• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Halo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of waiting to play Halo!!!!

want.gif

I'm playing Halo 2 in the meantime. Well, at least I'm trying to. Playing on PC. The first couple Missions played just fine. But now I'm in the Outskirts and the game has gone totally bonkers. When I walk forward, I randomly do a 180, or I walk a couple meters only to have the game reset me to the old position I was just standing in, I randomly aim at my feet or straight at the sky, **** like that.

Gonna be heading out here around 9:30 EST. I'm so excited... I just can't hide it.

3 more hours till I get my copy... I already took 2 days off from work :D

about to go leave right now, my friends from work went there right after. I'm not even gunna touch the campaign till my friends get it so we can do it on legendary.

Halo 4 is getting a ranking system in Early 2013!!!

I really think this is an awesome decision.

One of the great things about Halo's ranking system was that it gave people a goal to reach and created more competition among rival players to see who could level up faster than the other player. It gave people an incentive to play the game. I think the lack of a ranking system is probably part of what hurt the online multiplayer in the previous two games. No ranking system, no goal, no competition.

Adding this into Halo 4's multiplayer is really going to bring back that competitive edge that's been sorely missing from the series. It also shows that 343i is really taking the fans opinions to heart (within reason, of course).

Whoever the person at 343 Industries is that suggested bringing back rankings, you deserve a raise and handshake.

And hugs. Lot of hugs.

I haven't even started on the campaign yet. I'm still on the multiplayer, and judging from the crowd here, this tournament won't wind down until sunrise. I'll have to play the campaign tomorrow.

A few hours into the MP... Absolutely amazing. LOVE it!

Just had an amazing match on Ragnarok. Went 23 - 7 and got an Overkill in a Mantis :D

Argh, I want Halo 4 now! Might get it in the mail later today, might get it tommorrow..

..and the net at my bedsit/SRO is f***ed, so I probably won't be able to play much/any multilayer at first..

fml

Really love the game. I played a bit of the campaign and a bit of the MP and loved them both. I'm overjoyed with what 343 has done with Halo. It's fantastic!!!!

Don't spoiler it, but does this game "change anything" regarding what happened in previous stories, for those that have finished it?

Playing Halo 2, I'm so glad that sprint will be a default action for everyone in Halo 4. You can't ****ing catch up to anything on foot.

Just finished the game. Today marks the first day I've ever cried while playing a video game.

GOOD. F**KING. LORD. Playing Firefight in Reach. I wish people would stop selecting goddamn Arcade. It's so mind numbingly boring. Infinite rocket launchers and lifes. What a challenge. :wall:

How's the matchmaking handled in Halo 4? Do you still select a game and then have to vote for a gametype you want to play? Because I freaking hate that. I just want to select a game, the map, the gametype I want to play and play that with people who want the same. Not get in a room with 3 strangers who all want something else.

GOOD. F**KING. LORD. Playing Firefight in Reach. I wish people would stop selecting goddamn Arcade. It's so mind numbingly boring. Infinite rocket launchers and lifes. What a challenge. :wall:

How's the matchmaking handled in Halo 4? Do you still select a game and then have to vote for a gametype you want to play? Because I freaking hate that. I just want to select a game, the map, the gametype I want to play and play that with people who want the same. Not get in a room with 3 strangers who all want something else.
From what I've played each game type has it's own list, although you still vote for the map.

Mine's going to be a couple of days before it gets here & by then everyone will have finished legendary campaign & be a master of multiplayer :csad:

Same here. Funds just got on my credit card today. The game will probably be shipped tomorrow and then it'll take 3-6 days to arrive. :(

played about 3 matches and leveled up 5 times. I am going to try to finish the campaign myself tonight.

You might want to remove that due to the language.

It is funny, though. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"