Guardians of the Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see a thread about this. :huh:

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2281.EXCLUSIVE:_New_Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Series

I'm looking forward to this new series, as somebody who never followed the old concept and incarnations. I remember awhile back when legendary and iconic writer/artist extraordinaire, John Byrne (!!!), declared that if he returned to M***** (aka... Marvel), he'd be interested in doing a new Guardians series. I thought that would be a perfect fit for him, so part of me wishes that he was the guy, but the other part is perfectly happy about this, because Paul Pelletier is a great artist who needs to be given stability.

The guy can draw 12 issues a month, yet Marvel just won't let him do that for whatever reason. Hopefully, this will be the place they allow him to make his mark. Was looking forward to a nice run by him on Nova's series, so hopefully, this doesn't end up as another case of Marvel not knowing what they are doing, with Pelletier launching the new series, and then moving on after 6 issues. I also hope Marvel doesn't do anything moronic like publishing more than 12 issues a year like they are doing with New Exiles, preventing their 12 issue a year artist from doing an uninterrupted that's run not hampered by fill-in art. STUPID!

Anyway, I do have high hopes for this concept. I'm sure a few disgruntled fans of the old series still remain, but I wasn't one of them, so this is the first time I've been excited or interested in Guardians of the Galaxy. I didn't read any of the Annihilation stuff.

Holy crap!Dusty has invaded the hype!

The infamous Byrne fanatic who got banned from Jinxworld,CBR and got told by Tom Brevoort!!

What's the matter Dusty?Getting banned the **** out of and nowhere else to go?

Also, Marvel's cosmic characters need to stand on their own. I mean, I love the fact that they've found a new audience and are getting some exposure again, but it seems like they;ve all got to exist within the same settig in order for them to exist at all, if that makes sense.

Well, that was the impetus for the Annihilation events: taking characters that can't sell on their own, but work when they're together.

I don't mind, as long as Star-lord and his squad are given (prominent) roles in the book; Firelord too.

Comics are filled with clichés. Self-discovery is pretty much always going to be a major part of these characters, especially at Marvel, because it's a natural emotion in anyone who's faced with the kinds of pressures the heroes are. Granted, it could be and has been executed better than it's been done with Adam Warlock.
I agree, it's been executed really badly with Adam. :up:

I know exactly what you did there. My argument applies to both, I just don't think Phyla's as crappy as Adam is at the moment.

Phyla is definitely as crappy as Adam. At least Adam has cause to whine.

It really depends on what they do with him after for me at least.

I wish he'd finish "growing" and return to his old cosmic zen badass self.

I guess it's okay. I like the one on the covers better, though.

Yeah, even though he'd probably not be any good at interiors.

Phyla is definitely as crappy as Adam. At least Adam has cause to whine.
She's really not, and she has ample cause to whine. Besides, she doesn't even whine as much as Adam does to begin with, and when she does she's just whining to herself or Moondragon. Now that Moondragon's gone, I expect her to shut up and get more badass.

She's really not, and she has ample cause to whine. Besides, she doesn't even whine as much as Adam does to begin with, and when she does she's just whining to herself or Moondragon. Now that Moondragon's gone, I expect her to shut up and get more badass.

Dude, you'd ***** and moan just like Adam if you were pulled out of bed, thrown into the cold and forced to make sense of some ridiculous situation. Phyla just *****es about how she doesn't know how to use her powers to the fullest. Shut the **** up and learn, ****. :cmad:

She's had them for like 3 days! She's done okay when the chips are down, too; she kicked the Super-Adaptoid's ash pretty handily with some intelligent power usage. And Adam Warlock used to know how to deal with **** a bad place of a lot better than this. Unless the coccoon totally rewrote his entire mind, he should be shutting up and learning to deal with his ****, too. Whiny dukee. :cmad:

The coccoon did **** his his head up. That's the whole point of his confusion. And he's only been out for like, 2 hours. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"