Guy Ritchie Directing Disney's Aladdin

I much preferred Robin Williams as a serious actor.

Same here. That might be the biggest reason why I don't share the love for the original, since fans emphasize Genie so much. Will Smith's version looks better to me.

People are gonna leave the theaters raving about Will's Genie, if anything. Could 2019 be his comeback year? He's getting in good with the family audience with Aladdin and Spies in Disguise. Then he'll get the adult audience with Ang Lee's Gemini Man. Next year is Bad Boys 3. I couldn't be more interested to see how this all turns out for him.

My issue is that Will Smith is trying to be Robin Williams but his humor has never been the same as Robin's, so it comes off as awkward. I agree that I wasn't totally on board with some of Robin's Genie - the topical references haven't aged well, kids today have no idea who Rodney Dangerfield or William Buckley were - but for the most part he worked in the part.

"Friend Like Me" was written for RW's manic style. Having Will Smith sing the same song isn't going to work well because Smith is not the same sort of comedian. He's much more laid back.
How is he trying to be Robin William's?

All I been hearing this is another Will acting Will performance Im confused. I dont see a hint of Robin in those scenes I see Will Smith in CGI

Yeah, I don't see him trying to be like Robin Williams, either. He's playing the character completely differently, and he's not even singing in the clip we saw, he's essentially rapping.

very curious about iago now that he has a confirmed voice actor
will he speak or just repeat things like he did in the animated movie, or just make noises cause i know Alan is good at that too from moana

I'm thinking to keep it slightly more grounded he'll just be a mimic but intelligent enough to actually get his ideas across with it.

I see him being like the monkey from the Pirates movies.

very curious about iago now that he has a confirmed voice actor
will he speak or just repeat things like he did in the animated movie, or just make noises cause i know Alan is good at that too from moana
Uh, in the original movie he only did the repeating this once at the start and then quickly dropped the act and his cantankerous personality came to light. Remember?

Uh, in the original movie he only did the repeating this once at the start and then quickly dropped the act and his cantankerous personality came to light. Remember?
Iago was the monkey right. He always cracked me up along with that red bird with the pet tiger.

Lot of rose colored glasses with regard to Robin Williams as The Genie. When the original animated film came out, a lot of people liked it, but there were also a lot of people who thought his shtick was getting old and found it and the character wildly annoying. Now it's become "You can never replace Robin Williams as The Genie!"

You show me those people and I'll show you a group of liars. :oldrazz:

Yeah, not really. The film was the biggest animated film at the time thanks in no small part to Williams.

The vast majority of reviews at the time praised his performance.

He even won a special Golden Globe award just so they could award him for the voice.

Yeah, not really. The film was the biggest animated film at the time thanks in no small part to Williams.

The vast majority of reviews at the time praised his performance.

He even won a special Golden Globe award just so they could award him for the voice.

Haha, Will Smith is in the audience at 1:35.

Still not feeling Jafar's voice and now in the camp that wanted Ben Kingsley to play him.

Still not feeling Jafar's voice and now in the camp that wanted Ben Kingsley to play him.
The "Prince of Persia" comparisons definitely wouldn't have ceased in that case. Ben Kingsley already basically played Jafar.

Nizam.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"