.

He's a big Transformers fan, so he may introduce a certain Freelance Peacekeeping Agent into Guardians of the Galaxy 3, yes?912b2e66-7f50-430d-86ff-c0773a8a034e.jpg

Ha, deaths head is pretty cool so I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing him appear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"