Guy Ritchie Directing Disney's Aladdin

Offically rated PG for action ad peril.

I'm looking forward to A Whole New World, and will sing along to it in the theater!!1

I’m looking forward to prince Ali and will arrive riding an elephant to it in the theatre

I don't know if I saw a different trailer from the one released recently or not when I saw Endgame today, but this film looks cheap as hell on the big screen.

Yeah, Aladdin is weak so far. He's alright looks wise, but performance is low energy and shaky. Jasmine is good, though. But not as good as the animated version. But I didn't expect them to surpass the perfection.

Jasmine is very good and Will Smith seems to be doing his best as Genie, which is admittedly a thankless part for anybody not named Robin Williams.

But yeah, Aladdin and Jafar are both miscast and boring.

That’s a bit mean, I quite like the actor who’s playing Aladdin. His hair is nice

when people say that the actress playing Jasmine is good why do i have a feeling that they think she is good because she is an attractive woman? let the women have an attractive villain :)

*raises hand* Woman here. No thanks to this "attractive" villain. Jafar is one of the biggest creepers in Disney canon, no good comes from trying to make him hot. We don't need this predator to be Tumblr's new boyfriend. That said, he's actually just boring-looking to me. Not menacing, not attractive, just boring.

Jasmine seems good because she looks the part and can clearly sing. Hopefully her acting is just as good. Jury's still out on Aladdin, though he doesn't seem quite right to me in clips.

when people say that the actress playing Jasmine is good why do i have a feeling that they think she is good because she is an attractive woman? let the women have an attractive villain :)

Well I’m a poof so there goes that theory lol

That's usually how it goes. :o

Aladdin actor continues to disappoint. Shame. Hopefully Naomi and Will salvage this thing.

I'm fine with the cast, personally. I don't think they're trying to make Jafar so overtly villainous. At least not in the trailers.

I think the Aladdin actor looks great. We've seen maybe 30 seconds of him speaking/singing and completely out of context of the rest of his scenes. Same with Jafar. Even the Genie, for that matter.

While I admit that the marketing/advertising for this movie has been weird to say the least, I'm willing to bet they didn't cast the entire film with duds.

tumblr_pqmlw2Ga201w91ri6o1_1280.jpg

i did see the dolls are starting to get released yesterday
the jasmine plays the "Whole new world" section u hear in the trailer

the genie plays part of "Friend like me"
Will says "Mister, what's your name ? Whatever what will your pleasure be ? Let me take your order i'll jot it down, you aint never had a friend like me"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"