A breakdown of the Ironman/Spiderman relationship

Uh yeah...it is.

Truly great stories are poured upon for their details and interesting plot and characterization.

When someone has to shoehorn reasons into something that isn't there, well, then that storyline sucks.

Doc Destruction said:
Uh yeah...it is.

Truly great stories are poured upon for their details and interesting plot and characterization.

When someone has to shoehorn reasons into something that isn't there, well, then that storyline sucks.

Thats not what you said intially in that line (its what you said in the first paragraph which is why i didn't quote it).
You claimed good stories are always readily accepted which is not the case (that isn't the same as contrived explantions after the fact).
Which is why I provided the art analogy, due to the massive amounts of artists who were only appreciated after their death.

I pity poor Tony Stark since he's only in his mid-thirties. He's like five years older than Peter.

LadyMoira said:
Exactly. It's also why he would store Thor's dna sample on file from the very first and why he would do anything...Tony just looks at it as being prepared for all contingencies; he doesn't realize how other people would see it as an infringement on their own privacy and rights.

I wouldn't say that would be a control issue thing. If he's anything like me, being the curious scientist type and such, he would simply keep the hair to analyze and categorize it being how it's the hair of a supposed god. Kind of like why we keep dinosaur bones and such.

Though, that does back up really nice as being forethoughtful and having plans.

diespinne said:
Cloning Thor is a wee bit much, no? But fine, if that's the route he's going, why stop there? Surely, he has DNA samples of his other teammates as well, particularly Captain America. Why not create a cloned Steve Rogers to be the 'real' Captain America and Pro-SHRA to boot. That would demoralize the resistance... hell, why stop there? An army of Steve Rogers clones to act as Darth Iron Man's stormtroopers and crush the rebellion once and for all--MUAHAHAHA!!! ugh...:whatever: ... but really is that any worse than hiring a team of the most ruthless, treacherous bounty hunters in the galaxy [read: SUPERVILLAINS] to hunt down the resistance?

I'm thinking the Iron Man in this story is a clone himself... a twisted version of the real Tony Stark who's locked away deep in the bowels of the Deathstar... er, Negative Zone prison.

First off. NO CLONES OF MAIN CHARACTERS THAT WILL BE HERE AFTER THE FACT!!!!!!!!

(Though, I do have a hunch that Tony himself might end up dead, and just load himself into the armor or something. Anyways.)

He's actually in the process of making new superhumans. The 50 State Incentive is what I believe it's called at the moment. Though that might be put on hold after how Thor acted out of line. Thor wasn't meant to kill people (despite the fact I know TONS of people believe Tony full wanted his side to look so much worse by having Thor kill or something), and that was most likely due to a malfunction. So Stark, being a genius, will hopefully wait to bring that forward. (Though using the Thunderbolts is a far worse idea.)

But Stark isn't nearly as bad as you're making him out to be. o_O

Just wanted to say that I think the first post in this thread is extremely well thought-out, and absolutely on the money as far as the two heroes' characterization goes. Really good stuff. :)

Mistress Gluon said:
First off. NO CLONES OF MAIN CHARACTERS THAT WILL BE HERE AFTER THE FACT!!!!!!!!

Hmmm... you mean after this 'Civil War' thing is over? So, clones of main characters are just fine up until the end, then? Cool-- I SO want to see an army of Captain-Ameri-troopers in their beautiful, shiny red and gold Iron-Captain suits being led by Iron Man in his PHAT Hero-buster armor... but hey, I guess I'll probably have to settle for Spider-boy's arch-foes-- The Green Goblin and Venom and Their Amazing Friends instead... ho hum. :whatever:

I actually EXPECT clones of some of the more powerful hero's on both the anti and pro SHRA side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"