Marvel TV Series Guardians of the Galaxy on Disney+

pq9wqz4srz0a1.jpg

zwpb93tq6s0a1.jpg

Yeah it was nice to see more of Mantis. I feel like I got a better sense for her physical ability, fighting skills and empathic powers from how she used them against some humans here than I had from Vol. 2 or Infinity War.

The main reveal here isn't too surprising. I had already figured that was likely the case after Vol. 2. But
good to have confirmation.

I'm glad Cosmo has her full abilities here. I'm guessing she just came with the new base.

I wasn't a big fan of how they chose to animate the animated bits though.

Last edited:
Yeah it was nice to see more of Mantis. I feel like I got a better sense for her physical ability, fighting skills and empathic powers from how she used them against some humans here than I had from Vol. 2 or Infinity War.

The main reveal here isn't too surprising. I had already figured that was likely the case after Vol. 2. But
good to have confirmation.

I'm glad Cosmo has her full abilities here. I'm guessing she just came with the new base.

It makes sense because that's what Disney's cheaper animations more or less looked like in Peter's childhood.

This was a cute special. I laughed out loud a few times. My only complaint was that there wasn't enough Rocket but I guess it's also fair since he got a lot of time to shine in Infinity War and Endgame whereas Drax and Mantis didn't. Maria Bakalova's debut as Cosmo was an added bonus.

It makes sense because that's what Disney's cheaper animations more or less looked like in Peter's childhood.
The animation looked like that on purpose because it was an homage to the animated segment in the Star Wars Holiday Special.

The animation looked like that on purpose because it was an homage to the animated segment in the Star Wars Holiday Special.

I figured that's what they're going for but I don't think they really succeeded if that's what they were going for. The rotoscoping look it had was pretty awkward compared to the more hand animated look of the Star Wars special, the coloring was more bland too and the backgrounds looked like they just applied a filter to photos of the set instead of the painted look backgrounds had in Star Wars.

As a Christmas Movie, I rate this as the second best one, following the Noel Diary (that one is really good) and didn't have the usual Christmas tropes seen in Lifetime and Netflix Christmas movies (which is always a positive in my book as using those tropes to me signify laziness and lack of creativity). As part of the MCU, I thought it was cute.

Also, as much as I thought Lucky the Pizza Dog was a positive for Hawkeye, Lucky didn't talk. Cosmo did. She was my favorite part of the special. I hope we get a character poster for her in Guardians 3.

Also, the Collector is confirmed to have survived Thanos so he could show up again.

I figured that's what they're going for but I don't think they really succeeded if that's what they were going for. The rotoscoping look it had was pretty awkward compared to the more hand animated look of the Star Wars special, the coloring was more bland too and the backgrounds looked like they just applied a filter to photos of the set instead of the painted look backgrounds had in Star Wars.
I'll agree with you there. It looked like a Flash video from the early 2000's. I guess since it was only two scenes they didn't bother to put too much effort into it to keep the budget down.

When it was announced at the investors day 2020, I wanted exactly that.

Man, this was so much fun not to mention heartfelt and charming asf. I might have my issues with how Gunn portrays Bautista as Drax as times but there is no doubt that he loves and knows these characters.

Drax and Mantis being the leads in this was definitely a stroke of genius IMO, because those two really do have some great chemistry together and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing them team up more in the future.

Kevin Bacon was an awesome little addition too and while Nebula only a few minutes of screentime at most my god does Karen Gillan get the most out of it because two of her scenes made me pretty much laugh out loud.

Please give me more annual, holiday specials like this and Werewolf by Night Disney.

So any ideas on how
Bucky lost his arm again?

Filler MCU content, but nice eXtra content for Disney+ and Marvel fans.

i didn't like the aspect ratio though.

Also I guess Mark Hamill really was just joking about the reputation of holiday specials and not teasing an appearance.

Really enjoyed this special.

Also, I wasn't aware that the Smashing Pumpkins did a Christmas song, but I liked it and it was really fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"