Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

So no chance of Rocket dying in this movie, huh?
I checked the lifespan of a raccoon just a few moments ago, and came to see if this raccoon is susceptible of surviving way past the average lifespan of one due to the genetic manipulation he experienced.

Do you think they might touch on how he came to be this way this movie? I just remembered him crying and yelling at Drax "DO YOU THINK I ASKED TO BE THIS WAY?"
with Lylla presumably being in this, I'd assume so

An interesting tie in, if they're going to have the High Evolutionary as Rocket and Lylla's creator, which would essentially make them Beastials.

There's the obvious ties from the comics of the High Evolutionary to Adam Warlock, but the change of having Ayesha be of the Sovereign a MCU original race, and have her be the force behind creating Warlock.

I think Warlock will be sent by the Sovereign to stop the guardians and that may ally him with the High Evolutionary who I think is going to be the villain of this movie, with AW joining forces with the Guardians at the end.

It will be interesting to see the story lines of Rocket and Lylla and how that intertwines with the main story lines, but there are also some loose ends to tie up with Endgame and the Quill/Gamora/Nebula story line.

You know who might be fun? Kiefer Sutherland as the High Evolutionary. I mean, Gunn loves his 80s actors

There's the obvious ties from the comics of the High Evolutionary to Adam Warlock, but the change of having Ayesha be of the Sovereign a MCU original race, and have her be the force behind creating Warlock.
The Adam Warlock/High Evolutionary connection just clicked with me before I read your post.

This movie still feels like it has too many plot elements (with the search for Gamora feeling like the trickiest to fit in), but I think they can make it work. Most likely, the search for Gamora is the first act. I suspect they'll find her pretty quickly since the real payoff is the interaction of a distrusting Gamora with the rest of the crew. Either they find her with the High Evolutionary or they find her and they're immediately attacked by Adam and the Sovereign. Then we end up on some planet where the High Evolutionary is now and he's the badguy for the rest of the movie.

The Adam Warlock/High Evolutionary connection just clicked with me before I read your post.

This movie still feels like it has too many plot elements (with the search for Gamora feeling like the trickiest to fit in), but I think they can make it work. Most likely, the search for Gamora is the first act. I suspect they'll find her pretty quickly since the real payoff is the interaction of a distrusting Gamora with the rest of the crew. Either they find her with the High Evolutionary or they find her and they're immediately attacked by Adam and the Sovereign. Then we end up on some planet where the High Evolutionary is now and he's the badguy for the rest of the movie.

Or adam has caputured gamora. Would be a good way to show he's a serious threat if he can take her down. She wouldn't even know why.

Ha, that would be interesting. Or they think he captured gamora but they’re really just chilling and bffs

I can't wait for Volume 3!
I love how Gunn took away something really positive from the firing, good for him.
That first day… I’m going to say it was the most intense of my entire life. There have been other difficult days in my life, from the time I got sober when I was younger, to the death of friends who committed suicide. But this was incredibly intense. It happened, and suddenly it seemed like everything was gone. I just knew, in a moment that happened incredibly quickly, I had been fired. It felt as if my career was over.

I think the one thing that is the most important for me from that day is this: I’m like a lot of people who come out here and want to be rich and famous, to have people love them. I am an artist first and foremost; I love telling stories, I love interacting with my characters, I love designing sets. But I’m also a guy who found what I thought was love, through people loving me, and through my work.

My apparatus for being loved was my work, and being famous. I had never really experienced before that feeling of being loved so deeply. It has been a problem for me in relationships, in friendships; I can experience loving another person but I have a very difficult time experiencing being loved. In that moment, the apparatus which was my only hope for feeling love was torn away from me and I had absolutely nothing. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do. Should I be locked away?

