Guardian's Spaceship & Tech

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by OsGom, Aug 17, 2012.

1. OsGom Mind-Taker

So the GOTG movie is a go and is being touted as Marvel's Star Wars. If it's going to meet that lofty goal then we need to think about immersion. They will need to design a futuristic landscape of spaceships and high tech set piece.

I'm looking forward to a few galactic dog fights and maybe a large scale starship battle.

So will we see the Icarus (old school GOTG ship) maybe the USS Captain America II? Anyone have some ship design ideas or just tech in general.

The Icarus is blocky in it's design, but they could keep the general shape and streamline it.

[​IMG]

I actually like the design for the USS Captain America II. It could be shortened and modernized a little more.

[​IMG]

If anybody has some suggestions, images or mock ups of alternatives then please share.

2. Chewy REDACTED

3. Captain Marvel SHAZAM!

It won't be the first two, as they belong to the 31st century Guardians of the Galaxy. Star-Lord's ship is a good bet. Although if they stick closer to the comic, they'll get around by teleporters courtesy of Knowhere.

4. cph9fa Registered

Ooh, those first two look really cool! They remind me a little bit of the Prometheus and Odyssey from Stargate SG-1.

5. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

I can't wait to see the weapons they use.

6. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Why do you assume that, because in the comics those ships were 31st century, that they must be the same in the movie? Mind, they wouldn't have the same *names*, but I wouldn't bet against a use of the design.