And then came this outpouring of real love. From my girlfriend Jen; my producer and my agents; Chris Pratt calling me and freaking out; Zoe Saldana and Karen Gillan, all calling and crying. Sylvester Stallone FaceTime-ing me. And, of course, Dave Bautista, who came out so strong. That amount of love that I felt from my friends, my family, and the people in the community was absolutely overwhelming. In order for me to have fully felt that love for the first time, the thing that needed to happen was the apparatus by which I was feeling falsely loved had to be completely taken away.

So a part of that day was the worst of my life, and a part of it was the greatest day of my life. I certainly haven’t been perfect in my spiritual journeys since that time, but I have been better

Yeah I reckon that’s all you can do sometimes. I mean statistically speaking these days everyone is going to get fired or made redundant at least once. He showed a good, positive way to handle it

That first day… I’m going to say it was the most intense of my entire life. There have been other difficult days in my life, from the time I got sober when I was younger, to the death of friends who committed suicide. But this was incredibly intense. It happened, and suddenly it seemed like everything was gone. I just knew, in a moment that happened incredibly quickly, I had been fired. It felt as if my career was over.

I think the one thing that is the most important for me from that day is this: I’m like a lot of people who come out here and want to be rich and famous, to have people love them. I am an artist first and foremost; I love telling stories, I love interacting with my characters, I love designing sets. But I’m also a guy who found what I thought was love, through people loving me, and through my work.

My apparatus for being loved was my work, and being famous. I had never really experienced before that feeling of being loved so deeply. It has been a problem for me in relationships, in friendships; I can experience loving another person but I have a very difficult time experiencing being loved. In that moment, the apparatus which was my only hope for feeling love was torn away from me and I had absolutely nothing. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do. Should I be locked away?

And then came this outpouring of real love. From my girlfriend Jen; my producer and my agents; Chris Pratt calling me and freaking out; Zoe Saldana and Karen Gillan, all calling and crying. Sylvester Stallone FaceTime-ing me. And, of course, Dave Bautista, who came out so strong. That amount of love that I felt from my friends, my family, and the people in the community was absolutely overwhelming. In order for me to have fully felt that love for the first time, the thing that needed to happen was the apparatus by which I was feeling falsely loved had to be completely taken away.

So a part of that day was the worst of my life, and a part of it was the greatest day of my life. I certainly haven’t been perfect in my spiritual journeys since that time, but I have been better

Hard not to root for James Gunn.

Marvel insider leaks the first plot details for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’

Potential spoilers from a leaker who posted accurate Avengers: Endgame details several months before the movie was released has just resurfaced on Twitter with details about more unreleased MCU films. Stop reading right here if you like surprises though because spoilers follow below.

D6AUvpcWAAM69XN.jpg

Wow, totally missed that mention of Lylla in the first movie

A couple of years ago James mentioned that there was a retcon coming based on that (at the time) easter egg. From I09:

In the first movie there is the mugshot sequence where the characters go through and they’re going through the mugshots and having their picture taken. And the Nova Corps has information about each of the characters coming up on their machinery. Those things are something that your average viewer doesn’t see at all. But there’s a lot of background I put into those things about who they’ve worked with, where they are from, what’s going on. And it’s one of those things that I’m thinking about changing.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-what-we-think-james-gunn-wants-to-retcon-in-guard-1796099784

Since I saw Infinity War I always envisioned it would be kind of interesting to see Drax’s daughter alive, however with a twist. What if she became a daughter of Thanos just as Gamora did?

His ship is still out there in the main timeline as is his army that wasn’t sent to Earth in that movie, since the one in Endgame was from an alternate timeline 2014. What if she’s there? It would add a whole new level of complexity to Drax’s story and add something to tie him, Nebula and this 2014 Gamora. Drax’s never got full resolution with Thanos and what if his daughter, having believing him long dead comes for revenge and she knows Rocket was involved in his death. It would tie into his rumored storyline that way. That sounds interesting to me.

Before Endgame came out, I thought I heard some hints that one of the characters (and there are a lot considering all the movies) has been a Skrull all along. Has there been a payoff of that?

High Evolutionary could end up looking a lot like the Vision if they are not careful

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"